Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Connor Hall explains catalyst for scoring form

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Connor Hall thanked Wanderers legends David Lee and Tony Kelly for helping him find a red hot scoring streak.

The 19-year-old striker has hit 15 goals in 12 development squad games, prompting many Bolton fans to question if he should be pushed towards the first team.

Hall failed to score in his opening six games but says his turnaround in fortune has been engineered on the training ground, with the help of Under-23s coaches Lee and Kelly.

“I owe a lot to them,” he said. “They have been practising hard with me on the training pitch, even after the sessions have finished – they have been helping me with my shooting.

“It’s brilliant working with them both, though, they really know their stuff and put so much time and effort into helping us all develop and be the best we can be.”

The development squad has gone 10 games unbeaten to top the northern section of the Professional Development League, and now sit on top of the league after beating previous leaders Sheffield Wednesday at the start of the week.

Hall reckons Lee and Kelly are ensuring the young players know all about club tradition.

“I saw on David Lee’s birthday the club tweeted out a video of him powering through and taking on about four players, so I have heard that story a couple of times since.

“Both he and Tony have been there and done it all. They’re the perfect people to learn from and I just want to be the best that I can be.”

Hall says he has also been passed down a few tricks of the trade from Wanderers’ goal poacher, Adam Le Fondre.

“Alfie gives me lots of hints and tips,” he said. “He’s a really good role model for me to look up to.”

Source

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Absolute drivel.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

If the senior players are coming off the training ground admiring those two it may be a benchmark of how our own youngsters stack up i.e. not good enough yet.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum