Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

REACTION: Phil Parkinson on Norwich City 0-0 Bolton

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

PROUD Wanderers boss Phil Parkinson praised his players for digging in to win an important point and a second consecutive clean sheet at Norwich City.
After riding their luck in the first half at Carrow Road the Whites were a different prospect after the break, matching their hosts stride for stride.
James Maddison struck the post for the Canaries and Moritz Leitner was denied one-on-one by Ben Alnwick in what proved one way traffic early on.
But a shift in formation in the second half, which eventually led to Liverpool loanee Jon Flanagan making his Bolton debut from the bench, gave Wanderers a much more solid look after the restart.

“Me, Steve and the rest of the staff are immensely proud of that performance,” reflected Parkinson after the final whistle.
“Norwich are a good side and I watched them against Wolves and they were excellent – but I stood there watching us today and I loved it, there’s no other way to put it.
“That was a real shift we had to put in today and I’m very pleased. It was a good win on Tuesday against Sunderland but it was so important we got something on our travels because we’d had two or three defeats and we needed something to get that confidence and belief back.
“That is the level of performance you have to put in. People like Darren Pratley have gone right to the wire – but his was one of many good performances. It is exactly what we needed and I’m pleased with the point.”

Clear cut chances were thin on the ground for Wanderers – although Adam Le Fondre did put one header wide in the opening period.
Aaron Wilbraham and Jem Karacan flashed shots at goal later on but Parkinson was pleased nonetheless with what was a wholehearted performance from his side.
“Second half in particular we had some good moments,” he said. “You know chances are going to be few and far between away from home and they had a few good ones in the first half – but those key moments make games.

“I am not going to grumble. More important was the togetherness and organisation we showed because we will need it for the rest of the season.”
The result leaves Wanderers in 19th, four points clear of the bottom three.

http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/wanderers/16046123.REACTION__Norwich_City_0_Bolton_Wanderers_0/

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum