Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Sheffield Wednesday 1-1 Bolton

+9
Sluffy
boltonbonce
Natasha Whittam
Cajunboy
karlypants
Boggersbelief
gloswhite
Norpig
MartinBWFC
13 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

41Sheffield Wednesday 1-1 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Sheffield Wednesday 1-1 Bolton Sat Mar 10 2018, 23:21

Leeds_Trotter

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

boltonbonce wrote:Nice slippers.
I pinched you a few pairs Bonce.

42Sheffield Wednesday 1-1 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Sheffield Wednesday 1-1 Bolton Sat Mar 10 2018, 23:22

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Size 9 I hope. And new.

43Sheffield Wednesday 1-1 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Sheffield Wednesday 1-1 Bolton Sun Mar 11 2018, 09:38

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Leeds_Trotter wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:Are you the plant pot?
How could I be the plant pot when I'm the one taking the photo?
Now we know who the real plant pot is! Very Happy

44Sheffield Wednesday 1-1 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Sheffield Wednesday 1-1 Bolton Sun Mar 11 2018, 15:40

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

If we were ever going to get another away win this season, that game was it and despite the good feeling that came with getting the late equaliser I reckon it was 2 points dropped which may be the difference between survival and relegation at last orders. 
Looking at our remaining fixtures Parky may end up regretting not playing a more attacking system and selection today, because he won''t get much opportunity to do that down the line.

45Sheffield Wednesday 1-1 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Sheffield Wednesday 1-1 Bolton Sun Mar 11 2018, 15:54

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

wanderlust wrote:If we were ever going to get another away win this season, that game was it and despite the good feeling that came with getting the late equaliser I reckon it was 2 points dropped which may be the difference between survival and relegation at last orders. 
Looking at our remaining fixtures Parky may end up regretting not playing a more attacking system and selection today, because he won''t get much opportunity to do that down the line.
He's got Millwall and Brum home, and Barnsley, Burton away that if he sends them out to win we have a chance, we all know he wont though so yes pretty screwed.

46Sheffield Wednesday 1-1 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Sheffield Wednesday 1-1 Bolton Sun Mar 11 2018, 16:37

How much more attacking could he have gone with that squad? Clough for Pratley? Not a sensible move away from home.

47Sheffield Wednesday 1-1 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Sheffield Wednesday 1-1 Bolton Sun Mar 11 2018, 18:04

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Martin, are you sure you support Bolton? I know Blackburn fans with more love for BWFC.

48Sheffield Wednesday 1-1 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Sheffield Wednesday 1-1 Bolton Sun Mar 11 2018, 18:23

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:Martin, are you sure you support Bolton? I know Blackburn fans with more love for BWFC.
I'm far from being anti Bolton, just anti Parkinson, he's too scared to let them play to their strengths.

49Sheffield Wednesday 1-1 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Sheffield Wednesday 1-1 Bolton Sun Mar 11 2018, 18:53

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

MartinBWFC wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:Martin, are you sure you support Bolton? I know Blackburn fans with more love for BWFC.
I'm far from being anti Bolton, just anti Parkinson, he's too scared to let them play to their strengths.
He could start bet getting Buckley some better boots. These aren't doing it.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

50Sheffield Wednesday 1-1 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Sheffield Wednesday 1-1 Bolton Sun Mar 11 2018, 20:09

MartinBWFC wrote:

Our strength is being solid at the back, that’s what got us promoted last year. Not sure what you want him to focus on instead.

51Sheffield Wednesday 1-1 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Sheffield Wednesday 1-1 Bolton Sun Mar 11 2018, 22:01

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Extended highlights from SW TV.

52Sheffield Wednesday 1-1 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Sheffield Wednesday 1-1 Bolton Mon Mar 12 2018, 15:04

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

T.R.O.Y wrote:
MartinBWFC wrote:

Our strength is being solid at the back, that’s what got us promoted last year. Not sure what you want him to focus on instead.
IMO the defence has been heavily protected by the midfield in a system which pulls attackers back and leaves them with too much to do going forward to provide a consistent goal threat. It's great to minimise goal scoring opportunities for the opposition but when we are playing against teams like Wednesday in a situation where a win would be a massive coup in this relegation fight, I feel we should show a lot more attacking intent, but this system - and especially Parky's positioning of the forwards - doesn't help. Adam Armstrong was a perfect example. For us he played 20 games and scored just 1 goal. Since he's been at Rovers in League 1 he's played 12 and scored 7. Different league, but it does show that with a bit of support he  knows where the goal is.
I'm happy enough playing the Parky way against the top teams, but I can't see us pulling away from the teams around us if we sit back against them. 
Obviously Parky's system would work a lot better if we had more athletic midfielders who can up and down the pitch in numbers, but we can't afford that sort of talent, so in making do with what we've got, Parky should set his stall out differently against teams more susceptible to pressure e.g. Wednesday. IMO.

53Sheffield Wednesday 1-1 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Sheffield Wednesday 1-1 Bolton Mon Mar 12 2018, 16:11

The question was really, what are our strengths as a team? I think it's quite obviously the defence (and I include the likes of Henry as part of that unit).

Do we have the players at our disposal to play any other way? I would say not. Yes this is a team built in Parky's image, he's created a squad to play his style of football but at this point, it's working. I don't think the Armstrong example proves anything, doing it in a successful league 1 side and a struggling championship side are worlds apart. We need players who can do the latter.

54Sheffield Wednesday 1-1 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Sheffield Wednesday 1-1 Bolton Tue Mar 13 2018, 11:31

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

T.R.O.Y wrote:The question was really, what are our strengths as a team? I think it's quite obviously the defence (and I include the likes of Henry as part of that unit).

Do we have the players at our disposal to play any other way? I would say not. Yes this is a team built in Parky's image, he's created a squad to play his style of football but at this point, it's working. I don't think the Armstrong example proves anything, doing it in a successful league 1 side and a struggling championship side are worlds apart. We need players who can do the latter.

That's almost like suggesting we should play the same way against every team regardless of who are they are and I can't agree with that amigo.
Our strength is defence because we set up defensively at the expense of attack so of course it's our strength. Question is whether or not you believe some teams are more susceptible to attacking pressure than others and personally I do - and therefore think we need a bit more tactical nous than inviting pressure and only coming out of the shell when we're losing.
As regards "playing to our strengths" I don't believe we are playing to our attackers strengths and they are made to look worse than they are because they are isolated so often.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum