Bolton Wanderers Fans Forum

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton Nuts » BWFC » Wandering Minds » What if the Bible is true.

What if the Bible is true.

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 What if the Bible is true. on Mon Mar 26 2018, 04:14

Angry Dad

avatar
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo
If it is and you have not accepted Jesus is your savior then it says instead of eternal life you get eternal damnation in hell so where are you going .

2 Re: What if the Bible is true. on Mon Mar 26 2018, 07:30

boltonbonce

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
If it's true,I'll be forgiven. That's how it works. Isn't it?

3 Re: What if the Bible is true. on Mon Mar 26 2018, 08:13

rammywhite

avatar
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington
Check out Pascal's wager.

4 Re: What if the Bible is true. on Mon Mar 26 2018, 09:56

Angry Dad

avatar
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo
rammywhite wrote:Check out Pascal's wager.
That takes you to endless other places, iv'e just been reading that hell is full of good well meaning people. Shocked

5 Re: What if the Bible is true. on Mon Mar 26 2018, 10:01

Angry Dad

avatar
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo
The gist of that is they did not believe they did not accept their sins were paid for by Christ dying. They thought Easter was about chocolate and bunnies and holidays. They thought Christmas was more important than Easter.

6 Re: What if the Bible is true. on Mon Mar 26 2018, 10:02

Angry Dad

avatar
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo
Atheism is very rare.

7 Re: What if the Bible is true. on Mon Mar 26 2018, 10:14

Norpig

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
I'm an atheist, i have no belief in God or any of that other palaver about Heaven and Hell.I have to bite my tongue when my kids ask me about God as they go to a Catholic primary school.

8 Re: What if the Bible is true. on Mon Mar 26 2018, 10:17

rammywhite

avatar
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington
Norpig wrote:I'm an atheist, i have no belief in God or any of that other palaver about Heaven and Hell.I have to bite my tongue when my kids ask me about God as they go to a Catholic primary school.

Why did you send them to a catholic primary school when you know they would be taught the beliefs of the catholic church? Why not an ordinary state primary?

9 Re: What if the Bible is true. on Mon Mar 26 2018, 11:06

boltonbonce

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
I don't know how many times I've had to say this,but there is only one God.

10 Re: What if the Bible is true. on Mon Mar 26 2018, 11:34

Angry Dad

avatar
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo
boltonbonce wrote:I don't know how many times I've had to say this,but there is only one God.
Is that a Loo brush Bonce.

11 Re: What if the Bible is true. on Mon Mar 26 2018, 11:54

boltonbonce

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Angry Dad wrote:
boltonbonce wrote:I don't know how many times I've had to say this,but there is only one God.
Is that a Loo brush Bonce.
You're playing with fire now. :nuts:

12 Re: What if the Bible is true. on Mon Mar 26 2018, 13:19

Norpig

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
rammywhite wrote:
Norpig wrote:I'm an atheist, i have no belief in God or any of that other palaver about Heaven and Hell.I have to bite my tongue when my kids ask me about God as they go to a Catholic primary school.

Why did you send them to a catholic primary school when you know they would be taught the beliefs of the catholic church? Why not an ordinary state primary?
Because it was the school Mrs Pig went to and she is Catholic. The Catholic schools have a much better reputation and i can put up with the religion if my kids get a good education.

13 Re: What if the Bible is true. on Mon Mar 26 2018, 13:53

finlaymcdanger

avatar
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf
I'm atheist too and more than happy to accept the risks. I also have no issue with my kids learning about religion in school because they'll need to make their own informed decisions about it one day. They have friends with religious parents and so it's a part of their lives and a good thing to be educated about.

For Islamic gentlmen, it is a promise of virgins after death
For Christians, it is a place or eternal peace and comfort
For Hindus, the opportunity to escape the gruelling task of reincarnation
For the Buddhist it is all about reaching Nirvana

Each to their own but I'm happy to settle for a lot less.

14 Re: What if the Bible is true. on Mon Mar 26 2018, 14:23

wanderlust

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Angry Dad wrote:If it is and you have not accepted Jesus is your savior then it says instead of eternal life you get eternal damnation in hell so where are you going .
But the Bible is self-contradictory as regards "eternal damnation" so where's this coming from?
Revelations 20 verses 13 and 14 says that Hades will give up it's dead to be judged on the day of judgement and those found wanting will be killed in a burning lake of sulphur i.e. dead (again) and therefore not eternally damned.

This is just another example of the church misinterpreting writings to control the people and it worked for hundreds of years - just as Islam has been misinterpreted to gain cultural and social power. 

Literally putting "the fear of God" in people to control them.

15 Re: What if the Bible is true. on Mon Mar 26 2018, 14:28

Natasha Whittam

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
There's no "what if".

Which you'll find out as you watch me walk through the Pearly Gates, just as you take up your position in the queue behind the Hell branch of BB.

16 Re: What if the Bible is true. on Mon Mar 26 2018, 14:34

boltonbonce

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

17 Re: What if the Bible is true. on Mon Mar 26 2018, 18:39

Angry Dad

avatar
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo
Natasha Whittam wrote:There's no "what if".

Which you'll find out as you watch me walk through the Pearly Gates, just as you take up your position in the queue behind the Hell branch of BB.
Where'd that come from bitch.

18 Re: What if the Bible is true. on Mon Mar 26 2018, 18:47

karlypants

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Angry Dad wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:There's no "what if".

Which you'll find out as you watch me walk through the Pearly Gates, just as you take up your position in the queue behind the Hell branch of BB.
Where'd that come from bitch.
I agree, there’s nowt wrong with the goings on behind BB.

19 Re: What if the Bible is true. on Mon Mar 26 2018, 18:59

Reebok Trotter

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Norpig wrote:I'm an atheist, i have no belief in God or any of that other palaver about Heaven and Hell.I have to bite my tongue when my kids ask me about God as they go to a Catholic primary school.

:agree:

20 Re: What if the Bible is true. on Mon Mar 26 2018, 19:05

Natasha Whittam

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Norpig wrote:Because it was the school Mrs Pig went to and she is Catholic. The Catholic schools have a much better reputation and i can put up with the religion if my kids get a good education.

So basically you're a massive hypocrite.

The truth is, deep down, you are unsure about God rather than 100% dismissive. If there was a "tooth fairy" school you wouldn't send your kids there even if it was the best school in the country. But you allow them to attend catholic school because you don't entirely dismiss God.

PM me and I'll send you some lovely hymn lyrics.

21 Re: What if the Bible is true. on Mon Mar 26 2018, 23:24

Angry Dad

avatar
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo
Surely it's better to have belief of another life it gives you a purpose in this life.

22 Re: What if the Bible is true. on Tue Mar 27 2018, 08:33

Norpig

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Natasha Whittam wrote:
Norpig wrote:Because it was the school Mrs Pig went to and she is Catholic. The Catholic schools have a much better reputation and i can put up with the religion if my kids get a good education.

So basically you're a massive hypocrite.

The truth is, deep down, you are unsure about God rather than 100% dismissive. If there was a "tooth fairy" school you wouldn't send your kids there even if it was the best school in the country. But you allow them to attend catholic school because you don't entirely dismiss God.

PM me and I'll send you some lovely hymn lyrics.
I'd rather you send me some obscure Hip-Hop tracks to be honest  Very Happy

23 Re: What if the Bible is true. on Tue Mar 27 2018, 10:36

boltonbonce

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Is Cecil Him number 38? There must have been a few.

24 Re: What if the Bible is true. on Tue Mar 27 2018, 11:01

Angry Dad

avatar
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo
Norpig wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:
Norpig wrote:Because it was the school Mrs Pig went to and she is Catholic. The Catholic schools have a much better reputation and i can put up with the religion if my kids get a good education.

So basically you're a massive hypocrite.

The truth is, deep down, you are unsure about God rather than 100% dismissive. If there was a "tooth fairy" school you wouldn't send your kids there even if it was the best school in the country. But you allow them to attend catholic school because you don't entirely dismiss God.

PM me and I'll send you some lovely hymn lyrics.
I'd rather you send me some obscure Hip-Hop tracks to be honest  Very Happy
Only a fool mocks the lord, desist lest you be smote.

25 Re: What if the Bible is true. on Tue Mar 27 2018, 11:07

Angry Dad

avatar
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo
I was smoted once by an old lady with an umberella not an experience i'd like to repeat an all i said was any bloke would be proud of that beard love.

26 Re: What if the Bible is true. on Wed Mar 28 2018, 14:02

wessy

avatar
Andy Walker
Andy Walker
Lots of God fearing people seem to be devout and then go and do horrendous things, so total hypocrisy.
ie nuns beating the shit out of kids, priests running off with the bingo money etc.

I prefer to try my best to live life to the full, be nice to people and treat people how i would like to be treated.
And then cometh the hour i will be judged on that premise, or not!!!

I think it's better to not go to church but be nice, than be obsessed with religion go every Sunday then spend all week being a bastard.

27 Re: What if the Bible is true. on Wed Mar 28 2018, 14:07

y2johnny


Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka
I used to be quite religious. Went to church and all that of my own accord up until being about 18

But then i grew up

The bible is just a shit disney film in book form

Full of fairy tales about a bloke with a beard and a few shit magic tricks

28 Re: What if the Bible is true. on Wed Mar 28 2018, 16:15

gloswhite

avatar
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff
I believe there is something , but don't want to put a name on it. 

Mind you, when I get nearer the day I fall off my perch, I'll have to start cramming for my finals  Very Happy

29 Re: What if the Bible is true. on Wed Mar 28 2018, 16:21

boltonbonce

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
gloswhite wrote:I believe there is something , but don't want to put a name on it. 

Mind you, when I get nearer the day I fall off my perch, I'll have to start cramming for my finals  Very Happy
I'll get stuck in the gates.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum