Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton's Will Buckley fires warning to old club Leeds United

+2
Natasha Whittam
karlypants
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Will Buckley finally feels ready to show Wanderers fans what they have been missing.

Hampered by injury for much of the Championship season, the 28-year-old winger has not been able hit top gear since signing on a free transfer last summer.

Buckley remains convinced, however, that after fighting back to full fitness he can now play a prominent role in the run-in, starting with a trip to face his former club Leeds United on Friday.

“I feel good at the minute,” he told The Bolton News. “You need a few games to get back to your best and it’s been a bit stop-start for me this season.

“But I’ve started the last three now and I feel like I can really kick on and do a job for the team.”

Uwe Rosler signed Buckley on loan for Leeds from Sunderland in October 2015 but the German coach was sacked at Elland Road less than a fortnight later.

His replacement, Steve Evans, stated publicly he had been “disappointed” with Buckley’s form before cutting the loan short.

A total of four appearances, and just one start, meant the midfielder failed to make a lasting impression on Leeds – something he would love to rectify in a Bolton shirt.

“My time at Leeds didn’t go well,” he said. “I was only there for a short time but I didn’t play and it would be nice for me to go back there and get a win, maybe a goal.

“They are a big club and they started really well when they beat us on the opening day of the season. I thought they looked a really good team.

“We have picked up a lot since then so I think it will be a lot closer game.”

Since Boxing Day, no team in the Championship has took fewer points than Leeds (eight). Wanderers have lost just four of their 14 games in comparison.

Buckley admits playing catch-up from such a poor start to the campaign has left little margin for error.

“The start we had, it was like throwing 10 games away,” he said. “We haven’t had a chance to relax all season so we’re not about to start now. I’m happy with where we are with eight games to go but there are some big ones left to play.”

Source

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Surely Parky has seen the light and Buckley will be on the bench at Leeds. Robinson is a far better option on the left.

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He only played 4 games on loan for Leeds.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:Surely Parky has seen the light and Buckley will be on the bench at Leeds. Robinson is a far better option on the left.
Robinson is in the USA squad to face Paraguay tonight so he has travelled to North Carolina even if he doesn't get on the pitch and therefore may be out of the reckoning for the Leeds game.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:Robinson is in the USA squad to face Paraguay tonight so he has travelled to North Carolina even if he doesn't get on the pitch and therefore may be out of the reckoning for the Leeds game.

If he'd been to the moon and back, landing in Bolton at 2.59pm, I'd still back him to be more effective than Buckley.

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Natasha Whittam wrote:
wanderlust wrote:Robinson is in the USA squad to face Paraguay tonight so he has travelled to North Carolina even if he doesn't get on the pitch and therefore may be out of the reckoning for the Leeds game.

If he'd been to the moon and back, landing in Bolton at 2.59pm, I'd still back him to be more effective than Buckley.

At the risk of sounding clever, I'd question his positioning sense as they're playing in Leeds so landing in Bolton would suggest that he's a bit numb.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

rammywhite wrote:At the risk of sounding clever, I'd question his positioning sense as they're playing in Leeds so landing in Bolton would suggest that he's a bit numb.

Idiot. As if the astronaut gets to choose the landing site.

NASA have chosen Bolton.

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Natasha Whittam wrote:
rammywhite wrote:At the risk of sounding clever, I'd question his positioning sense as they're playing in Leeds so landing in Bolton would suggest that he's a bit numb.

Idiot. As if the astronaut gets to choose the landing site.

NASA have chosen Bolton.

I love it when you rise to the bait you old trout

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Wasn't there a Rocket pub in Breightmet?

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

yes there was Bonce, rough as hell

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum