Bolton Wanderers Fans Forum

Last Match: Reading 0-1 Bolton
Next Match: Bolton v Birmingham - 22/08/2018 20:00
PLAYER RATINGS: Reading 0-1 Bolton (details)

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton Nuts » BWFC » Bolton Wanderers Banter »  Is this why Wheater has been missing ?

Is this why Wheater has been missing ?

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Is this why Wheater has been missing ? on Sun Apr 08 2018, 15:24

Cajunboy

Andy Walker
Andy Walker
So yesterday was disappointing. Whilst many expected Wanderers to lose against [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]Derby County, the first half performance set the tone for the game.
Someone who played yesterday was [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]David Wheater, who hadn’t played in the previous five games.
There was a little story about [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]Bolton Wanderers’ longest serving player in The Sun this morning.
The little snippet stated:
“Bolton’s David Wheater hopes to earn a £50,000 bonus - if he can keep his place. Centre-half and skipper Wheater, 31, is due the extra payment based on appearances. Captaining the side at Derby yesterday left him three short of his target of 32.”
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Obviously, I don’t know how true this is. 
Two years ago, Wanderers had to stop playing [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]Jay Spearing because of payments due to Liverpool. The Reds would have been due £100,000 had Spearing played once more in the 2015/2016 season.

LOV

2 Re: Is this why Wheater has been missing ? on Sun Apr 08 2018, 15:53

xmiles

Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo
This sounds all too believable given our financial situation.

3 Re: Is this why Wheater has been missing ? on Sun Apr 08 2018, 16:22

karlypants

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
But it’s just £50k though.

King Ken would lose more than that dropping down to League 1 so doesn’t make sense to me although Wheater absence is suspicious I don’t think it’s for the sake of £50k.

4 Re: Is this why Wheater has been missing ? on Sun Apr 08 2018, 16:27

T.R.O.Y

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly
It’s still £50k you need to find somewhere in a business that still makes a loss on a monthly basis (I believe?). Happened with Spearing, Moxey also moaned about not getting paid bonuses. It’s certainly plausible.

5 Re: Is this why Wheater has been missing ? on Mon Apr 09 2018, 16:43

Cajunboy

Andy Walker
Andy Walker
It will be interesting to see how many matches  he plays before  the end of the season.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum