Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton Wanderers boss wants cool heads before Millwall clash

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Wanderers are being urged to keep their heads at the business end of the season - from top to bottom.

Comments made by chairman Ken Anderson last week in the aftermath of a home defeat to Birmingham City received mixed reviews among fans.

Phil Parkinson admits the timing of his statement - which was primarily aimed at out-of-contract players - wasn't ideal preparation for the game at Derby County.

He refused, however, to use the criticism as an excuse for a 3-0 victory which put the Whites in a precarious situation just above the bottom three in the Championship table.

“It doesn’t help, does it?" Parkinson said of Anderson's comments, released last Wednesday on the club's official website. "Emotions run high after defeats and on the day of the game, and the day after the game, I tend not to speak to too many of the players, if possible. You can say things you need to sit back and analyse.

“We have got to be bigger than that, though. Yes there is criticism but it didn’t stop us defending a corner as poorly as we did. It is not an excuse.

“Ken has been supportive of me in my time here. If it did get the lads’ back up then we have to show a response by winning enough games to keep us in this division."

Source

As I said at the time, never helpful in any business for a Chairman to undermine and go over a managers head.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Criticizing the owner won't go down well either will it?

Can't believe Parky doesn't speak to the players after games especially when they have been so bad  Rolling Eyes

Norpig wrote:Criticizing the owner won't go down well either will it?

May do with the players, would rather they were motivated than Ken for the run in.

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hopefully, the ones out of contract will be kean to impress and maybe get a new contract or put themselves in the shop window for other clubs.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

T.R.O.Y wrote:As I said at the time, never helpful in any business for a Chairman to undermine and go over a managers head.

Do you live in the real world? The guy/girl at the top has the right to say what he/she wants if employees are underperforming.

Don't know how you run your businesses, or the type of managers you employee. But if I told my direct reports something which was then contradicted by a more senior member of staff it would cause friction, because it would imply (/give away) that I have no idea what I'm talking about.

Ken's job is to work in the background on off field activities, the manager must be left to run the club on pitch.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

T.R.O.Y wrote:Don't know how you run your businesses, or the type of managers you employee. But if I told my direct reports something which was then contradicted by a more senior member of staff it would cause friction, because it would imply (/give away) that I have no idea what I'm talking about.

Ken's job is to work in the background on off field activities, the manager must be left to run the club on pitch.

But if a manager is out of his depth it's the top person's job to do what is best for the company, not to spare his manager's blushes.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Best mates often went around like this when I was a kid in the fifties. Don't see it these days. No one ever called them gay then. How times change.
Bolton Wanderers boss wants cool heads before Millwall clash Stock-photo-two-young-boys-who-are-friends-with-each-other-standing-with-their-arms-around-each-other-smiling-84889834

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm sure you and Breadman could bring that trend back.

Natasha Whittam wrote:
T.R.O.Y wrote:Don't know how you run your businesses, or the type of managers you employee. But if I told my direct reports something which was then contradicted by a more senior member of staff it would cause friction, because it would imply (/give away) that I have no idea what I'm talking about.

But if a manager is out of his depth it's the top person's job to do what is best for the company, not to spare his manager's blushes.

Sack him if he’s out of his depth. Bit late in this instance if that’s what KA does want to do, so just shut up and let PP do what you pay him to.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum