Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ian Brady - Moors Murder victim Keith Bennett's mother dies - RIP

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Moors Murderer Ian Brady may have revealed information about where one of his victims, 12-year-old Keith Bennett, is buried, detectives believe.

Police are investigating whether Brady gave details to his mental health advocate, Jackie Powell, during a visit to his psychiatric hospital.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-19292164

--------

Personally I don't think they will ever find Keith Bennett and he is just leading the police on a wild goose chase.

I'd be even more surprised if he can actually remember himself after all these years, the moores are so vast that it would be like trying to find a needle in haystack IMO.

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

They need to find him before his mum dies.

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

I would really be happy to torture brady until he was dead dragging it out nice and slow. Would not think twice about it,be great to feed him hindley's ashes if you could find them. Anyone else feel the same? Also love to go to work on the bulger bastards.

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

AD, I don't want to see another human being tortured, nor do I want to be the one doing the torturing. It's one of the things that makes us better than Ian Brady. I'm afraid locking him up for the rest of his life is his punishment.

As for Thompson and Venables, I was disgusted they were let out after about 10 years. They should still be behind bars, IMO. But again - we don't torture prisoners in the UK, AD, sorry.

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

largehat wrote:AD, I don't want to see another human being tortured, nor do I want to be the one doing the torturing. It's one of the things that makes us better than Ian Brady. I'm afraid locking him up for the rest of his life is his punishment.

As for Thompson and Venables, I was disgusted they were let out after about 10 years. They should still be behind bars, IMO. But again - we don't torture prisoners in the UK, AD, sorry.
Be interesting to see which one of us the general public would vote for LH .

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Angry Dad wrote:
largehat wrote:AD, I don't want to see another human being tortured, nor do I want to be the one doing the torturing. It's one of the things that makes us better than Ian Brady. I'm afraid locking him up for the rest of his life is his punishment.

A referendum on torturing people would never make it on to the ballet paper, and even if it did, there are enough people in this country who would not want the state to have the green light to degrade and mutilate and torture convicted murderers, no matter how emotive their crimes. It would make us no better than Brady and Hindley if we voted for that.

You can go and live in Saudi Arabia or Iran if you're in favour of state torture of criminals.

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

largehat wrote:
Angry Dad wrote:

A referendum on torturing people would never make it on to the ballet paper, and even if it did, there are enough people in this country who would not want the state to have the green light to degrade and mutilate and torture convicted murderers, no matter how emotive their crimes. It would make us no better than Brady and Hindley if we voted for that.

You can go and live in Saudi Arabia or Iran if you're in favour of state torture of criminals.
I am not in favour of state torture , isaid I would be happy to do it to shit like them and that's the truth and I would not be alone by a long way . When I think of the terror those victims went through for me they should get the same and some.

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Angry Dad wrote: I am not in favour of state torture , isaid I would be happy to do it to shit like them and that's the truth and I would not be alone by a long way . When I think of the terror those victims went through for me they should get the same and some.

Fair enough.

Honestly though, are you saying if someone knocked on your door tomorrow, and took you to Brady's cell, and gave you the go ahead, you'd torture him? If there were no repercussions of course. I find it hard to believe that you could torture a total stranger in cold blood, for crimes they committed 50 years ago? Brady is an old man now. Let him rot.

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

largehat wrote:
Angry Dad wrote: I am not in favour of state torture , isaid I would be happy to do it to shit like them and that's the truth and I would not be alone by a long way . When I think of the terror those victims went through for me they should get the same and some.

Fair enough.

Honestly though, are you saying if someone knocked on your door tomorrow, and took you to Brady's cell, and gave you the go ahead, you'd torture him? If there were no repercussions of course. I find it hard to believe that you could torture a total stranger in cold blood, for crimes they committed 50 years ago? Brady is an old man now. Let him rot.
I get what you are saying about him being old but is he not torturing the mother ? So yes I would be more than willing to do anything to him to help her at this stage of the evil bastards life. He should let her bury her son properly don't you agree? Why won't he? I read that some funeral firms were to scared to take on hindley some because of repercussions from outsiders and some because they were plain scared to touch her . Have you heard the tape of these children begging Brady and hindley for their mummy before they were killed . We can agree to differ on this no problem, yes I would do it if it were possible. Hindley as well if she was still alive .

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Angry Dad wrote:I get what you are saying about him being old but is he not torturing the mother ? So yes I would be more than willing to do anything to him to help her at this stage of the evil bastards life. He should let her bury her son properly don't you agree? Why won't he? I read that some funeral firms were to scared to take on hindley some because of repercussions from outsiders and some because they were plain scared to touch her . Have you heard the tape of these children begging Brady and hindley for their mummy before they were killed . We can agree to differ on this no problem, yes I would do it if it were possible. Hindley as well if she was still alive .

Is he torturing Mrs Johnson? Yes, I can only imagine her torment at Keith's body not being found and laid to rest. But he is already being punished for Keith's murder. Unfortunately, refusing to reveal the location of a victim's body is not a crime. It's also not absolutely certain that he could locate the body after all these years. He was taken to the moors twice in the 80s I think, and perhaps he was adding to the torment, and perhaps he didn't know. Even if it is established that he does know but simply won't say, I don't think it justifies torture. Brady actually wants to die and has been kept alive by force for many years. You could say that allowing him to live against his wishes and making him see out his natural life is pretty torturous.

I used to listen to Piccadilly Radio/Piccadilly Gold late night phone in with James Stannage a lot in the first half of the ninenties. Mrs Johnson used to phone in quite a lot and the poor woman is desperate for Keith to be found before she herself dies. She's suffered so much.

But it's not for Mrs Johnson, or indeed any victim, to decide the punishment or sentence of the person who has committed a crime against them.

I think I'm right in saying Brady is Britain's longest serving prisoner - society is making him pay. Imagine being kept in prison for 50 years, knowing you will never be released, and wanting to die and not being allowed to. It's not like he's not being punished much already.

I just don't believe in victim's justice, you hear about it in some Islamist states, when the family of the criminal beg the victim or their family for leniency and so on, it's totally wrong IMO. If you commit the same crime under the same circumstances as someone else, you should be treated equally. I value consistency.

I haven't listened to the tapes of those children begging for mercy and I wouldn't want to, I am sure they would be incredibly disturbing, and I hope I can form an opinion on the subject which others will respect and consider reasonably informed without doing so, by which I mean, I don't think I would change my mind and be happy for Brady to be tortured.

Don't get me wrong, if it's in the newspaper tomorrow that another prisoner has got to Brady and attacked him in his cell, I won't feel any sympathy for him, but that's a different situation to actually thinking this should be a part of his punishment.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

How tragically sad.

Moors Murder victim Keith Bennett's mother dies

The mother of Moors Murder victim Keith Bennett has died, her solicitor has confirmed.

Winnie Johnson, 78, fought a long campaign to get her son's killer, Ian Brady, to reveal his grave.

Twelve-year-old Keith was abducted on his way to visit his grandmother in Manchester on 16 June 1964.

Mrs Johnson's solicitor, John Ainley, said she died peacefully on Friday night with her family present.

She had been in a hospice after suffering from cancer for a number of years.

Her death comes after police said they were examining claims Brady may have revealed information about Keith's grave.

The BBC understands Mrs Johnson was not told about the latest development.

Brady and his lover Myra Hindley murdered five children between 1963 and 1965.

Police are investigating whether Brady, 74, gave details to his mental health advocate, Jackie Powell, from Carmarthenshire.

Mr Ainley, who had represented Mrs Johnson's legal interests in the past few years, reaffirmed her beliefs that Brady still held the key to Keith's burial spot.

"Over the years and in all our personal meetings, Winnie has insisted Brady is the only person who could put her mind to rest and give her the chance to give Keith a decent burial before she passed away," he said.

"She was convinced Brady knew where her son was buried and she told me she wanted the search to continue to find Keith.

"Despite her personal appeals directly to Brady and via my office, Brady had persistently ignored the wishes of a grieving mother.

"She has died without knowing Keith's whereabouts and without the opportunity to finally put him at rest in a decent grave.

"It is a truly heartbreaking situation that this opportunity has now been irrevocably lost."

'Cruel twist'

In July Mrs Johnson had been due to attend a mental health tribunal to hear Brady's application to be transferred to a Scottish prison and be allowed to die.

But Mrs Johnson, from Longsight, Manchester, was too ill to attend the hearing which was eventually postponed due to Brady falling ill.

Mrs Johnson's former solicitor, David Kirwan, described her death as a "cruel and ironic twist".

He added: "She never gave up... She was Keith's mother."

Mr Kirwan said he was very glad that her family would continue the search for Keith.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-19305055

RIP.

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Yes, that is very sad news. Let's hope she is reunited with her little boy now.

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

A real shame, no justice in the world sometimes.

RIP Winnie.

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

I would skin the bastard alive today if i could get him to tell where he is so mother and son could be buried together. That bastard has taunted that poor woman for his own twisted satisfaction. I do think an exception should be made in his case and he should be subjected to horrific pain and fear like all his young victims and their parents. Then if it does not kill him keep him alive minus his skin and give him daily salt baths and cover everything in his cell in sandpaper including his bed. Even all that would not nearly be enough for what he did.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum