Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

OFFICIAL - Jason Lowe signs

+11
Boggersbelief
Leeds_Trotter
boltonbonce
Natasha Whittam
MartinBWFC
wessy
DEANO82
karlypants
y2johnny
BoltonTillIDie
Sluffy
15 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

21OFFICIAL - Jason Lowe signs - Page 2 Empty Re: OFFICIAL - Jason Lowe signs Fri Jun 08 2018, 22:12

Climb out Nat

22OFFICIAL - Jason Lowe signs - Page 2 Empty Re: OFFICIAL - Jason Lowe signs Fri Jun 08 2018, 22:18

Leeds_Trotter

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Can't believe fans are knocking him already, they did the same with Henry and he turned out to be great for us.

23OFFICIAL - Jason Lowe signs - Page 2 Empty Re: OFFICIAL - Jason Lowe signs Fri Jun 08 2018, 22:45

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

T.R.O.Y wrote:Climb out Nat
Ha ha

24OFFICIAL - Jason Lowe signs - Page 2 Empty Re: OFFICIAL - Jason Lowe signs Fri Jun 08 2018, 23:09

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

T.R.O.Y wrote:Climb out Nat
A shame you can’t climb out of your own arse.

25OFFICIAL - Jason Lowe signs - Page 2 Empty Re: OFFICIAL - Jason Lowe signs Sat Jun 09 2018, 10:50

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

MartinBWFC wrote:This one went under boggers radar

You’ve made yourself look a right tit

26OFFICIAL - Jason Lowe signs - Page 2 Empty Re: OFFICIAL - Jason Lowe signs Sat Jun 09 2018, 11:15

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Boggersbelief wrote:

You’ve made yourself look a right tit, I know the feeling. 
::dance::

27OFFICIAL - Jason Lowe signs - Page 2 Empty Re: OFFICIAL - Jason Lowe signs Sat Jun 09 2018, 12:26

Growler

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Ken must rate Lowe to have his photo taken with him.
Defensive midfield is one of the easier,and cheaper areas of the team to replace, one of Megson's biggest mistakes in my opinion was making the limited battler Fabrice Muamba the most expensive midfield player in Bolton's history.In terms of quality, he wasn't even as good as Per Frandsen let alone the likes of Reid or McAteer who could all win tackles but unlike Muamba do something with the ball as well.
Hopefully Jason Lowe can offer something offensively

28OFFICIAL - Jason Lowe signs - Page 2 Empty Re: OFFICIAL - Jason Lowe signs Sat Jun 09 2018, 13:44

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

MartinBWFC wrote:
Boggersbelief wrote:

You’ve made yourself look a right tit, I know the feeling. 
::dance::

::sulk::

29OFFICIAL - Jason Lowe signs - Page 2 Empty Re: OFFICIAL - Jason Lowe signs Sat Jun 09 2018, 14:03

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

This looks to be a decent signing to me. I remember him from Blackburn and he looked a solid player, not much flair or silky skilled stuff but a ball winner and his passing was pretty decent. I don't know what happened at Birmingham and I'd be lying if I said that it doesn't make me feel a little concerned that he's been released but perhaps it was just the wrong club at the wrong time for him. Hope so anyway.

30OFFICIAL - Jason Lowe signs - Page 2 Empty Re: OFFICIAL - Jason Lowe signs Sun Jun 10 2018, 11:59

bryan458

bryan458
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Parky's quote 'he knows his way around the division' ????????

WTF Mad Mad Mad

31OFFICIAL - Jason Lowe signs - Page 2 Empty Re: OFFICIAL - Jason Lowe signs Sun Jun 10 2018, 12:05

Whats the issue with that? He’s got Championship experience.

32OFFICIAL - Jason Lowe signs - Page 2 Empty Re: OFFICIAL - Jason Lowe signs Sun Jun 10 2018, 17:29

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

bryan458 wrote:Parky's quote 'he knows his way around the division' ????????

WTF Mad Mad Mad
It just means he's an experienced Championship player who knows what's needed to perform well at this level mate. In truth he won't set the world alight but he's a solid defensive mid who tackles well and is pretty decent at distributing the ball once he's got it. He's a decent signing for us, especially given how little money we seem to have and I think he'll fit Parkinson's tactics pretty well.

33OFFICIAL - Jason Lowe signs - Page 2 Empty Re: OFFICIAL - Jason Lowe signs Sun Jun 10 2018, 17:40

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

luckyPeterpiper wrote:He's a decent signing for us, especially given how little money we seem to have and I think he'll fit Parkinson's tactics pretty well.

Will he be better than Henry?

Absolutely not.

34OFFICIAL - Jason Lowe signs - Page 2 Empty Re: OFFICIAL - Jason Lowe signs Sun Jun 10 2018, 17:56

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Possibly not but I think he'll be at least comparable and he also might well be cheaper for wages and in our circumstances that's probably the most important factor right now. Don't get me wrong Nat, I don't think he's a world beater by any means but he did strike me as competent when he was at Rovers and right now that's something we need in a big way because we just can't afford the wages a really talented player could command even at Championship level.

35OFFICIAL - Jason Lowe signs - Page 2 Empty Re: OFFICIAL - Jason Lowe signs Sun Jun 10 2018, 18:52

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

luckyPeterpiper wrote:we just can't afford the wages a really talented player could command even at Championship level.
So what are your views on how Anderson is ostensibly conducting negotiations with the potential investors who would have the money for "really talented players"? 
Do you think he'll pull it off or do you reckon he won't sell unless he personally gets a big payoff?

36OFFICIAL - Jason Lowe signs - Page 2 Empty Re: OFFICIAL - Jason Lowe signs Sun Jun 10 2018, 19:07

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Lusty having read way too many of your rants about Ken "Beelzebub" Anderson already I see no point to giving you yet another chance to foam at the mouth about the man who has basically kept this club alive over the last two or three years. I will say this, if Ken can find a buyer who generates a large profit for him personally then good for him, he deserves it. Frankly I think it's incredibly unlikely that he's sabotaging any potential investment in the club for personal profit reasons and I still don't grasp your rationale when you say you think he's some power mad despot who's secretly stripping the clubs assets until he's bled it dry. While I respect your opinion on most things I have to say I think you're wrong at best and delusional at worst on the topic of Ken Anderson and his motives.

37OFFICIAL - Jason Lowe signs - Page 2 Empty Re: OFFICIAL - Jason Lowe signs Sun Jun 10 2018, 19:13

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

luckyPeterpiper wrote:Lusty having read way too many of your rants about Ken "Beelzebub" Anderson already I see no point to giving you yet another chance to foam at the mouth about the man who has basically kept this club alive over the last two or three years. I will say this, if Ken can find a buyer who generates a large profit for him personally then good for him, he deserves it. Frankly I think it's incredibly unlikely that he's sabotaging any potential investment in the club for personal profit reasons and I still don't grasp your rationale when you say you think he's some power mad despot who's secretly stripping the clubs assets until he's bled it dry. While I respect your opinion on most things I have to say I think you're wrong at best and delusional at worst on the topic of Ken Anderson and his motives.

:clap:

Bravo!

Well said Peter.

38OFFICIAL - Jason Lowe signs - Page 2 Empty Re: OFFICIAL - Jason Lowe signs Sun Jun 10 2018, 19:20

wanderlust wrote:Do you think he'll pull it off or do you reckon he won't sell unless he personally gets a big payoff?

Neither, there are no serious investors and nothing will change.

39OFFICIAL - Jason Lowe signs - Page 2 Empty Re: OFFICIAL - Jason Lowe signs Sun Jun 10 2018, 19:44

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

T.R.O.Y wrote:
wanderlust wrote:Do you think he'll pull it off or do you reckon he won't sell unless he personally gets a big payoff?

Neither, there are no serious investors and nothing will change.
As I've said on another thread I think we have to accept that at this time BWFC isn't an attractive business proposition for the sort of person who'd have the money we'd need to seriously challenge for promotion to the Premier League let alone function sustainably if we got there. It will take some time, probably several years for us to really improve because it's going to have to happen on an incremental scale, a step at a time so to speak. Personally I think we're heading the right way in terms of the financial stuff and that for now we need to concentrate our efforts on field to remaining in the Championship while the finances are still being sorted out. We have to accept that big money signings or big wage players are currently beyond our reach and that we can only survive by keeping our sights at a realistically acheivable level. Of course I'd like more, any fan would but unless we suddenly attract the eye of a Sheikh Fatwalletah or some big consortium that's just looking to take a punt with some loose change (in their terms) we're not going to make any quantum leaps forward.

So for me the 2018/19 season will be a success if we make the fifth round of the FA Cup and finish between eighth and fourteenth in the league. If we do better than that I'll be delighted given how little we've got to work with right now. Even in the White Hot years we didn't go on a never ending climb, we were promoted and relegated from the Prem more than once and there were plenty of stutters and mis-steps along the way until we got Sam Allardyce. Even under Sam we barely avoided the drop in both our first two seasons back in the Prem and it took him a while to make us a real force in the division even with the sort of money he had to spend.

40OFFICIAL - Jason Lowe signs - Page 2 Empty Re: OFFICIAL - Jason Lowe signs Sun Jun 10 2018, 19:46

Success next season is staying up again. Can’t hope for any more than that given the situation.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum