Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Boyata

5 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Boyata Empty Boyata Thu Jan 19 2012, 13:05

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

A decent read on the bolton news website with boyata today in which he says he could have had the opportunity to go back to Man City with them having a few defensive problems but decided to stay here as the thought it would help his development.

The young Belgian defender was linked with a return to the Etihad Stadium after City lost the services of their captain, Vincent Kompany, for four matches following his red card in the FA Cup third round defeat to [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].

But Boyata’s preferred option is to see out the season with Wanderers and continue his development as a versatile defender.

“I heard City may have wanted me to go back when Kompany got sent off,” Boyata said, acknowledging the recall rumours.

“What I am doing at Bolton and staying until the end of the season is a better solution.”

Boyata has been unable to command a regular place in Owen Coyle’s first XI, with the majority of his starts coming at right-back – his less favoured position.

“As a centre-half, I haven’t had the chance to show what I can do until the other night.”

“It’s been difficult,” he said. “Sometimes you have a bad start. I am on loan at a team that is struggling, but it’s good for me because I have never been in this position before.

I am here to work and fight and that’s what I’m going to do until the end of the season.”

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

2Boyata Empty Re: Boyata Thu Jan 19 2012, 15:11

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

Well if he gets his head screwed on properly and shows what he can do AND it turns out to be as good as he was supposed to be, then it is win-win.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

3Boyata Empty Re: Boyata Thu Jan 19 2012, 16:14

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Well he seems to be saying the right things at least.

No doubt Coyle will keep playing him out of position though.

4Boyata Empty Re: Boyata Thu Jan 19 2012, 18:28

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

He has to say the right thing, because City didn't want him back ! There were comments about City missing the deadline day, but I think thats just a bit of waffle. If he doesn't get more games, OC will have done nothing but damage the lads career, and leaving him in limbo. Wouldn't it be nice if he played him in the position he knows best, and the one that he presumably brought him for. The logic of Mr Coyle is indeed curious.

5Boyata Empty Re: Boyata Thu Jan 19 2012, 20:31

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I would rather have him at centre back with Wheater tbh.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum