Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Fly the Flag or not?

+3
Sluffy
DEANO82
Angry Dad
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Fly the Flag or not? Empty Fly the Flag or not? Fri Jun 15 2018, 13:07

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

So some council's are banning the English flag for the football and also stopping taxi drivers flying it in case wait for it, it offends muslims. How it does that i'm not sure but some town in Somerset is banning it and it only has 16 muslims WTF???

2Fly the Flag or not? Empty Re: Fly the Flag or not? Fri Jun 15 2018, 14:07

DEANO82

DEANO82
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

No Muslim that i know is offended by the England flag. Just stories printed by the Daily Mail and The Sun to stir up more hatred (As if there isn't enough in the world). 

The story about the town in Somerset with 16 Muslims is from about 5 years ago.

3Fly the Flag or not? Empty Re: Fly the Flag or not? Fri Jun 15 2018, 15:08

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Iirc there are only certain days when councils are allowed to fly the Union Jack (note NOT the English flag).

Football tournaments aren't one of them.

Also I don't know the legality of flying flags in cars. Taxis are licenced by Councils and it may be that some councils are merely telling their drivers that it may be contravening some legislation or other?

4Fly the Flag or not? Empty Re: Fly the Flag or not? Fri Jun 15 2018, 15:23

Leeds_Trotter

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I'm not sure on the legalities, but I do want to erect a flag pole for a BWFC flag in my front garden.

5Fly the Flag or not? Empty Re: Fly the Flag or not? Fri Jun 15 2018, 15:31

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Leeds_Trotter wrote:I'm not sure on the legalities, but I do want to erect a flag pole for a BWFC flag in my front garden.

I guess you would need to check if you required any sort of Planning Regulations and whether you needed any sort of insurance (just in case the flag pole fell down and hit somebody or something like that).

I'd also suggest you mentioning to your neighbours first to see that they are ok with it.

Also I guess there is always the risk that one pissed up Leeds fan decides to trash it (or your house) because it's there!

6Fly the Flag or not? Empty Re: Fly the Flag or not? Fri Jun 15 2018, 15:41

Leeds_Trotter

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Sluffy wrote:
Leeds_Trotter wrote:I'm not sure on the legalities, but I do want to erect a flag pole for a BWFC flag in my front garden.

I guess you would need to check if you required any sort of Planning Regulations and whether you needed any sort of insurance (just in case the flag pole fell down and hit somebody or something like that).

I'd also suggest you mentioning to your neighbours first to see that they are ok with it.

Also I guess there is always the risk that one pissed up Leeds fan decides to trash it (or your house) because it's there!

Wise words. Especially when we beat them 3 times next season.

7Fly the Flag or not? Empty Re: Fly the Flag or not? Fri Jun 15 2018, 15:58

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Angry Dad wrote:So some council's are banning the English flag for the football and also stopping taxi drivers flying it in case wait for it, it offends muslims. How it does that i'm not sure but some town in Somerset is banning it and it only has 16 muslims WTF???
Why would an English flag upset English Muslims? 
Do those Councils officially not recognise British Muslims?
Mo Farah for one seems to be draped in the St George's flag at every opportunity.
If anyone's being racist then it's surely the Councils involved.

8Fly the Flag or not? Empty Re: Fly the Flag or not? Fri Jun 15 2018, 17:17

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

wanderlust wrote:
Angry Dad wrote:So some council's are banning the English flag for the football and also stopping taxi drivers flying it in case wait for it, it offends muslims. How it does that i'm not sure but some town in Somerset is banning it and it only has 16 muslims WTF???
Mo Farah for one seems to be draped in the St George's flag at every opportunity.

If any of this is true or just more lies from the Daily Mail and Sun.

9Fly the Flag or not? Empty Re: Fly the Flag or not? Fri Jun 15 2018, 19:56

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

You bloody chav.

10Fly the Flag or not? Empty Re: Fly the Flag or not? Sat Jun 16 2018, 13:24

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

xmiles wrote:
wanderlust wrote:

If any of this is true or just more lies from the Daily Mail and Sun.
Why isn't the mirror included?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum