Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Blu Marble

+5
Natasha Whittam
Growler
wanderlust
Kane57
Sluffy
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

41Blu Marble - Page 3 Empty Re: Blu Marble Sat Jul 07 2018, 13:53

y2johnny

y2johnny
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

observer wrote:Chronology...
Amos signed to huge contract...
Amos has blinders...
Team is relegated to League One after ED pulls his money out of the club...
Team almost goes into court to prevent liquidation...
KA buys team with Dean in the last hour to prevent liquidation...
KA buys out Dean and becomes sole owner...
Team rises from League One in the first year after relegation to rejoin Championship...
Team payroll is 6.8 million pounds
Large salaries are shed one by one...  Spearing does not agree to terms and leaves... Wheater on the other hand, foregoes a bonus and signs up for reduced wages... Mark Davies is owed big money on his last year... Pratley becoming one of the last remaining high priced players on the squad.
Team rejoins Championship... and goes two years without spending money on transfer fees... 
Amos is loaned out for two years... with only a partial salary being paid by the loaned club...
Team stays up on the last day... Amos continues to make his £16,000/week... or £2.5 million over the last 3 years...
Parkinson invites Amos back to the squad last month after Howard is released...
Amos is the cause of a mutiny which cancels the first preseason game and could eventually divide the team for the upcoming season.

Something precipitated this dispute... or Amos is perhaps the biggest pig in football.  Perhaps Ken and Amos's agent had a pissing contest and Ken stood his ground?  Perhaps Amos threw a fit on the pitch?  Perhaps Ken overreacted to paying money out of his pocket?  

Things that are clear... Ken is not getting rich from the club presently.  Amos, who is lucky to have signed a four-year deal should be kissing the pitch every day.  There are two sides to every story, and in this case there may be even more... such as the bonuses not paid.

Ken made it clear he would have problems financially in the short term.  Contractually he is obligated to pay every player on time.  The sad fact is this should have never gotten this far.  Who, in their right mind, would want to join a club who may or may not pay?  Is the team willing to play or to help the owner get over the hump until revenues come in?  Is KA asking too much and giving too little to get investment help?  The fact remains that Ben Amos should be thankful 2.5 million times over for the team's existence.  There is give and take in every business, and often there are cash flow problems.  This should have been sorted between the parties quietly and behind the scenes.  Now, who knows where this will lead?  It's ugly and no one will win from this dispute.
:clap:

42Blu Marble - Page 3 Empty Re: Blu Marble Sat Jul 07 2018, 14:02

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

T.R.O.Y wrote:Speaking to someone in the pub last night and that came up, I’ve never taken a close look at the accounts but know you have so wondering if there was any truth in it?

There is absolutely nothing in the accounts (link below) to show that Ken or Lee Anderson was paid anything - that is a factual statement no matter what anyone else may want to believe differently.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

There was however a payment of £525,000 shown in one of an Anderson family member owned company Inner Circle Sports and Media, for consultancy services.

(I can't recall now if that payment was made in the same financial year as the clubs accounts or the one after it - but news of this payment came out after the clubs accounts did).

Some people (the anti-Anderson's) took this to be payment to KA as 'wages' from the club, others claimed it was payment to LA for working as an agent in signing players - and a third view (and put forward by a hard core pro-Anderson) was that it was simply a vehicle to allow Inner Circle to fund the purchase of Holdsworth's shares from the liquidator (although the timeline doesn't seem to support this theory for me as the payment was made well in advance of the liquidator gaining control of Holdsworth's shares - so how did anyone know what the acceptable price of them would be?  The propagator of this theory seems to rest his case on the fact that the sum of £525,000 less tax comes to an amount similar to what Inner Circle Investments paid for the shares).

Just for clarity neither KA or LA were named as Directors of IC Sports and Media, the Directors were shown to be Ken's wife Patricia and another Anderson who I believe may well of been Ken's other son.

At the end of the day no one outside those involved commissioning the work from the club end or doing the 'consultancy' at the Anderson owned company knows what the underlying reason the payment was made.

No one presumably apart from the Anderson's even know if KA or LA where even involved in any way in regards to this payment, or received any benefit from it.

I've speculated that the payment could have had something to do regarding work involved in many of the court cases the clubs been involved with over the last two years and absolutely nothing to do with a way of siphoning money out of the club to pay KA, LA  or both.

Similarly to all that I've said in relation to the £525,000 payment there was a payment of £125,000 shown in the notes of the accounts as payment to the Athos Group 'owned by a family member of KA.

I have yet to locate this company on the Companies House data base - if anyone has the link I would be grateful if they could post it - thank you.

Again there is no prove that I'm aware of that LA (or KA) is or ever was involved in the company nor worked for them in any capacity.

Thus the alleged suggestions that KA and/or LA have been paid in any way, are just that, no one as found any prove to substantiate such claims.

It is all just guesswork with people simply putting two and two together.

They might be right but they might well be wrong also.

I myself would rather stick with the facts than go with the hysteria.

43Blu Marble - Page 3 Empty Re: Blu Marble Sat Jul 07 2018, 14:04

Growler

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

maconman wrote:Ken received £525,000 consultancy fees (paid via Inner Circle). A consultancy fee of £125,000 was also paid to Athos Group which is "owned by a family member of K Anderson."
Thanks for that, Sluffy was correct that my figure of £500k was wrong, it was more than that.

44Blu Marble - Page 3 Empty Re: Blu Marble Sat Jul 07 2018, 14:06

y2johnny

y2johnny
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Growler wrote:
maconman wrote:Ken received £525,000 consultancy fees (paid via Inner Circle). A consultancy fee of £125,000 was also paid to Athos Group which is "owned by a family member of K Anderson."
Thanks for that, Sluffy was correct that my figure of £500k was wrong, it was more than that.
Again....

How much was gartside on.   Man deserves paying. The players have all been paid. Its just bonuses

One of the companies i used to work for was ALWAYS late or forgot to pay bonuses. No one took strike action. Why? Because a bonus is exactly that.  You dont rely on it to live.  It got sorted like it always does.  Shame all the people using their pensions etc are missing out on a game of football due to the selfish act of multi millionaire babies

45Blu Marble - Page 3 Empty Re: Blu Marble Sat Jul 07 2018, 14:18

Growler

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

y2johnny wrote:
Growler wrote:
Again....

How much was gartside on.   Man deserves paying. The players have all been paid. Its just bonuses

About 600k wasn't it.However for the majority of his tenure Gartside was delivering a Premier League team generating a far bigger turnover than the one Anderson is, so he should have been earning more.

46Blu Marble - Page 3 Empty Re: Blu Marble Sat Jul 07 2018, 14:23

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Growler wrote:
y2johnny wrote:
Growler wrote:
Again....

About 600k wasn't it.However for the majority of his tenure Gartside was delivering a Premier League team generating a far bigger turnover than the one Anderson is, so he should have been earning more.

Bigger turnover sure but with massive annual loses and leading to the financial unsustainability of the club and Davies having to write off almost £200 million of debt owed to him.

47Blu Marble - Page 3 Empty Re: Blu Marble Tue Jul 10 2018, 19:39

Nigelbwfc

Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Can I just point out that Ken has been quoted as saying that he was in negotiations with Blu Marble about their loan. That he was hoping to spread the debt over a longer period (which any sensible person would do). There's plenty of time to discuss alternative ways of paying the money and he may still pay it outright.

48Blu Marble - Page 3 Empty Re: Blu Marble Tue Jul 10 2018, 20:23

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Nigelbwfc wrote:Can I just point out that Ken has been quoted as saying that he was in negotiations with Blu Marble about their loan. That he was hoping to spread the debt over a longer period (which any sensible person would do). There's plenty of time to discuss alternative ways of paying the money and he may still pay it outright.

Yes I noted that there is an interest charge of 10% pa on the balance outstanding from the 1st September - so obviously there must have been a facility not to pay off the debt in full on that date - contrary to the doom and gloomers that can be found on the Bolton News comments section and social media such as Smurf (Ian Firth) and Philip Shortland (Suffolkwhite) who think it does and are desperate that the Anderson's haven't got the money to pay it!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum