Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Shouldn't We Be Signing Joey Barton?

+12
Spirit of 58
Lofty_Love
JonnyRandom
terenceanne
rammywhite
Angry Dad
Hipster_Nebula
largehat
aaron_bwfc
Bernard Dennis Park
Reebok_Rebel
Natasha Whittam
16 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Shouldn't We Be Signing Joey Barton? Empty Shouldn't We Be Signing Joey Barton? Tue Aug 21 2012, 12:22

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Joey Barton is a total knob, I doubt anyone would disagree with that.

However, we have a lightweight midfield and absolutely no creativity. Joey Barton would bring both to our midfield.

He is about to go on a season long loan to Marseille, but would have preferred to stay in the UK. Owen Coyle should step in and offer Barton a deal.

I actually think Coyle's "nice man" management style might actually work with Barton so I think it would be worth the risk.

Would you sign Barton if you were Coyle?

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

no... full stop no.

hes a cock end, more trouble than he is worth!

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

He'll be on huge wages so I doubt he's the kind of player we'll go for. Probably better than our current central midfielders though.

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

I can't stand the man, though I couldn't stand Diouf as person but it doesn't mean I wouldn't sign him.

Yes in answer to your question I would bring him in for sure, him and andrews would probably get sent off every other game but he would boss the midfield in msot games.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bernard Dennis Park wrote:He'll be on huge wages so I doubt he's the kind of player we'll go for. Probably better than our current central midfielders though.

QPR are paying 60% of his wages.

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

It's a "no" from me as well. He's not worth the baggage.

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Natasha Whittam wrote:

He's banned for ages though. And will probably get a few more bans this season because he's a dickhead. We'd maybe get 20-25 games out of him. I'm not sure.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Nope! I used to think he'd be worth a gamble but after seeing him last season and reading his utterly banal pseudo intellectual bollocks he writes on twitter, I'd hate to see him here.

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Normally i would say no but i think drastic measures need to be taken at Bolton so its a big YES from me but preferably with a decent manager in charge - curbishley or davies .

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

No - he isn't worth the risk. After a 12 match ban, how many games will he be banned for next time he's sent off. Which will happen.
There must be better alternatives than him.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bernard Dennis Park wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:

He's banned for ages though. And will probably get a few more bans this season because he's a dickhead. We'd maybe get 20-25 games out of him. I'm not sure.

He has 11 games left on a ban, including cup matches he'd miss around 8 league games if we signed him today.

I'd rather get 25 games a season from Barton than 38 from Mark Davies.

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Do you think he'd drop down to the Championship? He rates himself as the best player in the country remember.

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

No from me ..... not to mention I think he is overrated anyhow.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bernard Dennis Park wrote:Do you think he'd drop down to the Championship? He rates himself as the best player in the country remember.

He wanted to go to Fleetwood.

If Coyle makes the phonecall I'm sure he could get him on loan. But Coyle doesn't like signing players that are good enough to go straight into the team.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

terenceanne wrote:No from me ..... not to mention I think he is overrated anyhow.

To be fair, he is quite a good player in my opinion, especially at Championship level I suspect.

But to be honest, this is more about having some passion on the pitch than his quality as a footballer.

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

He wanted to go to Fleetwood to get round his ban. Not for a full season. He'll want to stay in the premier league.

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

He only wanted to go to Fleetwood because he has got dickhead mates there, it wasn't a professional thing.

JonnyRandom

JonnyRandom
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

No... Just full stop no

Lofty_Love

Lofty_Love
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Love to, he would be one of our best players, so inevitably Zat would break his legs in training and we can send him back to Hughes in a wheelchair Smile

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Some of you are just nit-picking, no one knows whether he would consider Bolton.

But the phonecall should be made all the same.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum