Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Supporters Trust Accounts

+8
y2johnny
wanderlust
boltonbonce
rammywhite
Leeds_Trotter
Growler
Sluffy
BoltonTillIDie
12 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1Supporters Trust Accounts Empty Supporters Trust Accounts Thu Jul 19 2018, 00:01

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

You can see the latest accounts here:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

2Supporters Trust Accounts Empty Re: Supporters Trust Accounts Thu Jul 19 2018, 01:15

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

BoltonTillIDie wrote:You can see the latest accounts here:

Two things to note -
In TWO YEARS they have carefully collected a balance standing at £60,000
ONE MONTHS current wage for Ben Amos alone is £64,000
Just saying like.

Also seems they spent a staggering £11,000 (equivalent to almost 20% of the sum they saved up over the last two years, on the Player of the Year Dinner in 2016. (What a piss up for them that must have been (paid for by using 1,100 members subs at £10 per annual contribution remember, or one third of their entire membership!!).
As a comparison they only spent £850 at the Player of the Year Dinner - even then I'm sure if you were one of the 85 members whose £10 went towards their mini piss up (compared at least to the previous years £11,000) you'd be more than chuffed they spent it so wisely on themselves!

I wonder if anybody asked about the £11,000 they spent at the 2016 do - some going that just for one evening!
(Probably why they skipped their AGM last year to avoid any embarrassing questions!).

Very Happy

3Supporters Trust Accounts Empty Re: Supporters Trust Accounts Thu Jul 19 2018, 06:35

Growler

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

None of those figures matter.
While we have an owner with a murky history who currently can't be relied on to pay the wages on time, I feel reassured that we have a ST that can step in if needed

4Supporters Trust Accounts Empty Re: Supporters Trust Accounts Thu Jul 19 2018, 08:38

Leeds_Trotter

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I've asked them for you Sluffy. Razz

5Supporters Trust Accounts Empty Re: Supporters Trust Accounts Thu Jul 19 2018, 08:51

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I'm speaking as an FCA and its disappointing that they don't see the benefit of having an external auditor given that there is sufficient interest in the trust and its activities to warrant the benefit of externally validated transparency.  I'm sure that there are plenty of accountants in practice who are BWFC supporters who would offer their services for an honorarium rather than a full fee.
I understand that they are exempt from a full audit, but so are many other organisations who forgo this  right ,in order to make sure that they are externally audited.

6Supporters Trust Accounts Empty Re: Supporters Trust Accounts Thu Jul 19 2018, 10:19

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Growler wrote:None of those figures matter.
While we have an owner with a murky history who currently can't be relied on to pay the wages on time, I feel reassured that we have a ST that can step in if needed

Let me get this right, you are happy that those in charge of the ST spent a staggering £10,963 on themselves for a sports dinner evening???

The ST being funded at the time by just 2,165 members (3,006 members as at July 17 less 841 new members that year as per note 2.6) at £10 per head.

That single evening costs equated to 1,096.3 of their members membership fees for the whole of that year, or just over 50% (50.64%) of their annual income!!!

Jesus what would you anti-Anderson's be saying if Anderson pocketed half of the clubs income for the seasons from the income of Season Ticket sales, match income, shirt sales, any transfer sales, and the money for being in the Championship?  Christ you'd all be rioting in the streets trying to lynch him!!!

And you'd prefer these muppets to a man who despite you clearly despising him as turned the club around from minutes away from Administration and being at the time the biggest financial basket case club in the league to where we are today promoted into the Championship, after a promotion and survival against all the bookies odds and a tremendously better financial situation?

Really?

You lot are clearly blinded by hatred.

Even after two years you've failed to land a single glove on Anderson despite all the ST's disdain of him and the hate, unproven allegations and personal abuse thrown at him on social media from the various anti-Anderson nut jobs.

I'm thinking that perhaps you were one of those who went on the ST's £11,000 piss up evening?

Must have had a great time if you did (fuck the 1,100 members whose individuals annual contributions paid for it though!)

Very Happy

7Supporters Trust Accounts Empty Re: Supporters Trust Accounts Thu Jul 19 2018, 12:03

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Nothing matches your hatred of the ST. It's actually becoming quite an amusing sideshow.

Lord knows what would happen if they entered a team in the Tour de France. Very Happy

8Supporters Trust Accounts Empty Re: Supporters Trust Accounts Thu Jul 19 2018, 12:08

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

To be honest,I think the ST are struggling to find a reason for living. I fear they're fighting a losing battle.

9Supporters Trust Accounts Empty Re: Supporters Trust Accounts Thu Jul 19 2018, 12:12

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

rammywhite wrote:I'm speaking as an FCA and its disappointing that they don't see the benefit of having an external auditor given that there is sufficient interest in the trust and its activities to warrant the benefit of externally validated transparency.  I'm sure that there are plenty of accountants in practice who are BWFC supporters who would offer their services for an honorarium rather than a full fee.
I understand that they are exempt from a full audit, but so are many other organisations who forgo this  right ,in order to make sure that they are externally audited.
Quite right but a lot of small organisations with a low turnover like these guys see cost over benefit, however if a fan offered to do it for peanuts that excuse would be invalidated. In this case, transparency is essential especially if their role expands I'd have thought. You not interested Rammy?

10Supporters Trust Accounts Empty Re: Supporters Trust Accounts Thu Jul 19 2018, 12:22

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

boltonbonce wrote:Nothing matches your hatred of the ST. It's actually becoming quite an amusing sideshow.

Lord knows what would happen if they entered a team in the Tour de France. Very Happy

I don't hate them.

I don't hate anyone, life's to short.

I've simply pointed out what is there, in their own accounts in black and white.

In fact you certainly make considerably far more remarks about the ST in consistently taking the piss out of me (in all sorts of threads the vast majority of which are non related in anyway to the ST) than I ever have done. In fact when even was the last time I even mentioned the ST apart from when someone had a pop at me about it?

And you say I'm the one obsessed!

11Supporters Trust Accounts Empty Re: Supporters Trust Accounts Fri Jul 20 2018, 08:25

Leeds_Trotter

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Not had time to read it get Sluffy but they sent me this link.

12Supporters Trust Accounts Empty Re: Supporters Trust Accounts Fri Jul 20 2018, 08:55

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

wanderlust wrote:You not interested Rammy?

No thanks- I let my practising certificate lapse some time ago.

13Supporters Trust Accounts Empty Re: Supporters Trust Accounts Fri Jul 20 2018, 09:16

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Leeds_Trotter wrote:Not had time to read it get Sluffy but they sent me this link.

Obviously the statement in their accounts has caused a bit of a major reaction for them to go to the lengths of giving an official public explanation on their website!

To be fair to them their explanation for their expenditure in 2016 (costs for organising the Legends match) and 2017 (cost for table as a prize draw for members) makes things a whole lot clearer and removes all reasonable doubts raised by the 'bland' statement shown in their accounts.

As for their accounts for 2016 being made available to the public, yes indeed they are - but they are NOT free, there is a charge involved if you wish to see them!

I think this issue could easily have been avoided and clearly underlines the undeniable common sense stated above by Rammy namely -

rammywhite wrote:I'm speaking as an FCA and its disappointing that they don't see the benefit of having an external auditor given that there is sufficient interest in the trust and its activities to warrant the benefit of externally validated transparency.  I'm sure that there are plenty of accountants in practice who are BWFC supporters who would offer their services for an honorarium rather than a full fee.
I understand that they are exempt from a full audit, but so are many other organisations who forgo this  right ,in order to make sure that they are externally audited.

14Supporters Trust Accounts Empty Re: Supporters Trust Accounts Fri Jul 20 2018, 21:27

In fairness, this shows the pitfall in running with theories when you don't have all the information.

Correct me if i'm wrong, but does this statement not suggest they have used an external auditor:

"Additionally, we would confirm that our independently examined accounts for YE 31 July ’16 were filed with the FCA in March 2017 and have been publicly available since that time."

15Supporters Trust Accounts Empty Re: Supporters Trust Accounts Fri Jul 20 2018, 22:35

y2johnny

y2johnny
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Same could be said for those using guesswork as to what KA's plans for the club are, could it not?

16Supporters Trust Accounts Empty Re: Supporters Trust Accounts Fri Jul 20 2018, 22:37

Couldn’t agree more Johnny, strong opinions based on limited facts are dangerous.

17Supporters Trust Accounts Empty Re: Supporters Trust Accounts Fri Jul 20 2018, 22:39

y2johnny

y2johnny
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

T.R.O.Y wrote:Couldn’t agree more Johnny, strong opinions based on limited facts are dangerous.
cheers

18Supporters Trust Accounts Empty Re: Supporters Trust Accounts Fri Jul 20 2018, 22:44

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

T.R.O.Y wrote:In fairness, this shows the pitfall in running with theories when you don't have all the information.

Correct me if i'm wrong, but does this statement not suggest they have used an external auditor:

"Additionally, we would confirm that our independently examined accounts for YE 31 July ’16 were filed with the FCA in March 2017 and have been publicly available since that time."

Christ you would start an argument in an empty room if you could.

'In fairness' the ST's account showed this -

Other resources expended (Player of the Year Dinner)

...so what would ANY sane person think they were talking about???

It's hardly unreasonable of me then - and no doubt many others - to understand from that entry on their accounts that they had spent the stated amount of £10,963 at the Player of the Year Dinner was it?

How the fuck could anybody know they were really talking about the organisation of a football match - we aren't mind readers and took what it 'said on the box' to be what was meant.

No doubt an auditor would have fully clarified this in his appended notes of the audit.

And yes you are wrong the FCA is the Financial Conduct Authority and the ST is under it's arm as a 'mutual' society (a not for profit organisation) where it is a requirement to simply 'file' annual accounts (and not for them to be audited by them).

Similarly having the accounts independently 'examined' would mean another accountant would have looked at them and not a professional auditor - otherwise they would have simply said so.

19Supporters Trust Accounts Empty Re: Supporters Trust Accounts Fri Jul 20 2018, 22:55

Growler

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

y2johnny wrote:Same could be said for those using guesswork as to what KA's plans for the club are, could it not?
We can have a reasonable guess at what his dreams for the football team are by the fact he didn't sack Parky after earning 2 points from the first 33 last season and the fact that Parky is still here after finishing 4th from bottom.

20Supporters Trust Accounts Empty Re: Supporters Trust Accounts Fri Jul 20 2018, 23:03

Sluffy wrote:
T.R.O.Y wrote:In fairness, this shows the pitfall in running with theories when you don't have all the information.

Christ you would start an argument in an empty room if you could.

'In fairness' the ST's account showed this -

Other resources expended (Player of the Year Dinner)

...so what would ANY sane person think they were talking about???

It's hardly unreasonable of me then - and no doubt many others - to understand from that entry on their accounts that they had spent the stated amount of £10,963 at the Player of the Year Dinner was it?

How the fuck could anybody know they were really talking about the organisation of a football match - we aren't mind readers and took what it 'said on the box' to be what was meant.

No doubt an auditor would have fully clarified this in his appended notes of the audit.

And yes you are wrong the FCA is the Financial Conduct Authority and the ST is under it's arm as a 'mutual' society (a not for profit organisation) where it is a requirement to simply 'file' annual accounts (and not for them to be audited by them).

Similarly having the accounts independently 'examined' would mean another accountant would have looked at them and not a professional auditor - otherwise they would have simply said so.

No need to get aggressive, it’s a fair comment.

Always helps having all the facts first - in any situation.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum