Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ken Anderson - update.

+31
Sluffy
finlaymcdanger
wanderlust
Ososhot7
RustyNail
Reebok Trotter
xmiles
whatsgoingon
rammywhite
maconman
Hipster_Nebula
Ten Bobsworth
bryan458
terenceanne
Dunkels King
Travelodge
Keegan
Cajunboy
Kane57
DEANO82
Leeds_Trotter
BoltonTillIDie
Norpig
Boggersbelief
observer
boltonbonce
Nigelbwfc
y2johnny
Growler
Natasha Whittam
luckyPeterpiper
35 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 39, 40, 41 ... 45 ... 50  Next

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Go down  Message [Page 40 of 50]

781Ken Anderson - update. - Page 40 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Thu Jan 10 2019, 23:20

DEANO82 wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

The fact even Sluffy hasn’t tried to defend this says it all. Who would possibly believe his typo ridden nonsense now?

782Ken Anderson - update. - Page 40 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Thu Jan 10 2019, 23:32

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

T.R.O.Y wrote:
DEANO82 wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

The fact even Sluffy hasn’t tried to defend this says it all. Who would possibly believe his typo ridden nonsense now?

I like to think that not all my stuff is typo ridden nonsense?

Very Happy

783Ken Anderson - update. - Page 40 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Fri Jan 11 2019, 02:19

Growler

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

So Ken admitted receiving a 525K consultancy fee but said it included a promotion bonus as though that justified it,  which means the "financial expert" Tenbobsworth was chatting shit

784Ken Anderson - update. - Page 40 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Fri Jan 11 2019, 08:54

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He paid himself a promotion bonus, but did Parky and his team ever get theirs? I'll bet not.

785Ken Anderson - update. - Page 40 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Fri Jan 11 2019, 11:18

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Growler wrote:So Ken admitted receiving a 525K consultancy fee but said it included a promotion bonus as though that justified it,  which means the "financial expert" Tenbobsworth was chatting shit

It means nothing of the sort, you clearly didn't understand what he was explaining.

What Ten Bob was saying almost certainly happened to the money after he received it - ie to pay off Holdsworth.

He never once mentioned how the £525,000 was made up of.

It's abundantly clear you are anti-Anderson but you're clearly talking out of your backside on this occasion.

786Ken Anderson - update. - Page 40 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Fri Jan 11 2019, 11:45

Nigelbwfc

Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Sluffy wrote:
Growler wrote:So Ken admitted receiving a 525K consultancy fee but said it included a promotion bonus as though that justified it,  which means the "financial expert" Tenbobsworth was chatting shit

It means nothing of the sort, you clearly didn't understand what he was explaining.

What Ten Bob was saying almost certainly happened to the money after he received it - ie to pay off Holdsworth.

He never once mentioned how the £525,000 was made up of.

It's abundantly clear you are anti-Anderson but you're clearly talking out of your backside on this occasion.

It's rather unclear to me from this email as to exactly what he's saying.

You can read it in many different ways

1) the payment of consultancy fees was over a two year period and included promotion bonuses 

2) That a payment was made, we don't know what for, or to who, but ncluded promotion bonuses.

It's speculation that some or all of it went to Dean Holdsworth

787Ken Anderson - update. - Page 40 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Fri Jan 11 2019, 11:49

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

You're the last man standing that isn't Anti-Anderson Sluffy

788Ken Anderson - update. - Page 40 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Fri Jan 11 2019, 11:53

Nigelbwfc

Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Norpig wrote:You're the last man standing that isn't Anti-Anderson Sluffy
Not anti Anderson, but not for him either Think he needs to explain himself a bit more.

789Ken Anderson - update. - Page 40 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Fri Jan 11 2019, 12:24

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The problem I have is that Anderson's "explanations" all fly in the face of what everyone else who has dealings with him are saying. That and the tone and reckless lack of diplomacy of his wording.

I just struggle to see how everyone else is a wrong, especially as Anderson has already proved himself to be a liar with his own words.

790Ken Anderson - update. - Page 40 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Fri Jan 11 2019, 12:31

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

There's no doubt the man is a compulsive liar, crook, unprofessional dickhead, but he's the only show in town, what would become of us if he got up one day and said "fuck it" where would that leave us? yes we all want him gone but at what price?

791Ken Anderson - update. - Page 40 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Fri Jan 11 2019, 12:56

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'd no idea Ken used to be Eric and Ernie's agent!

792Ken Anderson - update. - Page 40 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Fri Jan 11 2019, 13:55

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Well Kieran Maguire Lecture in Football Finance at Liverpool university clearly is judging by his tweets and he has (I presume?) just tried to do a hatchet job on KA based on the last accounts which covered our season in the third tier two years ago, by publishing this -

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

This is my thoughts on it which I originally posted over on ww's.

For what it is worth my quick summing up of the piece is that Kieran Maguire as simply rehashed old news about our company accounts for the year we had in the third tier of football, two seasons ago - I don't see the point really? 

For what it is worth there is certainly one factual inaccuracy he stated in his article that even a non Lecturer in Football Finances such as myself could see! 

However he does include a number of points of interest (to me at least), the first being in respect of what the club was paying to Holdsworth in respect of just the interest HE was charging the club on the BluMarble deal HE set up on the clubs assets (remember the BM loan was to his Sports Shield BWFC company, which in turn he leant on to the club) - 

"Bolton also paid £33,000 a week in 2016/17 in interest charges, partly due to an unusual arrangement with a company called Sports Shield BWFC Limited, controlled by Dean Holdsworth, which charged a Wonga-Tastic 24% interest per annum..." 

That works out at an eye watering £1,716,000 to Holdsworth from the club and that's on top of him being paid the clubs highest wages as the clubs CEO (and people are bitching solely about KA's £525,000 he took in that season accounts?). 

The next is this statement from Maguire - 

"This is where Dean Holdsworth and Ken Anderson stepped in, although it seems the former was all fur coat and no knickers when it came to covering the day to day running costs, and the two fell out, resulting in Anderson obtaining majority control". 

Clearly confirming what KA had been saying all along and hardly an equal partnership between the two on keeping the club running - particularly in view of the point above of Holdsworth taking around £2 million out of the club that year in interest charges and salary alone! 

The next point I found of interest was this - 

"Love them or hate them, player wages are a regular topic for discussion amongst fans and based on a rough and ready formula we estimate that Bolton’s first team squad would have been averaging £335,000 a year"

Just puts into context the job KA's had to turn the club around with no financial help from Holdsworth - remember DH should have brought £5 million NEW investment into the club - not take £5 million out of it via the BM loan.  In effect KA has had to refund the £5 million for BM plus bridge the gap where DH's 'new' £5 million should have been - so in effect start from minus £10 million from where he should have been in attempting to turn the club around!!!

Next, 

"Anderson was paid £525,000 for his services via Inner Circle Investments Limited, a company he set up in 2015 with an investment of £1 of shares. By having such an arrangement, it allows him to legitimately say that he is not being paid a salary by Wanderers". 

This is merely confirmation of what I said yesterday that (weasel words or not) KA was not telling lies when he said he was not being paid a salary.

Finally and no doubt he really tried to nail this one, 

"In addition, £125,000 was paid to another member of the Anderson family, which appears to Ken’s son Lee Anderson, via something called the Athos Group. A trawl of Company’s House reveals that Athos Group is a services company that seems to have no executive called Lee Anderson". 

As I've said all along there is still no proof to the claim that nearly everybody makes that LH is being paid £125,000 each year in wages. 

(Maybe he is but even someone who is clearly anti-Anderson as Maguire is can't prove it!). 

As for him being anti-Anderson this is a tweet he's just made - 

"A Bolton fan asked me if it’s deliberate that the first letter of each sentence of the #BWFC financial review spells ‘Ken Anderson has a small willy’. It’s just an amazing coincidence, I’ve never met Ken or measured his todger". 

Hardly necessary or professional of him to tweet stuff like that to his 'audience' is it?

I went on to say in a follow up post this (slightly amended to put in context to what I've already said above).

...But before others jump on my case, look what Holdsworth was taking out of the club - something like four times as much as KA was - yet KA is seen as the bad guy in all of this?  

If Holdsworth had put the £5 million from his own funds as he should have done and not stitched us up with BM and taking out of the club circa £2 million that season then maybe the money might have been there to pay the bills on time right from the start!

Now there's a thought!

793Ken Anderson - update. - Page 40 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Fri Jan 11 2019, 13:55

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

MartinBWFC wrote:There's no doubt the man is a compulsive liar, crook, unprofessional dickhead, but he's the only show in town, what would become of us if he got up one day and said "fuck it" where would that leave us? yes we all want him gone but at what price?
Conversely, if he stays, he will have more opportunity to bleed the club dry and given that we're losing money hand over fist anyway the sooner it stops the better. 

There's no money to be made in the Championship as the figures for all teams show year on year so any Championship owner has to either invest sufficient money to get promotion or stabilise the business so that it can operate within it's means and accept lower division status.

Anderson has neither the means to invest nor the nous to stabilise so either way he has to go if we are to survive, regardless of the pain of change.

794Ken Anderson - update. - Page 40 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Fri Jan 11 2019, 14:12

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Not to beat a dead horse - but all this is because Big Eddie sold us to people who had no money.
I'm not sure what we expect at this stage. Ken might pocket a few bucks for himself but overall the club is skint and will lose more money this season. Only way to fix this is to unload the club at a bargain price and there are no signs of that happening at the moment. 
On the field we can dodge relegation with a bit more gumption from PP. Remaining in the Champs obviously makes us more attractive to a buyer. To me that's the only goal for this season.

795Ken Anderson - update. - Page 40 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Fri Jan 11 2019, 14:14

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

wanderlust wrote:Conversely, if he stays, he will have more opportunity to bleed the club dry and given that we're losing money hand over fist anyway the sooner it stops the better. 

There's no money to be made in the Championship as the figures for all teams show year on year so any Championship owner has to either invest sufficient money to get promotion or stabilise the business so that it can operate within it's means and accept lower division status.

Anderson has neither the means to invest nor the nous to stabilise so either way he has to go if we are to survive, regardless of the pain of change.
Yes I get all that, but there's nobody wanting in, so as much as it pains us he's all we've got, and if he just upped and left we'd have no funding whatsoever, again it's painful having him here but I wonder what the alternative would bring.

796Ken Anderson - update. - Page 40 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Fri Jan 11 2019, 14:35

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

MartinBWFC wrote:
wanderlust wrote:Conversely, if he stays, he will have more opportunity to bleed the club dry and given that we're losing money hand over fist anyway the sooner it stops the better. 

Yes I get all that, but there's nobody wanting in, so as much as it pains us he's all we've got, and if he just upped and left we'd have no funding whatsoever, again it's painful having him here but I wonder what the alternative would bring?
You're not alone Martin - everybody is wondering what the alternative will bring. Unfortunately, nobody knows what the future holds so we'll just have to let in unfold.

797Ken Anderson - update. - Page 40 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Fri Jan 11 2019, 14:53

Cajunboy

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

It's a bit like Brexit!

798Ken Anderson - update. - Page 40 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Fri Jan 11 2019, 15:25

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

wanderlust wrote:I've read most of the plethora of articles about the current state of affairs but the one that stuck out was the joint statement issued by two Bolton Baronesses. Wondering why they stuck their oar in, but I suppose everyone has an opinion. Here it is...

On Monday evening, Mr Anderson posted a 1,580 word statement on the official Bolton Wanderers website, where he addressed a number of issues, including the failed transfer, Mr Dale's comments and the recent coverage he has received from [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].
In response, two baronesses from Bolton have issued their own joint statement where they address the current ownership of the club.
Rt Hon Baroness Ann Taylor of Bolton and Baroness Trish Morris of Bolton released the statement on Tuesday afternoon. It reads: "Through decades of following Bolton Wanderers, with season tickets first at Burnden Park and throughout the years at our fantastic new stadium, we have seen many ups and downs in the club’s fortunes, both on and off the pitch. But the events of the last few weeks and months have, for the first time, moved us to speak publicly about our grave concern over the way Bolton Wanderers – our beloved football club – is being run. "We have spent months listening to empty promises from the Chairman and his excuses as to why wages and bonuses have not been paid on time. We have seen Marc Iles, the esteemed journalist from the Bolton News, having his credentials withdrawn after asking legitimate questions about the way the club is being run. And in the last few days we have heard reports of shameful behaviour in transfer dealings with other clubs. "We can no longer stand idly by and watch our club being treated like this. The staff deserve better, the players deserve better and most important the fans deserve better. Every football club deserves to be run by someone who sees themselves more of a custodian than a 'secured lender'. Bolton Wanderers belongs to the community and its loyal and devoted fans are embarrassed by the way it is being run and genuinely worried about what the future holds for our once proud football club.
"We grew up watching Bolton Wanderers, and we brought our children up watching Bolton Wanderers. We have cheered, cried, shouted, frozen for decades and we want our football club to survive to allow future generations of Wanderers fans to enjoy the ups and downs of following such a wonderful club. If things continue as they are, we are seriously worried that this may not be the case."
So there you have it. Marc Iles is an "esteemed journalist" apparently. I thought he was just a bloke trying to do his job.

Just for the record it as been brought to my attention that Baroness Trish Morris is the wife of Judge William Morris who is friends with non other than Terence Rigby the Chair of the ST, which are in turn great allies of that "esteemed journalist" Marc Iles.

I did think it was highly random for the two Baroness to get involved as they did (didn't anyone else think that too?) - and probably explains the high praise for Iles if they didn't actually pen the letter themselves but rather just put their names to it.

Water under the bridge now though.

799Ken Anderson - update. - Page 40 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Fri Jan 11 2019, 15:30

y2johnny

y2johnny
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Sluffy wrote:

Well Kieran Maguire Lecture in Football Finance at Liverpool university clearly is judging by his tweets and he has (I presume?) just tried to do a hatchet job on KA based on the last accounts which covered our season in the third tier two years ago, by publishing this -

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

This is my thoughts on it which I originally posted over on ww's.

For what it is worth my quick summing up of the piece is that Kieran Maguire as simply rehashed old news about our company accounts for the year we had in the third tier of football, two seasons ago - I don't see the point really? 

For what it is worth there is certainly one factual inaccuracy he stated in his article that even a non Lecturer in Football Finances such as myself could see! 

However he does include a number of points of interest (to me at least), the first being in respect of what the club was paying to Holdsworth in respect of just the interest HE was charging the club on the BluMarble deal HE set up on the clubs assets (remember the BM loan was to his Sports Shield BWFC company, which in turn he leant on to the club) - 

"Bolton also paid £33,000 a week in 2016/17 in interest charges, partly due to an unusual arrangement with a company called Sports Shield BWFC Limited, controlled by Dean Holdsworth, which charged a Wonga-Tastic 24% interest per annum..." 

That works out at an eye watering £1,716,000 to Holdsworth from the club and that's on top of him being paid the clubs highest wages as the clubs CEO (and people are bitching solely about KA's £525,000 he took in that season accounts?). 

The next is this statement from Maguire - 

"This is where Dean Holdsworth and Ken Anderson stepped in, although it seems the former was all fur coat and no knickers when it came to covering the day to day running costs, and the two fell out, resulting in Anderson obtaining majority control". 

Clearly confirming what KA had been saying all along and hardly an equal partnership between the two on keeping the club running - particularly in view of the point above of Holdsworth taking around £2 million out of the club that year in interest charges and salary alone! 

The next point I found of interest was this - 

"Love them or hate them, player wages are a regular topic for discussion amongst fans and based on a rough and ready formula we estimate that Bolton’s first team squad would have been averaging £335,000 a year"

Just puts into context the job KA's had to turn the club around with no financial help from Holdsworth - remember DH should have brought £5 million NEW investment into the club - not take £5 million out of it via the BM loan.  In effect KA has had to refund the £5 million for BM plus bridge the gap where DH's 'new' £5 million should have been - so in effect start from minus £10 million from where he should have been in attempting to turn the club around!!!

Next, 

"Anderson was paid £525,000 for his services via Inner Circle Investments Limited, a company he set up in 2015 with an investment of £1 of shares. By having such an arrangement, it allows him to legitimately say that he is not being paid a salary by Wanderers". 

This is merely confirmation of what I said yesterday that (weasel words or not) KA was not telling lies when he said he was not being paid a salary.

Finally and no doubt he really tried to nail this one, 

"In addition, £125,000 was paid to another member of the Anderson family, which appears to Ken’s son Lee Anderson, via something called the Athos Group. A trawl of Company’s House reveals that Athos Group is a services company that seems to have no executive called Lee Anderson". 

As I've said all along there is still no proof to the claim that nearly everybody makes that LH is being paid £125,000 each year in wages. 

(Maybe he is but even someone who is clearly anti-Anderson as Maguire is can't prove it!). 

As for him being anti-Anderson this is a tweet he's just made - 

"A Bolton fan asked me if it’s deliberate that the first letter of each sentence of the #BWFC financial review spells ‘Ken Anderson has a small willy’. It’s just an amazing coincidence, I’ve never met Ken or measured his todger". 

Hardly necessary or professional of him to tweet stuff like that to his 'audience' is it?

I went on to say in a follow up post this (slightly amended to put in context to what I've already said above).

...But before others jump on my case, look what Holdsworth was taking out of the club - something like four times as much as KA was - yet KA is seen as the bad guy in all of this?  

If Holdsworth had put the £5 million from his own funds as he should have done and not stitched us up with BM and taking out of the club circa £2 million that season then maybe the money might have been there to pay the bills on time right from the start!

Now there's a thought!
Read the first letter of each paragraph

:rofl:

800Ken Anderson - update. - Page 40 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Fri Jan 11 2019, 15:32

maconman

Mario Jardel
Mario Jardel

Sluffy
I fail to understand why you want to have a go at anyone or any organisation which is all critical of the way in which Anderson runs BWFC. What exactly is your problem now with the ST and Mac Iles?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 40 of 50]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 39, 40, 41 ... 45 ... 50  Next

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum