Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton set to sign Charlton and Northern Ireland striker

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

WANDERERS have had an offer for Charlton Athletic striker Josh Magennis accepted, according to reports.

Phil Parkinson had a £500,000 bid rejected in January for the Northern Ireland international but sources close to the player suggest the South London club are willing to do business at around £350,000 this time around.

Magennis is in the last year of his contract at The Valley and wants to test himself at a higher level of football.

Peterborough United – Wanderers’ opponents in their final pre-season friendly tomorrow – are also thought to be in the running to sign the 27-year-old, who scored 13 goals in League One last season.

Speaking about the interest from Peterborough a few days ago, Addicks boss Lee Bowyer admitted lure of playing football at a higher level could be difficult for his striker to turn down.

“I guess they’ll be back. Nobody just comes in, makes an offer and goes away,” he told The South London Press.

“Josh is a Northern Ireland international and I get it – he’ll want to play at the highest level he can as well.

“If the fee is right it is something that the club would look at.

“We have to be ready in case that happens.

“People are interested in some of our lads and we have to have things lined up behind the scenes.

“If someone comes in last minute then we have got to have someone lined up to replace them.”

http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/16383413.bolton-set-to-sign-charlton-and-northern-ireland-striker/

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

350k! Surely better options even at that price

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Boggersbelief wrote:350k! Surely better options even at that price
Not likely I'm afraid boggers. In fact I'd say 350K is a bargain price for a League TWO striker these days. Even average Championship level strikers seem to be going for five MILLION or more. The transfer market has been going insane for years but now it's beyond lunacy and with single players costing 200 million pounds or more the knock on effect has been to put at least one zero on prices all the way down. I read recently that some National League outfit (conference to us older types) had bought a player for over a million. In that kind of climate any six figure deal has to be seen as cheap.

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

If Meningitis is to be our marquee striker signing, I think we’re going to need another in on a free. Someone who is experienced at playing the lower leagues and is somewhat capable of giving us different options when we need a goal. I just hope they’re still working on it.

DEANO82

DEANO82
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Looks quite good on you tube.

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bobbled to be fair Very Happy

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger