Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Championship coverage on Quest TV

+2
luckyPeterpiper
wanderlust
6 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Championship coverage on Quest TV Empty Championship coverage on Quest TV Wed Aug 01 2018, 01:04

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Channel 5's highlights show of the Championship followed by Leagues 1 and 2 (2 hours in total) has been axed and now all 3 EFL leagues will be crammed into a 1 hour show on Quest TV.
They lost the contract because only half a million people (including me) watched it but now the EFL has been further marginalised by only presenting coverage for a shorter time on an obscure channel. 
SKY - who sponsor the league - will show the occasional match.

I know the rich get richer and the poor get poorer but if we are to encourage the development of young English players and show that not all clubs are in the Premier league, surely the EFL could have done a better job of marketing their product?

Thank God for the internet. Does anyone else appreciate their Wanderers highlights accompanied by a round up of all the other Championship games to enhance context as it is on MOTD?

2Championship coverage on Quest TV Empty Re: Championship coverage on Quest TV Wed Aug 01 2018, 01:34

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

lusty the reason it happened is right there in your post. Low ratings means less advertisers want to buy airtime and that means Ch5 were losing money. Quest can afford much lower ratings because they're owned by the Discovery Network which is huge worldwide. To be honest I was surprised Ch5 even took the League highlights package on because the vast majority of armchair TV fans don't care about anything outside the Premier League. Personally I wish BBC 2 had taken it because while it was on stupidly late on BBC1 the Football League show was actually pretty good. If it was on BBC2 at around 9pm Saturday I think it would gain a lot more viewers who'd then switch to BBC1 for MOTD.

3Championship coverage on Quest TV Empty Re: Championship coverage on Quest TV Wed Aug 01 2018, 08:28

Leeds_Trotter

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I can see Sky getting more and more involved with the Championship. BT will end up having all the Premier leaghe rights so Sky will end up taking up all the Championship ones.

4Championship coverage on Quest TV Empty Re: Championship coverage on Quest TV Wed Aug 01 2018, 18:04

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

If you listen to TalkSport in the mornings,it's all about the Premier League. And even then you need to be in the top eight to warrant a serious mention.
It's bollocks.
Although TalkSport2 are covering the West Brom game.

5Championship coverage on Quest TV Empty Re: Championship coverage on Quest TV Fri Aug 03 2018, 22:15

Bolton Nuts

Admin

The solution should be surely by now, a subscriber package of something like £5 per month for all the Championship and Football league where you can click on either:

Goals
10 mins highlights
30 mins highlights 
Full match

For any game. This subscription could be on the channel 5 website and they could then shunt the coverage on TV to midnight or to Sunday for people who don't subscribe.

https://boltonnuts.forumotion.co.uk

6Championship coverage on Quest TV Empty Re: Championship coverage on Quest TV Mon Aug 06 2018, 17:35

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

TBH it wasn't much different from the Channel 5 show - same format, same presenter but half an hour shorter.

7Championship coverage on Quest TV Empty Re: Championship coverage on Quest TV Mon Aug 06 2018, 17:57

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

wanderlust wrote:TBH it wasn't much different from the Channel 5 show - same format, same presenter but half an hour shorter.
No it wasn't, channel 5 did an hour and a half, so do Quest.

8Championship coverage on Quest TV Empty Re: Championship coverage on Quest TV Mon Aug 06 2018, 19:13

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

MartinBWFC wrote:
wanderlust wrote:TBH it wasn't much different from the Channel 5 show - same format, same presenter but half an hour shorter.
No it wasn't, channel 5 did an hour and a half, so do Quest.
My mistake - i thought they did an hour of each.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum