Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

West Brom upset was no shock to Wanderers boss Parkinson

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

PHIL Parkinson reckons there will be plenty more Championship shocks to come if his side can replicate their hard work at West Brom on Saturday.

Yanic Wildschut’s last-minute winner stunned The Hawthorns and made the division sit up and take notice of a much-changed Bolton team dismissed by many as relegation fodder before a ball was kicked.
Though Parkinson was by no means getting ahead of himself, he feels he is building a squad capable of doing more than just surviving at this level.

“We’ve had a difficult summer in some respects on the recruitment side but it would have been easy to get any old player in – it’s just we have had to wait for the right ones,” he told The Bolton News.
“That takes time but I honestly think the club is in a much better position now than it was last summer.
“This time last summer it was a terrible time, with the embargo, and we weren’t strong enough in many areas. But we’re not getting carried away.
“If we’d been beaten then I’d be saying it’s only the first game, there’s plenty of time left, so I won’t get too excited and neither will the lads.
“It’s a terrific start. When the fixtures came out, West Brom away, everyone thought it was a daunting task. But we felt the pressure was on them, and I think it showed.

“If they carry on like that and work hard for each other then we’ll pick up more points.”
The only downside to the day was a hip injury sustained by Sammy Ameobi which will be checked by medical staff this week.

Wanderers will play against Oldham in a behind-closed-doors friendly to give some game time to some of the players who did not feature at the weekend – and reports suggest the line-up could include ex-Stoke City and Aston Villa midfielder Stephen Ireland on trial.

A back-up goalkeeper is also likely to be signed early this week, with all indications pointing to Cardiff City’s Lee Camp joining the club on loan.
The deadline for permanent transfers will pass at 5pm on Thursday.

http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/16399229.bolton-boss-phil-parkinson-says-west-brom-win-was-no-shock/?ref=mr&lp=1

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum