Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Scrolling Bar

+6
gloswhite
boltonbonce
Boggersbelief
Natasha Whittam
DEANO82
BoltonTillIDie
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Do you like the scrolling bar feature?

Scrolling Bar - Page 2 Vote_lcap91%Scrolling Bar - Page 2 Vote_rcap 91% [ 10 ]
Scrolling Bar - Page 2 Vote_lcap9%Scrolling Bar - Page 2 Vote_rcap 9% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 11

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 4]

21Scrolling Bar - Page 2 Empty Re: Scrolling Bar Mon Aug 20 2018, 17:15

Got to say I’ve never understood the logic behind posting a mundane BN article with no comment or opinion attached to it. I’d make that a rule if I was the mods, only post something you can start a debate or conversation of interest with. Quality over quantity.

22Scrolling Bar - Page 2 Empty Re: Scrolling Bar Mon Aug 20 2018, 17:38

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

T.R.O.Y wrote:Got to say I’ve never understood the logic behind posting a mundane BN article with no comment or opinion attached to it. I’d make that a rule if I was the mods, only post something you can start a debate or conversation of interest with. Quality over quantity.

I originally started posting the articles to try and provoke debate on them.

Perhaps I don't have time to help run a forum and create articles as well.

Perhaps if you stopped posting your usual agenda bending bollocks on the Brexit and Trump threads etc and helped out a little in contributing some own written stuff on BWFC?

Just a thought!

23Scrolling Bar - Page 2 Empty Re: Scrolling Bar Mon Aug 20 2018, 17:51

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

karlypants wrote:Perhaps I don't have time to help run a forum and create articles as well.

Get a grip KP, the site runs itself.

And it's a bit rich to ask the members to write something original when you can't be arsed yourself.

24Scrolling Bar - Page 2 Empty Re: Scrolling Bar Mon Aug 20 2018, 17:59

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
karlypants wrote:Perhaps I don't have time to help run a forum and create articles as well.

Get a grip KP, the site runs itself.

And it's a bit rich to ask the members to write something original when you can't be arsed yourself.

How is it a bit rich? It’s a bloody forum where people come to chip in their 2p worth and talk all things Wanderers!

Not sure why it should be the sole responsibility for back room staff to create all articles?

25Scrolling Bar - Page 2 Empty Re: Scrolling Bar Mon Aug 20 2018, 18:14

karlypants wrote:
T.R.O.Y wrote:Got to say I’ve never understood the logic behind posting a mundane BN article with no comment or opinion attached to it. I’d make that a rule if I was the mods, only post something you can start a debate or conversation of interest with. Quality over quantity.

I originally started posting the articles to try and provoke debate on them.

Perhaps I don't have time to help run a forum and create articles as well.

Perhaps if you stopped posting your usual agenda bending bollocks on the Brexit and Trump threads etc and helped out a little in contributing some own written stuff on BWFC?  

Just a thought!

This thread was asking for honest feedback. I gave mine in a constructive way. You’re an adult Karl and should be able to take that onboard, time to grow up - seriously.

26Scrolling Bar - Page 2 Empty Re: Scrolling Bar Mon Aug 20 2018, 18:30

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

lol

27Scrolling Bar - Page 2 Empty Re: Scrolling Bar Mon Aug 20 2018, 18:30

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

karlypants wrote:Not sure why it should be the sole responsibility for back room staff to create all articles?

If you went into a restaurant and they asked you to make your own meal, what would you do?

28Scrolling Bar - Page 2 Empty Re: Scrolling Bar Mon Aug 20 2018, 18:35

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Fwiw, since we've started doing this all the other BWFC forums to a greater extent or another have followed our lead and do the same.

The articles are put up there to provide both a news update and for the basis of comment and debate.  If we had a magic ball and could tell the articles people would respond to, then we'd just put those up - but we don't.

Experience has taught us that some articles that we certainly expected comments on have not produced any, whilst others that even we wondered whether it was worth bothering about - have produced loads!

Our aim at Nuts is to facilitate comments, opinions and debates.  It would be of benefit to us all if people bring something to the table with them when they comment rather than say start a thread without giving any background to it.

Whether we like it or not most stories originate from somewhere and a great deal of them for most of us at least originate from the Bolton News/Marc Iles.

Originally people would start threads giving no background source as to what they were commenting on - nobody knew if it was genuine or just some made up bullshit.  I got so fed up with having to find the source of all these stories - in order to give other Nuts posters and viewers some context as to what was being said that I decided it would be much easier if we put up the articles as news items in their own section as a basis as easier for all to see what was going on at the club and as a basis for informed discussion and debate - whilst on every occasion giving the Bolton News/Marc Iles full credit for their articles that were seldom if ever credited before (and still not on a regular basis at some other BWFC forums).  Full credit to Karly who has since taken on the vast bulk of the work ever since.

It's easy to be glib and state you prefer quality over quantity - I'm sure we all would - but papers need to fill their pages to keep people returning to them and similarly people flock to busy forums rather than dead ones.

At the end of the day a forum like ours is dependant on people posting - even then some people have issues at what others views and opinions they hold and state - hence the personal abuse and flouncing off and deletion of accounts at times.  We at least are making an effort to provide a minimum daily news feature on the club we all support which hopefully will lead to discussion and debate.

All the mods and Admins on here have their own real life families and careers to deal with and donate whatever free time they can spare that they have left to making Nuts as best as it is.  

We are always looking for others to help and volunteer their time and efforts to make Nuts even better for us all.  We've asked multiple times publicly and have also contacted a number of people privately if they would like to help Nuts by becoming mods and having a direct influence on our development and future for the benefit of all Nuts posters and readers.

Many hands make light work as they say.

So until then we'll continue doing our very best for Nuts with the people who do  want to put effort into the site and apologise to those who don't think we are doing the right thing but don't have the time or the inclination to want to help us themselves.

29Scrolling Bar - Page 2 Empty Re: Scrolling Bar Mon Aug 20 2018, 18:41

All good Sluffy, I don’t go on other forums so if we’re inspiring others that’s great. 

It’s your forum to run as you please, I was just giving my opinion on the matter nobody under any obligation to read/take it seriously.

30Scrolling Bar - Page 2 Empty Re: Scrolling Bar Tue Aug 21 2018, 09:30

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:All the mods and Admins on here have their own real life families and careers to deal with and donate whatever free time they can spare that they have left to making Nuts as best as it is.  

And the members don't? You make out being a mod is a time consuming responsibility when, in truth, there is fuck all modding to be done.

At the end of the day, until we (the members) see some effort from the people running the site we're hardly going to bother ourselves are we.

31Scrolling Bar - Page 2 Empty Re: Scrolling Bar Tue Aug 21 2018, 11:44

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Sluffy wrote:All the mods and Admins on here have their own real life families and careers to deal with and donate whatever free time they can spare that they have left to making Nuts as best as it is.  

And the members don't? You make out being a mod is a time consuming responsibility when, in truth, there is fuck all modding to be done.

At the end of the day, until we (the members) see some effort from the people running the site we're hardly going to bother ourselves are we.

Well we obviously see things differently then because I don't see the task of mods and Administration to control, deternmine and lead what threads are started on a forum but rather to provide the platform for the forum itself, namely its reliability, its design and lay out, the provision of up to date news stories about the club, Radio Nuts, paying for the site out of our own pockets, etc, etc, - as well as the tiny bit of on forum modding that we do also.  

This allows anyone to start a discussion on anything they like under the Sun (providing that it is legal and not offensive).

We aren't here for our own egos - even if one or two try to make out that we are - in fact we are more likely to give free reign to other people's ego's until they themselves believe they are bigger than the site and as such under the false belief that the Nuts will collapse without them.

I guess the old saying that we judge others against ourselves must be true then, if your belief is that a mods job is to take the lead and be centre stage of a forum, whereas my belief is to provide the forum and allow others to be the stars of the show and the characters we all love or hate.

32Scrolling Bar - Page 2 Empty Re: Scrolling Bar Tue Aug 21 2018, 11:48

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It's up to us all as forum members, whether we are mods, admin or whatever to contribute to keep this site running. Not fair to blame the mods on this one
Still waiting for those BEL's by the way Nat  Very Happy

33Scrolling Bar - Page 2 Empty Re: Scrolling Bar Tue Aug 21 2018, 11:54

Who does the banners? Always think they’re well done.

34Scrolling Bar - Page 2 Empty Re: Scrolling Bar Tue Aug 21 2018, 11:58

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Think KP and BTID are the ones who normally sort all that stuff out?

35Scrolling Bar - Page 2 Empty Re: Scrolling Bar Tue Aug 21 2018, 12:04

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Keegan and BTID produce the banners.

36Scrolling Bar - Page 2 Empty Re: Scrolling Bar Tue Aug 21 2018, 12:09

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The good ones are Keegan's the bad ones are mine Laughing

37Scrolling Bar - Page 2 Empty Re: Scrolling Bar Tue Aug 21 2018, 12:31

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I loved the Brucie ones.

38Scrolling Bar - Page 2 Empty Re: Scrolling Bar Tue Aug 21 2018, 12:42

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:

Well we obviously see things differently then because I don't see the task of mods and Administration to control, deternmine and lead what threads are started on a forum but rather to provide the platform for the forum itself, namely its reliability, its design and lay out, the provision of up to date news stories about the club, Radio Nuts, paying for the site out of our own pockets, etc, etc, - as well as the tiny bit of on forum modding that we do also.  

This allows anyone to start a discussion on anything they like under the Sun (providing that it is legal and not offensive).

We aren't here for our own egos - even if one or two try to make out that we are - in fact we are more likely to give free reign to other people's ego's until they themselves believe they are bigger than the site and as such under the false belief that the Nuts will collapse without them.

I guess the old saying that we judge others against ourselves must be true then, if your belief is that a mods job is to take the lead and be centre stage of a forum, whereas my belief is to provide the forum and allow others to be the stars of the show and the characters we all love or hate.

Nuts would collapse without me. End of. Not even up for discussion. You know it. Your dog knows it.

39Scrolling Bar - Page 2 Empty Re: Scrolling Bar Tue Aug 21 2018, 12:48

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Laughing

40Scrolling Bar - Page 2 Empty Re: Scrolling Bar Tue Aug 21 2018, 12:51

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:I guess the old saying that we judge others against ourselves must be true then, if your belief is that a mods job is to take the lead and be centre stage of a forum, whereas my belief is to provide the forum and allow others to be the stars of the show and the characters we all love or hate.

I'm not asking you to be centre stage, I'm asking you to make an effort to save the site from dying off. Someone viewing the site for the first time today is likely to think it's a news site with a handful of comments.

My reasons are purely selfish, I like it on here and don't want it to end up like Bolton Banter or Burnden Aces. Not so long ago I could spend all day on here, there was always some crazy thread going on to keep me entertained - and not a BN news story in sight.

Unless something changes, I'm going to have to start working for a living.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next