Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Let's get back on the front foot, says Wanderers boss

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bolton have been quick out of the blocks this season but hit their first minor stumbling block in last week’s 3-0 home defeat by Sheffield United.

Preston may have lost their last two Championship matches but had a major boost in midweek with a Carabao Cup win at Leeds United, despite playing for an hour with 10 men.

And Parkinson knows his team will have to return to their best form if they are to bring home the points and spend the international break still riding high.

“Any win gives you confidence so I’d imagine Alex [Neil, Preston manager] will be using theirs on Tuesday to create some positivity around the training ground,” said Parkinson, a Deepdale regular as a youngster.

“Their results haven’t been as good as they’d have expected, the performances have been okay from what I’ve seen but we know they’ve got some good players.

“I just feel it’s more about us this week. We’ve set our standards away at West Brom, away at Reading, and we need to get back to that at the weekend and match the performance levels of the start of the season. It’ll be a fast and furious pace at the start and we’ve got to make sure we’re ready.

“To be in this position is great but we want to make the start count with a good performance on Saturday, but I don’t have to say it, really, you can read what other teams are spending and that highlights how well we’ve done to be where we are.

“We’ve got a very committed group who have shown this season they’re ready to wear the shirt with pride, which is what we’re all about.”

Parkinson is desperate to add to that group with a forward before the loan window closes at 5pm today, having been quite open about how thin on the ground his striking options are, particularly in the wake of Adam Le Fondre’s move to Sydney FC.

“Ken [Anderson, chairman} is working on several deals in terms of a striker but the clock is ticking and we’ve got to get one over the line, that’s key,” he added. “We recommended our targets but it is difficult to get these deals over the line. Ideally we’re looking at a deal with a permanent move in January.

“I’ve had some dialogue with Ken this afternoon and he’s working on two or three situations. We’ve just got to try and push as hard as we can and bring in the right player, who will add to what I believe is becoming a decent squad.”

Source

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum