Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

POST MATCH REACTION: Bolton Wanderers 2 Rotherham United 1

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Phil Parkinson has thanked fans to standing by Wanderers in one of the toughest spells of his managerial career.

Bolton ended a run of one win in 19 games with a hard-fought three points against Rotherham United, courtesy of goals from Sammy Ameobi and Gary O’Neil.

Parkinson came in for plenty of criticism during that time – but the support on matchdays has been unwavering, a fact acknowledged by the manager at the final whistle last night.

Wanderers worked hard to protect their win and could now escape the bottom three if they can get a result against Stoke City on Saturday.

“There were some big moments today – Sammy’s goal, Gary O’Neil getting the winner and in the 75th minute when one of their lads had a shot on the edge of the box and there was four of our players throwing themselves at the ball,” the manager said.

“I’m very, very pleased for the lads and the supporters because they have stuck with us and they were great today, they got right behind the team.

“We can all enjoy today and then get ready to come into training to work on what we’re going to do against Stoke City.”

Parkinson had maintained his side’s fortunes would turn if they could keep up their work ethic and not allow their heads to go down.

“This is a big boost,” he said. “We needed it, the staff definitely needed it, it’s been a very tough period but we’ve not once started feeling sorry for ourselves.

“We have got to keep going because we’re in a very tough league but we dug deep to get a result and I’m very pleased with the manner of it.

“I just needed the three points to give us that lift, especially over the Christmas period because the lads and the staff have got to make a lot of sacrifices over this time and it’s all the better if you can get a points return.

“Now we have got some important games coming up.”

Source

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum