Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Return Of The Ginger One?

+6
largehat
rammywhite
Hipster_Nebula
JonnyRandom
Angry Dad
Natasha Whittam
10 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1Return Of The Ginger One? Empty Return Of The Ginger One? Wed Aug 29 2012, 11:28

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We are in the shit. Our manager is clueless, after more than two years in charge he still can't set up a team to defend properly. We are a shambles.

Coyle needs to be sacked and someone brought in who understands you can't win games unless you have a strong defence. There is only one man:

GARY MEGSON.

He's a free agent, knows the club inside out, and while his brand of football is awful, I'd rather be awful and stay up under Megson than be awful and go down under Coyle.

I know this would have sounded crazy 12 months ago, but we are a mess right now and need some organisation. Are you up for a Megson return?

2Return Of The Ginger One? Empty Re: Return Of The Ginger One? Wed Aug 29 2012, 11:44

I agree he would organise us better, but NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

3Return Of The Ginger One? Empty Re: Return Of The Ginger One? Wed Aug 29 2012, 12:13

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

I would have anyone but coyle apart from megson and a load of others.
Curbs or Davies, definately curbs.

4Return Of The Ginger One? Empty Re: Return Of The Ginger One? Wed Aug 29 2012, 13:06

JonnyRandom

JonnyRandom
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Natasha Whittam wrote:We are in the shit. Our manager is clueless, after more than two years in charge he still can't set up a team to defend properly. We are a shambles.

Coyle needs to be sacked and someone brought in who understands you can't win games unless you have a strong defence. There is only one man:

GARY MEGSON.

He's a free agent, knows the club inside out, and while his brand of football is awful, I'd rather be awful and stay up under Megson than be awful and go down under Coyle.

I know this would have sounded crazy 12 months ago, but we are a mess right now and need some organisation. Are you up for a Megson return?

Dont be daft

5Return Of The Ginger One? Empty Re: Return Of The Ginger One? Wed Aug 29 2012, 13:08

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

What's daft?

We know he can set up a team to siffle/bore the opposition. And more importantly to the BWFC board he is a free agent and has experience of managing in the Championship.

6Return Of The Ginger One? Empty Re: Return Of The Ginger One? Wed Aug 29 2012, 13:11

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

obvious troll thread, you can do better nat.

I was thinking this morning and honestly if we're to shake it up I'd happily see Gary Neville or Roy Keane.

Couldn't care less about their connection to Man U or how much they're perceived to be "pricks"

Roy Keane was a breath of fresh air during the Euro's with his honesty, yeah, it goes against my usual stance that honesty isn't necessarily the best policy but maybe i was wrong, maybe this team needs someone to tell them that they aint "all that"

7Return Of The Ginger One? Empty Re: Return Of The Ginger One? Wed Aug 29 2012, 13:11

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I can't see much sense in this suggestion. Megson knew he was universally disliked by the Bolton fans- and he had no great love for them in return.
He would be booed from the start- and when he lost the first couple of games the vitriol would only increase.
It's a nightmare scenario -worse then the one we're in now.
It ain't going to happen

8Return Of The Ginger One? Empty Re: Return Of The Ginger One? Wed Aug 29 2012, 13:15

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:

I was thinking this morning and honestly if we're to shake it up I'd happily see Gary Neville or Roy Keane.

Irony. You call me a troll for suggesting Megson (take the emotion away and it's quite possible he will be considered), and then suggest Gary Neville & Roy Keane!

Neville has no managerial experience at all, and Roy Keane nearly got Ipswich relegated from the Championship.

You seem to be mistaking honesty on tv for managerial skills. Who's your next choice, Sooty & Sweep?

9Return Of The Ginger One? Empty Re: Return Of The Ginger One? Wed Aug 29 2012, 13:19

JonnyRandom

JonnyRandom
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Natasha Whittam wrote:What's daft?

We know he can set up a team to siffle/bore the opposition. And more importantly to the BWFC board he is a free agent and has experience of managing in the Championship.

Everything about "him" coming back is daft. He split the fans. Give us shit and played very bad football. Not saying i want coyle to stay or go but if he goes then i dont want muggers anywhere near this club. Just a horrible man i hope gets robbed by an old lady

10Return Of The Ginger One? Empty Re: Return Of The Ginger One? Wed Aug 29 2012, 13:21

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

yes, the most unpopular manager in the history of the club is bound to be considered!

Neville has no experience, but neither did your oft suggested toy boy Paulo Di Canio when he took over at Swindon. You have to start somewhere.

and as for Keane, yeah he's failed elsewhere but i'd like to see our, frankly, terrible midfielders learn from a top class pro.

11Return Of The Ginger One? Empty Re: Return Of The Ginger One? Wed Aug 29 2012, 13:31

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Natasha Whittam wrote:
You seem to be mistaking honesty on tv for managerial skills. Who's your next choice, Sooty & Sweep?

lol!

12Return Of The Ginger One? Empty Re: Return Of The Ginger One? Wed Aug 29 2012, 13:31

Hipster, Roy Keane? Come on, he was a joke at the Euros he just loves slating England every which way he can, he wasn't a breath of fresh air he was just the direct opposite to the blind optimism of most pundits. His record isn't good enough I wouldn't take him.

Nat- I can't imagine your serious about Megson, never going to happen, and if it did Gartside would probably have to go into hiding.

I'd love Gary Neville but that's probably unrealistic too, Di Canio's more realistic, whether or not he'd come is a different matter, he seems to be enjoying Swindon.

I admit to not knowing enough about the lower leagues to see who's worth a punt, but that's where I'd be looking. They should be modern, play good football and have a good record at their respective clubs. We got Allardyce from League 1, we're going to have to do it again.

13Return Of The Ginger One? Empty Re: Return Of The Ginger One? Wed Aug 29 2012, 13:34

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:

Neville has no experience, but neither did your oft suggested toy boy Paulo Di Canio when he took over at Swindon. You have to start somewhere.

When I suggested Di Canio he had been manager of Swindon for a few months and was turning things around. Look where he is now.

I suspect if Gartside had listened to me back then we wouldn't be in this mess.

14Return Of The Ginger One? Empty Re: Return Of The Ginger One? Wed Aug 29 2012, 13:38

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Hipster_Nebula wrote:

When I suggested Di Canio he had been manager of Swindon for a few months and was turning things around. Look where he is now.

I suspect if Gartside had listened to me back then we wouldn't be in this mess.

Neville is a coach within the England set up, he's well respected, learning the game from Roy Hodgson. Di Canio had zero coaching experience. Neville is hardly a ridiculous suggestion like you're making out.

And as for Keane, despite failing completely at Ipswich his record was still better than Megsons here, as was his record at Sunderland. And yet I'm laughed at, when you're suggesting Gary fucking Megson.

15Return Of The Ginger One? Empty Re: Return Of The Ginger One? Wed Aug 29 2012, 13:45

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:

Neville is a coach within the England set up, he's well respected, learning the game from Roy Hodgson. Di Canio had zero coaching experience. Neville is hardly a ridiculous suggestion like you're making out.

And as for Keane, despite failing completely at Ipswich his record was still better than Megsons here, as was his record at Sunderland. And yet I'm laughed at, when you're suggesting Gary fucking Megson.

I'd take anyone over Coyle right now, even an untried Neville.

But Di Canio would be my number one choice. Great player, has the respect of the players, not scared to kick people out, and most importantly, gets results.

16Return Of The Ginger One? Empty Re: Return Of The Ginger One? Wed Aug 29 2012, 13:46

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I could never completely accept someone so closely associated with Man U as Neville or Keane as manager of BWFC. I suspect others would feel the same. A lot of Man City fans never really accepted Hughes.

17Return Of The Ginger One? Empty Re: Return Of The Ginger One? Wed Aug 29 2012, 13:49

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

If we want to straight up this season we need a manager who has experience at doing it at this level, megson has that but he will never come back and nobody would want him back at the club. We need a manager like Curbishley or Mick mcarthey.

If we was to go for a former player how about holdsworth?

18Return Of The Ginger One? Empty Re: Return Of The Ginger One? Wed Aug 29 2012, 13:53

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Am i the only one that couldn't give a shit if they've played for the club before? I get the "feel good factor" approach, but i want to win games number 1.

As for Di Canio he might be the next Mourinho but he's obviously lined up for the West Ham job and he's got Swindon at the top of League One. Coming here would be a poor move career wise for me.

19Return Of The Ginger One? Empty Re: Return Of The Ginger One? Wed Aug 29 2012, 13:58

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I am hipster on this, I don't give a shit where they have played or not played beforehand, just as long as they can manage a Premiership (after winning the Championship) team efficiently.

Was Bruce Rioch an ex-player? Nope and I consider his period to be the best in recent years followed by ex-Bolton Sam Allardyce.

20Return Of The Ginger One? Empty Re: Return Of The Ginger One? Wed Aug 29 2012, 14:01

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I don't really care if the next manager has an association with Bolton, but an ex-Bolton man gets more time from the fans. If Coyle had been Megson the bedsheets would have been out 6 months ago.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum