Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

BBC Manchester - Fans forum

+8
Kane57
boltonbonce
rammywhite
DEANO82
Growler
Norpig
Sluffy
BoltonTillIDie
12 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1BBC Manchester - Fans forum Empty BBC Manchester - Fans forum Wed Jan 16 2019, 17:37

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

BBC Fans forum is broadcast tonight’s at 6 for any one who is interested 

BBC Manchester

2BBC Manchester - Fans forum Empty Re: BBC Manchester - Fans forum Wed Jan 16 2019, 18:05

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Listen here -

Featuring Iles, the ST's Tetlow and McGinlay leading the Monday night protest - hardly very impartial is it?

Anyway -

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

3BBC Manchester - Fans forum Empty Re: BBC Manchester - Fans forum Wed Jan 16 2019, 19:07

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Missed the first 15 minutes but as you can imagine Kenocchio's name was mud. Super John was on and was very blunt about his views on Ken and Parky, especially his style of play.
As Sluffy said it was a one sided panel but it would be hard to find anyone willing to back Ken at the moment other than Sluffy.

4BBC Manchester - Fans forum Empty Re: BBC Manchester - Fans forum Wed Jan 16 2019, 19:25

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Norpig wrote:Missed the first 15 minutes but as you can imagine Kenocchio's name was mud. Super John was on and was very blunt about his views on Ken and Parky, especially his style of play.
As Sluffy said it was a one sided panel but it would be hard to find anyone willing to back Ken at the moment other than Sluffy.

Eh???

A forum with a panel completely consisting of anti-Anderson's, playing to a crowd (which incidentally was less than full) of anti-Anderson's - with no one in the room having any idea of what to do other than get Anderson out - whilst having no idea who can/would replace him - and there was no one there to speak up for KA - who would have thought that!

It was no better than a kangaroo court.

And for those pushing for the EFL to do something - be very careful what you wish! If the EFL withdraws our membership then, bang, that's it, we are out the league and would have to start again at the very bottom of the football pyramid.

5BBC Manchester - Fans forum Empty Re: BBC Manchester - Fans forum Wed Jan 16 2019, 20:37

Which Pro-Anderson pundit/ex-player/fans group should they have included instead Sluffy?

6BBC Manchester - Fans forum Empty Re: BBC Manchester - Fans forum Wed Jan 16 2019, 21:53

Growler

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

T.R.O.Y wrote:Which Pro-Anderson pundit/ex-player/fans group should they have included instead Sluffy?
If the people who defend Anderson on the internet don't have the self confidence to defend him in public it makes for  a one sided debate

7BBC Manchester - Fans forum Empty Re: BBC Manchester - Fans forum Wed Jan 16 2019, 23:25

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Growler wrote:
T.R.O.Y wrote:Which Pro-Anderson pundit/ex-player/fans group should they have included instead Sluffy?
If the people who defend Anderson on the internet don't have the self confidence to defend him in public it makes for  a one sided debate

Thank you both for making my very point.

How can it be a balanced, reasoned, fair, unbiased, informative Question and Answer forum when there was only ever going to be one side there?

You (and others) have marked me down as a defender of Anderson - but I've never been that, I've simply not believed the rumour and hearsay as gospel based on prejudging someone for events that happened in the past.  I waited and listened to both sides, looked on whatever details were made public, applied a bit of my own knowledge and experience I had that was appropriate and came to the most reasonable outcomes I could.  

Just because I couldn't often match my reasoning to those of the majority of other 'influencers' such as Iles Tweets or the ST agenda didn't make me automatically pro-Ken.

Obviously in your eyes it did though!

KA may well turn out to be the crook that nearly everyone believes but I've still to see anyone provide one scrap of evidence to that effect.  

Holding a Kangaroo court just for the hell of it - still doesn't prove anything - in fact I would even go as far as to say tonight's event did some good for KA!

Evidence the remark Iles made refuting the oft stated claim that KA is being difficult or preventing a sale because of his demands and again Iles comments that Administration is not the cure all and not what people should be pushing for!

Both of which certainly fly in the face of the mass anti-Anderson's core beliefs and ongoing rhetoric!

8BBC Manchester - Fans forum Empty Re: BBC Manchester - Fans forum Wed Jan 16 2019, 23:31

That’s all great sluffy, but irrelevant to the question.

Who could have been brought in to the panel to rebalance it?

9BBC Manchester - Fans forum Empty Re: BBC Manchester - Fans forum Thu Jan 17 2019, 00:01

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

T.R.O.Y wrote:That’s all great sluffy, but irrelevant to the question.

Who could have been brought in to the panel to rebalance it?

No one.

None of the panel know the facts, no 'pro' Anderson supporter would be any different.

At best it would be one side saying my opinion of what is going on is this and the other side saying my opinion is something different!  How would that be meaningful to anyone?

I dare say only the Anderson's know all the facts - and they have every right to keep that to themselves (at least until the accounts are required!).

The event itself didn't seem over subscribed either!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

(from LoV Twitter account)

10BBC Manchester - Fans forum Empty Re: BBC Manchester - Fans forum Thu Jan 17 2019, 00:11

Right so you’re moaning about it being a one sided panel, yet can’t name a single person who could support your argument and back Anderson.

So instead of criticising those who formed the panel, why don’t you try and accept there are other opinions out there which contradict yours? Nobody else is as one eyed as you about all of this.

11BBC Manchester - Fans forum Empty Re: BBC Manchester - Fans forum Thu Jan 17 2019, 00:38

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

T.R.O.Y wrote:Right so you’re moaning about it being a one sided panel, yet can’t name a single person who could support your argument and back Anderson.

So instead of criticising those who formed the panel, why don’t you try and accept there are other opinions out there which contradict yours? Nobody else is as one eyed as you about all of this.

My point was not that my opinion is in the minority but that the whole exercise was pointless - there was never going to be anyone there to represent the other side of the debate!

How could it call itself to be a Question and Answers forum when there was no one going to be there with the full knowledge to be able to answer any of the questions???

From the picture it looks like most people (the majority of them being anti-Anderson themselves these days!) recognised the waste of time of the exercise.

One person who attended estimated there to be just about 50 people bothered to turn up - clearly most people pro or anti Ken could see the futility of the event even if you can't (or at least pretend not to, just for the sake of yet another manufactured argument with me).

12BBC Manchester - Fans forum Empty Re: BBC Manchester - Fans forum Thu Jan 17 2019, 07:30

Growler

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

The event couldn't have been timed much worse.I'm sure the vast majority of people were more interested in the vote of no confidence in the govt being done on live TV at the same time.I couldn't be arsed turning the radio on to listen to any of the fans forum.If there was nowt on tele i probably would

13BBC Manchester - Fans forum Empty Re: BBC Manchester - Fans forum Thu Jan 17 2019, 07:39

DEANO82

DEANO82
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Why would Ken Anderson agree to an audience with John Mcginlay? What exactly would that achieve? As much as he was a legend 20 years ago, the fact is he is now a pub landlord.

Didn't understand the point of the event, surely they could have just done it as a radio phone in and would have potentially got a more diverse range of questions. Even could have invited someone that is currently at the club to take part.

14BBC Manchester - Fans forum Empty Re: BBC Manchester - Fans forum Thu Jan 17 2019, 10:33

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I didn't go as I'm not that interested any more, but just for interest sake, who was on the panel answering questions?

15BBC Manchester - Fans forum Empty Re: BBC Manchester - Fans forum Thu Jan 17 2019, 13:24

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It was Super John, Marc Iles and the lady from the ST, Maggie Tetlow? Sluffys mate Ian Bridge was there as well and asked a question.

The low turnout just shows the general apathy that surrounds the club at the moment.

16BBC Manchester - Fans forum Empty Re: BBC Manchester - Fans forum Thu Jan 17 2019, 13:47

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Super John was pretty caustic with regard to our playing style, if 'style' is the right word. 

Watching a lone front man chase lost cause after lost cause is pretty dismal stuff.  If we're destined to go down,I'd rather go down having a good go.

17BBC Manchester - Fans forum Empty Re: BBC Manchester - Fans forum Thu Jan 17 2019, 20:19

Sluffy wrote:
T.R.O.Y wrote:Right so you’re moaning about it being a one sided panel, yet can’t name a single person who could support your argument and back Anderson.

My point was not that my opinion is in the minority but that the whole exercise was pointless - there was never going to be anyone there to represent the other side of the debate!

How could it call itself to be a Question and Answers forum when there was no one going to be there with the full knowledge to be able to answer any of the questions???

From the picture it looks like most people (the majority of them being anti-Anderson themselves these days!) recognised the waste of time of the exercise.

One person who attended estimated there to be just about 50 people bothered to turn up - clearly most people pro or anti Ken could see the futility of the event even if you can't (or at least pretend not to, just for the sake of yet another manufactured argument with me).

Why does everyone need to be pro or anti anderson to you though? You frame every opinion on the club in this way, it’s not as black and white as you make out.

18BBC Manchester - Fans forum Empty Re: BBC Manchester - Fans forum Thu Jan 17 2019, 21:03

Kane57

Kane57
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

T.R.O.Y wrote:
Sluffy wrote:

Why does everyone need to be pro or anti anderson to you though? You frame every opinion on the club in this way, it’s not as black and white as you make out.

Borderline personality disorder (BPD) is a disordercharacterized primarily by emotional dysregulation, extreme "black and white" thinking (believing that something is one of only two possible things, and ignoring any possible "in-betweens"), and turbulent relationships.

19BBC Manchester - Fans forum Empty Re: BBC Manchester - Fans forum Thu Jan 17 2019, 21:58

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Kane57 wrote:
T.R.O.Y wrote:
Sluffy wrote:

Borderline personality disorder (BPD) is a disordercharacterized primarily by emotional dysregulation, extreme "black and white" thinking (believing that something is one of only two possible things, and ignoring any possible "in-betweens"), and turbulent relationships.

That's unbelievably rich coming from someone who in real life has on social media gone to such extremes to have legal action threatened against you resulting in you deleting your 85,000 tweeted Twitter account and removal as the main man on your beloved LoV blog!

Not only that you clearly gain pleasure on coming on this site to troll or insult me.

This seems to sum you up pretty well -

"“Judge not, that you be not judged. 2 For with the judgment you pronounce you will be judged, and with the measure you use it will be measured to you. 3 Why do you see the speck that is in your brother's eye, but do not notice the log that is in your own eye? 4 Or how can you say to your brother, ‘Let me take the speck out of your eye,’ when there is the log in your own eye? 5 You hypocrite, first take the log out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to take the speck out of your brother's eye".

Mathew 7 verses 1-5.

20BBC Manchester - Fans forum Empty Re: BBC Manchester - Fans forum Thu Jan 17 2019, 22:07

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

T.R.O.Y wrote:
Sluffy wrote:

I'm not pro or anti Anderson, so it's clearly your interpretation of me from what I've said over a period of time.

Clearly there are a vocal majority who ARE anti-Andersons and the 'experts' on the panel last night was Iles, who has been told by his own papers editor to keep things professional and not personal, McGinlay who said last night that he wanted Anderson out of the club and is himself the figure head of this coming Monday's protest against Anderson and a representative of the ST who have set up a company to take over the club from Anderson and have consistently written to the EFL to get him chucked out as owner of the club.

How else should I refer to them if not anti-Anderson?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum