Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Phil Parkinson voices wage frustrations at Bolton Wanderers

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Phil Parkinson says he is thoroughly brassed-off by wage problems affecting his preparation at Wanderers.

Bolton have 12 games left to save their Championship skins but climb aboard the team bus to Swansea today with money once again dominating the agenda.

As The Bolton News went to press, club staff had not received their February wage, and Parkinson admitted his final training session at Lostock yesterday was delayed as he assuaged the concerns of players and other employees.

“From my own point of view it really frustrates me when I come in this morning, organise everything we have got to do for preparation, but half of the talk is about the wages and the club,” he said at his press conference yesterday afternoon. “You are trying not to let it detract but it’s inevitable that it does because that’s what everyone wants to talk about.

“It isn’t just myself and the players, it’s the kit man, the people who look after the pitches, the chef, who do a great job. They are concerned because mortgages come out today or tomorrow and that’s a worry for them.”

Staff woke up yesterday morning to find wages had not been paid into accounts – and were left in the dark throughout the afternoon by owner Ken Anderson and his advisor Paul Aldridge.

Anderson remains in talks with the Football Ventures (Whites) consortium to sell his majority stake in the club but that is now expected to stretch beyond this weekend.

And though the Bolton boss is frustrated at the speed of negotiations, he is confident there will be a positive outcome.

“It doesn’t help,” he said. “As always, we have got to focus on the football, going down to Swansea and getting the points because that can only be beneficial to the club going forward.

“We understand there is a lot going on and that this is a critical week for the club. Everyone has got their fingers crossed that there is a positive solution.

“I don’t know a great deal. Paul Aldridge keeps me informed as much as possible. But it looks positive and that’s the key for the long-term future of the club. It’s more important than the next couple of days, the wages etc. Getting some stability back in Bolton Wanderers Football Club.”

Source

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum