Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

WANDERERS have closed their training ground

+3
Hipster_Nebula
wanderlust
BoltonTillIDie
7 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

WANDERERS have closed their training ground at Lostock this morning, The Bolton News understands.

Gates at the Eddie Davies Academy remained locked with only security guards given access to the site as financial problems continue to pile up for the club.

The majority of Phil Parkinson’s first team were not due to train on Monday – but peripheral squad players, medical and support staff were informed not to report to the training ground because there would be no available food, drink or supplies.

The Under-23s team were not scheduled to train because they have a Professional Development League game at Crystal Palace but younger academy players and staff have also been told to stay clear until Tuesday.

Wanderers did not pay any staff their February wage, which was due last Thursday, and owner Ken Anderson has hinted that it could remain the case until he sells the club.

It has emerged that requests for small cash advances are being considered to pay immediate bills if employees apply through their head of department.

The Bolton Wanderers Supporters’ Trust also announced on Sunday night that they are looking into emergency measures to provide some financial help.

Attempts to sell the club appear to have stalled this weekend, with the Football Ventures (Whites) consortium, headed by Parminder Basran and Sharron Brittan, stepping away from negotiations after a week of due diligence.

Anderson claims he is speaking to two other investors, and will provide a further update early this week.

Wanderers have been contacted for comment.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Have they blamed brexit yet?

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

BOLTON. Little side note. The players pay for their own food. Around £200 a month. In advance. So ...

Tweet from Nixon

Growler

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Anderson needs to stop hiding and issue a statement saying when he is going to pay the wages

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The current situation feels worse than at any time i can remember. Kenocchio needs to stop playing off bids against each other and sell. He says he cares about the club but he has a funny way of showing it!

We are in serious danger of going into administration or even liquidation if this continues and where is Kenocchio right now and what is he actually doing?

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:The current situation feels worse than at any time i can remember. Kenocchio needs to stop playing off bids against each other and sell. He says he cares about the club but he has a funny way of showing it!

We are in serious danger of going into administration or even liquidation if this continues and where is Kenocchio right now and what is he actually doing?
Hopefully grovelling to the American and Middle Eastern consortia he turned away.

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

wanderlust wrote:
Norpig wrote:The current situation feels worse than at any time i can remember. Kenocchio needs to stop playing off bids against each other and sell. He says he cares about the club but he has a funny way of showing it!

Hopefully grovelling to the American and Middle Eastern consortia he turned away.
And if he does, they will of course drop their bid price even lower, and KA will come out of it far worse than when he began. 
It seems to me that he's hit rock bottom financially, with no way out, and a possible next step being to fall back on his very own, previously untouched, personal cash. He won't like that, (must admit, neither would I), so expect some movement pretty soon I reckon, almost to the point of giving the club away. (Whip-round anyone ?)

Growler

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

gloswhite wrote:

And if he does, they will of course drop their bid price even lower, and KA will come out of it far worse than when he began. 
It seems to me that he's hit rock bottom financially, with no way out, and a possible next step being to fall back on his very own, previously untouched, personal cash. He won't like that, (must admit, neither would I), so expect some movement pretty soon I reckon, almost to the point of giving the club away. (Whip-round anyone ?)
I wouldn't put anything in a bucket for BWFC while Ken is taking 525K a year out.
Would happily donate to a collection for minimum wage  staff that he hasn't paid

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Growler wrote:
gloswhite wrote:

I wouldn't put anything in a bucket for BWFC while Ken is taking 525K a year out.
Would happily donate to a collection for minimum wage  staff that he hasn't paid
525 was year 1. We don't yet know what he took in Y2 and 3.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum