Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

KING KENYON ?????

+3
Hipster_Nebula
Cajunboy
Sluffy
7 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1KING KENYON ????? Empty White Knight Peter Kenyon? Tue Mar 05 2019, 18:32

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Peter Kenyon is making a last-minute bid to buy Bolton Wanderers after his Newcastle United approach collapsed, according to The Sun.

Kenyon, the former Manchester United and Chelsea chief executive, was said to be working with an American group to acquire Newcastle from owner Mike Ashley.

But the newspaper claims he has now turned his attention to another club with ownership problems in Bolton.

The report comes after another group, fronted by Parminder Basran, ran into difficulty after agreeing a £27 million deal for the struggling Championship club.
Whether or not Kenyon will fare better than Basran, however, remains to be seen.

Bolton have been given a deadline to ensure Saturday's game against Millwall can go ahead, according to The Sun.

The Trotters' training ground was closed this week as club staff continued to go without pay. 

Kenyon, who grew up in Tameside, Greater Manchester, is said to have worked closely with both Wolverhampton Wanderers and Newcastle's local rivals, Middlesbrough, since leaving Chelsea.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

2KING KENYON ????? Empty KING KENYON ????? Tue Mar 05 2019, 18:33

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

3KING KENYON ????? Empty Re: KING KENYON ????? Tue Mar 05 2019, 18:36

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Nothing will come of it.

4KING KENYON ????? Empty Re: KING KENYON ????? Tue Mar 05 2019, 18:37

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

SLUFFY, I've already started this thread.

5KING KENYON ????? Empty Re: KING KENYON ????? Tue Mar 05 2019, 18:39

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

POWER broker Peter Kenyon is making a last minute bid to buy crisis club Bolton Wanderers.

The former Manchester United and Chelsea supremo, 65, has stepped in with a late move for Wanderers - just days after seeing a bid for Newcastle United collapse.

Basran has provisionally agreed a £27 million purchase but they found extras and other financial snags that made them draw back.

Kenyon will still have to offer a price that Anderson accepts and also hope that the major creditor, the family of late owner Eddie Davies, also accept.

The Davies family want the £5 million loan to the club repaid and are also looking for a settlement on other cash now and in the future that they think they are owed.

6KING KENYON ????? Empty Re: KING KENYON ????? Tue Mar 05 2019, 18:43

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Cajunboy wrote:SLUFFY, I've already started this thread.

Seems I was a minute quicker than you Cajun but I've merged my thread into yours anyway.

Very Happy

7KING KENYON ????? Empty Re: KING KENYON ????? Tue Mar 05 2019, 18:45

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Sluffy wrote:
Cajunboy wrote:SLUFFY, I've already started this thread.

Seems I was a minute quicker than you Cajun but I've merged my thread into yours anyway.

Very Happy
Cheers!

Let's hope it becomes a very important thread for the future of our club.

But don't hold your breath.

8KING KENYON ????? Empty Re: KING KENYON ????? Tue Mar 05 2019, 19:50

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Wonder if the "American group" is Ron and his buddies? That would be a coup and if they have theoretically enough dosh to but Newcastle from Ashley it sounds promising.

9KING KENYON ????? Empty Re: KING KENYON ????? Tue Mar 05 2019, 19:53

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

wanderlust wrote:Wonder if the "American group" is Ron and his buddies? That would be a coup and if they have theoretically enough dosh to but Newcastle from Ashley it sounds promising.
It's not necessarily the same group that wanted Newcastle, Nixon reckons Kenyon is a broker and works for a number of money men.

10KING KENYON ????? Empty Re: KING KENYON ????? Tue Mar 05 2019, 20:04

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

What a load of old rubbish

11KING KENYON ????? Empty Re: KING KENYON ????? Tue Mar 05 2019, 21:05

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Any interest from anybody at this stage can only be good, desperate times. Fingers crossed

12KING KENYON ????? Empty Re: KING KENYON ????? Tue Mar 05 2019, 23:13

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

MartinBWFC wrote:
wanderlust wrote:Wonder if the "American group" is Ron and his buddies? That would be a coup and if they have theoretically enough dosh to but Newcastle from Ashley it sounds promising.
It's not necessarily the same group that wanted Newcastle, Nixon reckons Kenyon is a broker and works for a number of money men.
Perhaps. I read the "was working with a American group to buy Newcastle' and the "now turning his attention to Bolton" as being linked.

13KING KENYON ????? Empty Re: KING KENYON ????? Wed Mar 06 2019, 07:43

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

This transcript was leaked by Nixon this morning. Doesn't make for good reading really. 

American group : Peter how are ya!
Kenyon: good good listen I've got another club lined up.
American group: oh great Peter who?
Kenyon: Bolton 
Kenyon: hello? Hello?

14KING KENYON ????? Empty Re: KING KENYON ????? Wed Mar 06 2019, 13:46

bryan458

bryan458
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Hipster_Nebula wrote:This transcript was leaked by Nixon this morning. Doesn't make for good reading really. 

American group : Peter how are ya!
Kenyon: good good listen I've got another club lined up.
American group: oh great Peter who?
Kenyon: Bolton 
Kenyon: hello? Hello?
haha, your a mean little man Hipster Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum