Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Do you want us to lose our next game?

+24
Jim Royle
Boggersbelief
Bolton Nuts
Copper Dragon
Reebok_Rebel
rammywhite
Reebok Trotter
Dunkels King
Banks of the Croal
Angry Dad
Sluffy
Lyric Todkill
xmiles
wanderlust
bwfc71
Horwich white
Natasha Whittam
BoltonTillIDie
doffcocker
aaron_bwfc
Born to be a wanderer
JonnyRandom
largehat
jayjay23
28 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 4]

1Do you want us to lose our next game? Empty Do you want us to lose our next game? Sun Sep 02 2012, 15:08

jayjay23

jayjay23
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

What do we need more? 3 points or a new manager.

The problem with winning our next game would be that it would likely extend the Coyle's reign at the club for another month or two. Where a loss would likely push him as close to the sack as he has ever been.

Will you be glad if we lose our next game? I know it goes against everyone's natural feelings as fans but is it worth hoping for a loss for the greater good?

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Of course I don't want us to lose our next game. I can only think I would ever even consider wanting us to lose a game if it meant Man United got relegated or something and had no impact on us whatsoever.

JonnyRandom

JonnyRandom
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

I'll never want bolton to lose. Not right if you do. Whether you like the manager or want him sacked or not i personally dont think you should ever want your team to lose.

Born to be a wanderer

Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

If it was a 100% guarantee signed by eddie davis yes.However it looks like he is here to stay so No.

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

We had all this under megson, I didn't want us to lose then and I sure as hell don't want us to lose now.

So no I don't.

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I don't get the moral high ground takers when it comes to this kind of thing.
What's the point in winning if it just keeps a shit thing going?

I understand people finding it hard/impossible to want us to lose, but to make out that it's like a sin is ridiculous.

In this instance, I'm genuinely not sure where we go from here - no potential replacements fill me with confidence, so I'm not desperate for Coyle to go, even though I think he's doing a crap job.

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

It's not a moral high ground to not want your favourite team to lose, it's just natural.

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I don't want us to lose,,,at the end of the day its still would be more points lost...

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I want us to lose 25-0.

You're in idiot if you say Coyle is useless and then want us to win. No good will come of it.

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Maybe it's different for people who actually go to the games as opposed to those who pretend to.

Horwich white

Horwich white
David Ngog
David Ngog

We will more than likely lose any way.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

largehat wrote:Maybe it's different for people who actually go to the games as opposed to those who pretend to.

I've been to more games than you've had Canal Street rent boys. I'd rather lose a game and have a new manager than lose 10 more games before Christmas under Coyle.

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Natasha Whittam wrote:
I've been to more games than you've had Canal Street rent boys. I'd rather lose a game and have a new manager than lose 10 more games before Christmas under Coyle.

I've no idea how many games you been to over the course of your life, I do know that you make bogus claims to have been at certain games on here when you clearly haven't. I suspect you haven't gone regularly (by which I mean at least half of the home games) for years.

So maybe it's OK to sit there at home and hear about us getting destroyed by Watford, try imagining giving up half your Saturday and witnessing it in person. Can you see how that might be a tougher pill to swallow?

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

largehat wrote:

I've no idea how many games you been to over the course of your life, I do know that you make bogus claims to have been at certain games on here when you clearly haven't. I suspect you haven't gone regularly (by which I mean at least half of the home games) for years.

So maybe it's OK to sit there at home and hear about us getting destroyed by Watford, try imagining giving up half your Saturday and witnessing it in person. Can you see how that might be a tougher pill to swallow?

Bullshit. I have made no secret of my lack of interest in going to games over the last couple of seasons. I only go when someone offers me a freebie in a box.

But I've been to 95% of league games home and away since 1990 so I'm up there in the "Greatest Fan Of Alltime" list.

And, for the record, it's much harder to sit at home and miss the game as I used to LOVE going to football - win, lose or draw. I yearn for the 90's.

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Natasha Whittam wrote:
And, for the record, it's much harder to sit at home and miss the game as I used to LOVE going to football - win, lose or draw. I yearn for the 90's.

Well go then!

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

largehat wrote:

Well go then!

As I've said, I have to stick to my principles - I refuse to give the club anymore of my cash until they start to run it properly, treat the fans better, and fuck off all the overpaid ponces.

I'm happy to go in a box when someone invites me, I bring a tuna sandwich, a twirl and a flask of warm Vimto so I don't contribute to BWFC in any way.

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Natasha Whittam wrote:
I'm happy to go in a box when someone invites me, I bring a tuna sandwich, a twirl and a flask of warm Vimto so I don't contribute to BWFC in any way.

Wow, being principled also has exactly the same benefits of being a miser. Who knew.

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Before I give a concrete answer to thsi there is one thing I am not too sure of, does The Championship do the same as The Premiership as in give placing money at the end of the season so the higher you are the more money you get?

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

If we lose our next game the pressure for OC to go will ramp up another notch. If we win our next game it is likely to be because he's started to sort out the joke that is our defence. So what I don't want is a jammy win. What I do want is an improved defensive performance win or lose, regardless of who is manager.

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

I think this is a fair question. However even losing to Watford will change nothing. I am sure we are stuck with Coyle until at least December. That's bad enough, but the real worry is that we will be in a relegation struggle by then with a completely demoralised squad.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum