Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Wanderers' players still waiting for news on overdue wages

+3
Norpig
boltonbonce
karlypants
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Wanderers players were still waiting on word about their overdue pay as The Bolton News went to press last night.

It is understood no money had reached accounts by close of business but that owner-in-waiting Laurence Bassini was looking to personally contact senior members of the squad to inform them of his short-term plans.

Bassini is yet to see his takeover ratified by the EFL but has pledged to sort out the financial “mess” he is set to inherit.

Players were not paid last month and are also concerned about April salaries for all staff, which are due on Tuesday.

The Bolton Wanderers Supporters' Trust also updated its members about a meeting with Bassini at the Blackburn Rovers game at Ewood Park on Easter Monday.

"Our meeting with Mr Bassini was constructive in terms of opening dialogue and starting to build a relationship," as statement read.

"The discussions echoed much of what he has already said in interviews he has given to the media recently.

"The worry though still seems to be that he is not fully aware of the level of debt involved but made assurances that he will find whatever funds are necessary.

"He said he would like to have a further meeting with the trust board soon."

Source

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Would we notice if the first team didn't turn up? Play the u23's they can't be as bad surely?

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:Would we notice if the first team didn't turn up? Play the u23's they can't be as bad surely?
Might go on strike myself. I've got some painting to do.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm sure Nat will be at Victory Park, hoping for the best.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I was planning on going tomorrow after missing the Good Friday game, but it they can't be bothered then why should i?

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I really hope they don't play, because I can't stand to watch our fans clapping these players on their lap of shame.

If you're thinking of clapping, don't.

There's been a lot of shite going on at this club, but it doesn't change the fact that the players have seriously under-performed.

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Natasha Whittam wrote:I really hope they don't play, because I can't stand to watch our fans clapping these players on their lap of shame.

There's been a lot of shite going on at this club, but it doesn't change the fact that the players have seriously under-performed.

I don't think there'll be any body left in the stadium for their lap of dishonour. When they manage to let a few goals in and reply with the usual zero  by the end of the game most people will have left the stadium.
That's if they bother to turn up at all

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:I really hope they don't play, because I can't stand to watch our fans clapping these players on their lap of shame.

You need to be standing outside handing out your tomatoes to fans before the game.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

karlypants wrote:You need to be standing outside handing out your tomatoes to fans before the game.

Fucking pervert.

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
karlypants wrote:You need to be standing outside handing out your tomatoes to fans before the game.

Fucking pervert.
I just knew you were going to say that.  Laughing

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

No confirmation yet but I have just heard that the players have been paid

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

finlaymcdanger wrote:No confirmation yet but I have just heard that the players have been paid
That’s spoilt it now as I don’t think anyone really wanted them to bother playing. Very Happy

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Not sure if they can just play the kids, the EFL brought in a rule to stop clubs making sweeping changes. You have to have 10 players out of the 18 in the squad named in the previous match. If we do not fulfill our last two fixtures we could be thrown out. Happy Days.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum