Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

When IS Coyle's contract up?

3 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1When IS Coyle's contract up? Empty When IS Coyle's contract up? Sat Jan 21 2012, 10:32

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

This is the thing I don't get?

The contract Coyle signed for us expires at the end of this season but it was 'leaked' by Eddie Davies via Stuart Hall over the radio that it would cost £7 million to sack him now (which I assume includes the other backroom staff as well).

Clearly that can't be right?

There is no talk about extending his contract and he is signing players (or trying to) currently - so that would leave a new manager in the summer with players he may simply not rate who have just signed 2/3/4 year contracts - it doesn't make any sense to me?

The only thing I can think is that Coyle has been given a 'long' term contract some while back - and the public have not been told about it.

What do you reckon?

2When IS Coyle's contract up? Empty Re: When IS Coyle's contract up? Sat Jan 21 2012, 11:55

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'd be surprised if his contract was up in the Summer as that would only make it a 3 year contract. Most new managers who are poached from other clubs get 4 year deals.

3When IS Coyle's contract up? Empty Re: When IS Coyle's contract up? Sat Jan 21 2012, 12:11

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I could have sworn that his contract was initially for two and a half years ? If so, that would mean his contract runs out at the end of this season ?

4When IS Coyle's contract up? Empty Re: When IS Coyle's contract up? Sat Jan 21 2012, 15:14

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Exactly - so it would cost £7 million to get shut of him then.

Nor would you want him committing the club to multimillion pound contracts for players in this transfer window if he isn't going to be here any longer in 6 months.

I can only guess he's been given a long term contract that no one as informed the pubic of.

It's the only explanation that makes any sense to me - other wise he would have been shown the door before now.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum