Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Next Manager you'd like to see in

+14
Cajunboy
Buellix
DEANO82
Hipster_Nebula
Natasha Whittam
karlypants
terenceanne
boltonbonce
Boggersbelief
Sluffy
rammywhite
Norpig
gloswhite
Deco91
18 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1Next Manager you'd like to see in Empty Next Manager you'd like to see in Mon May 13 2019, 09:55

Deco91

David Ngog
David Ngog

Hi this is my first post would prefer it not to turn into a debate on wanting parky to stay or go... I don't think that's fair. Just who would you like to see come in next year if he was to go?

If he was to go I would love to see Ian Holloway come in.
Reasons:
He's managed under similar circumstances at other clubs, and got results
Always ensured his team tried. (Even when players weren't paid)
Has experience at league one.
Advocates attractive football to be played (although I actually enjoy the hoofball stuff)
The club needs a morale boost and he is the type of manager you'd need, both for players and the fans. His sense of fun in the game would do Bolton wonders.
Has experience on building a team (a promotion winning team) on little or no budget, if nobody comes in for club etc.

2Next Manager you'd like to see in Empty Re: Next Manager you'd like to see in Mon May 13 2019, 10:07

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Firstly, welcome to the madhouse. Secondly, Ian Holloway is one person I would never have thought of, although its a good suggestion. He's the right sort of manager, although we'll need to see what we can afford. In an ideal world, I'd go for Big Sam, however, that won't happen, not just because of the lack of cash, but also because of his expectations and ego. I'm certain he would view a return as too big a step down.

3Next Manager you'd like to see in Empty Re: Next Manager you'd like to see in Mon May 13 2019, 10:24

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hello and welcome Deco91, nice to see a new poster on here  Very Happy

Parky has to go, if he stays a lot of fans won't renew season tickets. Holloway is not one i'd thought about either. When was his last management job? Was it QPR last season?.

The problem is we don't know what financial position the club will be in for next season so it's hard ti know what budget we will have and what the new owners are looking for. 

I have to admit i'm not that well up on the league 1 and 2 managers but we need a young and forward thinking coach from that level to completely rebuild us from top to bottom. People have mentioned the Cowley brothers from Lincoln and they would be great but seeing as they are now in league 1 i can't see them moving to us unless they get a big wage increase.

4Next Manager you'd like to see in Empty Re: Next Manager you'd like to see in Mon May 13 2019, 10:25

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Chris Hughton.
Just sacked by the idiots at Brighton. But he'd be too good for us- we'd never get him.

Last edited by rammywhite on Mon May 13 2019, 10:25; edited 1 time in total

5Next Manager you'd like to see in Empty Re: Next Manager you'd like to see in Mon May 13 2019, 10:25

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Hello and welcome Deco.

Looks likely that we will be under some sort of a points penalty, a need to get in around 20 players (only seven still contracted for next year - and we may lose some/all of them if/when we go into Admin simply to reduce running costs to a minimum.  So I think we need an older experienced manager to be like a father figure to the young players who we will probably base the team around (they will be on cheap wages if nothing else) and a few old hands thrown in for their experience and guidance on the field.

Ironically Parkinson probably is the sort of manager we would need (yes I know all about the negative shit football - but probably our footballing priority is to stay up if we can next season despite whatever points penalty we get).

So if Parkinson is off our list then somebody who has been there and done it type manager such as Warnock or McCarthy would be who I would be looking for.

Not exciting I know but we simply need someone to 'mother' the team next season and nurture whatever players we manage to get.

Hardly going to draw the fans in though!

6Next Manager you'd like to see in Empty Re: Next Manager you'd like to see in Mon May 13 2019, 10:36

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

First post. Hopefully last post after suggesting Ian Holloway

7Next Manager you'd like to see in Empty Re: Next Manager you'd like to see in Mon May 13 2019, 10:39

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Morning, and welcome, Deco. I like Holloway, and in light of where we are, I'd not be averse to him coming in.
However, it will all depend, for me at least, on how we stand after the dust of admin has settled.
Holloway might think he can do better. As would a few more on the wish list.
We're in no position to pick and choose. We might even struggle to get Phil Brown back from India.
But I know one thing. Parkinson has to go.

8Next Manager you'd like to see in Empty Re: Next Manager you'd like to see in Mon May 13 2019, 10:53

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

De Niro was in Bolton. Could do worse.

9Next Manager you'd like to see in Empty Re: Next Manager you'd like to see in Mon May 13 2019, 11:02

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I think Darren Moore (ex-West Brom) is also looking for a job. We could do worse.

10Next Manager you'd like to see in Empty Re: Next Manager you'd like to see in Mon May 13 2019, 11:41

Deco91

David Ngog
David Ngog

Boggersbelief wrote:First post. Hopefully last post after suggesting Ian Holloway
First Post, and you provided my first crap reply well done mate :clap:
I'm sure it won't be your last.

Why not enlighten me as to who we get in then

11Next Manager you'd like to see in Empty Re: Next Manager you'd like to see in Mon May 13 2019, 11:43

Deco91

David Ngog
David Ngog

gloswhite wrote:Firstly, welcome to the madhouse. Secondly, Ian Holloway is one person I would never have thought of, although its a good suggestion. He's the right sort of manager, although we'll need to see what we can afford. In an ideal world, I'd go for Big Sam, however, that won't happen, not just because of the lack of cash, but also because of his expectations and ego. I'm certain he would view a return as too big a step down.
Cheers,
Yeah obviously would love big Sam back, but couldn't see him coming back as a manager. Took him 10years to get us to where we were, not sure he has that in him again... Hopefully he come back in some capacity, maybe as director.

12Next Manager you'd like to see in Empty Re: Next Manager you'd like to see in Mon May 13 2019, 11:56

Deco91

David Ngog
David Ngog

boltonbonce wrote:Morning, and welcome, Deco. I like Holloway, and in light of where we are, I'd not be averse to him coming in.
However, it will all depend, for me at least, on how we stand after the dust of admin has settled.
We're in no position to pick and choose. We might even struggle to get Phil Brown back from India.
Thank you.
Yeah one main reasons I think Holloway would be good (if we could get him etc) is that he managed a club in admin already. Steadied the ship, kept morale up then when admin over had a good stable club to work with. Then he moved on to better things.
I actually forgot about Browny

13Next Manager you'd like to see in Empty Re: Next Manager you'd like to see in Mon May 13 2019, 12:18

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

One thing about Holloway, the press conferences would never be dull.

14Next Manager you'd like to see in Empty Re: Next Manager you'd like to see in Mon May 13 2019, 12:28

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Deco91 wrote:
boltonbonce wrote:Morning, and welcome, Deco. I like Holloway, and in light of where we are, I'd not be averse to him coming in.
Thank you.
Yeah one main reasons I think Holloway would be good (if we could get him etc) is that he managed a club in admin already. Steadied the ship, kept morale up then when admin over had a good stable club to work with. Then he moved on to better things.
I actually forgot about Browny
Phil is having his own problems.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

15Next Manager you'd like to see in Empty Re: Next Manager you'd like to see in Mon May 13 2019, 13:55

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I don't care who it is as long as they want to put the best team out with an aggressive attitude and a mentality of attacking football wins games not park the bus and hoofball.

16Next Manager you'd like to see in Empty Re: Next Manager you'd like to see in Mon May 13 2019, 13:56

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

rammywhite wrote:Chris Hughton.
Just sacked by the idiots at Brighton. But he'd be too good for us- we'd never get him.
They must be Nuts Rammy especially when he has kept them up!

17Next Manager you'd like to see in Empty Re: Next Manager you'd like to see in Mon May 13 2019, 14:12

Deco91

David Ngog
David Ngog

If anybody has time, this interview is great, to me it sounds like he has everything we need. At least to stabilize the club and get a feel good atmosphere back. Lot of negativity about, not a surprise, but very little optimism for future
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I will add I don't like the interviewer very much, but Ian's answers are good

Last edited by Deco91 on Mon May 13 2019, 14:13; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added to it)

18Next Manager you'd like to see in Empty Re: Next Manager you'd like to see in Mon May 13 2019, 16:00

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

7 posts and 6 of them about Ian Holloway.

:facepalm:

19Next Manager you'd like to see in Empty Re: Next Manager you'd like to see in Mon May 13 2019, 16:05

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:7 posts and 6 of them about Ian Holloway.

:facepalm:
I'm sure people are fighting to manage us.

20Next Manager you'd like to see in Empty Re: Next Manager you'd like to see in Mon May 13 2019, 16:11

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I hope the club pay mind to BAME candidates during the interview process..

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum