Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Charlton in for Erhun Oztumer

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Charlton in for Erhun Oztumer  Empty Charlton in for Erhun Oztumer Sat Jun 01 2019, 23:21

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Charlton will reignite their interest in Bolton playmaker Erhun Oztumer after winning promotion to the Sky Bet Championship, Sky Sports News understands.

Addicks manager Lee Bowyer tried to sign the 28-year-old on loan in January, but a move fell through after Bolton failed to secure a deal for striker Ched Evans.

But Bowyer is now expected to return for Oztumer this summer and attempt to secure him on a permanent deal.

Oztumer began his career at Charlton, but was released at the age of 16 and spent three years playing in Turkey, featuring for Sivasspor and Anadolu Bagcilar.

He returned to England in 2012, joining non-League Dulwich Hamlet, where he went on to score 60 goals in 96 appearances before being picked up by Peterborough and then Walsall

After scoring 32 goals in 95 appearances for the Saddlers, Oztumer joined Bolton last summer but has since seen his first-team chances restricted.

Charlton secured their placed back in England's second tier with a 2-1 play-off final win over Sunderland in May.

Bolton, meanwhile, are preparing for life back in League One following relegation and will begin the campaign on minus 12 points after entering administration.

https://www.skysports.com/app/transfer/news/12691/11732908/charlton-chasing-bolton-playmaker-erhun-oztumer

2Charlton in for Erhun Oztumer  Empty Re: Charlton in for Erhun Oztumer Mon Jun 03 2019, 08:42

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Will we have anyone left? I was hoping Oztumer would be given a much bigger role next season but he'll be gone soon i bet. Hoe many players left after he goes? 5 or 6?

3Charlton in for Erhun Oztumer  Empty Re: Charlton in for Erhun Oztumer Mon Jun 03 2019, 09:46

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Unless our players, and management, want to remain local, I'd imagine any of them who get a half-decent offer will be off. Even the newly promoted clubs have a 12 point head start on us.

I didn't see enough of Oztumer to judge but he was obviously good at League 1 level before he joined. Surely he's had a chat with Parky to discuss how much he'll be utilised if he stays.

I wouldn't be surprised if Parky bails too. He's probably a decent catch for the bottom two thirds of League 1 teams. IMO that would be a disaster during this rebuilding process. It would be very challenging for someone new coming in which would take forever based on recent history.

4Charlton in for Erhun Oztumer  Empty Re: Charlton in for Erhun Oztumer Mon Jun 03 2019, 11:15

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

finlaymcdanger wrote:I wouldn't be surprised if Parky bails too. He's probably a decent catch for the bottom two thirds of League 1 teams. IMO that would be a disaster during this rebuilding process. It would be very challenging for someone new coming in which would take forever based on recent history.

It would be an absolute disaster if Parky was still manager come the new season.

We need a new man to come in and energise the club from top to bottom. We need to be a team who plays on the front foot again, and a team that fights for every ball.

If Parky is manager when the new season kicks off we'll be lucky to get 7,000 through the door.

5Charlton in for Erhun Oztumer  Empty Re: Charlton in for Erhun Oztumer Mon Jun 03 2019, 12:06

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Norpig wrote:Will we have anyone left? I was hoping Oztumer would be given a much bigger role next season but he'll be gone soon i bet. Hoe many players left after he goes? 5 or 6?

I agree Mr Pig. Otzumer should have been on the pitch more. Even though he's a Hobbit ( and full international for Middleearth) he could still string a couple of passes together. That's more than the rest of them.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum