Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Josh Vela: Midfielder joins Hibernian after Bolton exit

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Midfielder Josh Vela will bring "energy and a competitive edge" after signing for Hibernian, says manager Paul Heckingbottom.
The 25-year-old joins the Easter Road club on a three-year contract after leaving Bolton Wanderers.
He spent 17 years with the English Championship club, playing 182 games.

"Josh is an all-round midfielder with the athleticism to support attacks and play on the front foot, helping us win the ball back," said Heckingbottom.
"He was worth the wait and I'm glad we were patient in order to land him."
Vela, who made his Bolton debut in the Premier League as a teenager, played in 17 Championship matches last season as the financially-stricken club were relegated.
"Hibernian were persistent when I had offers from other teams and that played a big part in me coming here," he said.

"Every player wants to feel wanted and I was really impressed with everything that I heard, then what I saw when I came for a look myself.
"The manager went into real detail about he wants from me - as a person and tactically - and I feel like I can help him achieve what he wants to do with the club."
Vela, who also has experience at right-back, is Hibs' seventh signing of the summer.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49023723

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He may not be able to step up to the standard required for Scottish football.

My opinion

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Hipster_Nebula wrote:He may not be able to step up to the standard required for Scottish football.

My opinion
Another career bites the dust.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum