Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bury in a bit of bother

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Bury in a bit of bother Empty Bury in a bit of bother Thu Jul 25 2019, 14:14

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Bury's been given a 14 day notice by the EFL to get their ducks in a row, statement here -

https://www.efl.com/news/2019/july/efl-statement-bury-fc2/

Iles believes the same will apply to us as well -

I'm not so sure it will -

What the EFL statement says that... 

following an insolvency event, to be served with a notice of withdrawal of membership which, once issued, will give the Club 14 days to meet all outstanding requirements of the League’s insolvency policy or its membership in the EFL may be terminated.

Well we would have got the same when we were put into Administration.

It goes on to say... 

The [EFL] Board has suspended the activation of this notice initially until close of business today (25 July) in order to give the Club additional time to provide the outstanding information it has requested on a number of occasions, which includes the means of payment of outstanding football creditor debts and source and sufficiency of funding.

So basically although the notice is given it is immediately suspended to allow the club to come up with a plan to pay the creditors, and is acceptable to the EFL.

Well FV have done that, it appears that although asked for the information from Bury several times, that they have not.

They go on to say that even if they don't get the required information from Bury that they may well give them a further extension in order to do so.

There is a second issue the EFL talk about which is whether the ground has a safety certificate and/or have staff to man the ground for the matches - even then the EFL talks about to SUSPEND club fixtures until they are able to do so.

In fact it looks as though the EFL are bending over backwards to help Bury but have had to start the 14 day period to prompt them into getting the required information the EFL wants to see from them as soon as possible.

As I've said FV have done that.

If however they walk away, there is no time for anyone else to step into their shoes.

2Bury in a bit of bother Empty Re: Bury in a bit of bother Thu Jul 25 2019, 17:25

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I hope they survive- but I think their situation is far worse than ours. I think Gigg Lane will have a couple of hundred semis on it this time next year

3Bury in a bit of bother Empty Re: Bury in a bit of bother Fri Jul 26 2019, 01:09

sunlight

sunlight
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

To be honest I just hope Pogba brings utd right down this season and that their ground is concreted over and used as an outside Lavatory. ( OK I am just being humorous ).

4Bury in a bit of bother Empty Re: Bury in a bit of bother Fri Jul 26 2019, 03:13

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I've held the belief for many years that there are simply too many clubs in this area for them all to survive and thrive. When you consider the number of League clubs within a 20 mile radius of Manchester it is a miracle that they've all lasted this long. The likes of ourselves, Bury, Oldham, Rochdale and Salford City simply cannot expect to garner the kind of attendances and other support (eg sponsorship, tv revenue etc) that's needed to prosper in the current football market place. Add in the likes of PNE, Tranmere, Blackpool and so on. It's not hard to see that at least some of us are going under (although perhaps mergers may allow some form of survival albeit a mutated one).

Frankly I fear that Chester were simply the harbinger of very hard times for North West Football outside Liverpool and Manchester.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum