Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton v Doncaster - Match OFF

+9
Bollotom2014
RangersDave
Chairmanda
terenceanne
Cajunboy
Hipster_Nebula
Natasha Whittam
wessy
Sluffy
13 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Bolton v Doncaster - Match OFF Empty Bolton v Doncaster - Match OFF Mon Aug 19 2019, 15:48

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

2Bolton v Doncaster - Match OFF Empty Re: Bolton v Doncaster - Match OFF Mon Aug 19 2019, 15:51

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Statement on behalf of Paul Appleton, joint administrator for Bolton Wanderers

It is with real regret and a deepening sense of frustration that we have been forced to postpone tomorrow's fixture against Doncaster Rovers.
Whilst the threat of further EFL sanctions is obvious, nothing can be allowed to impact on the welfare of such a young group of players. With so many senior players injured or unavailable, the squad has performed heroically and deserves so much credit.
But after consultation with the club's medical staff, it is obvious that to call on them for another match without an adequate break would be detrimental to both their welfare and development which cannot be allowed.

We were able to bring in reinforcements before the match against Coventry because the deal was so close to completion. Now, following recent events,  the legal position of various parties has altered which means a delay in completion. In this situation,  it is very difficult to attract available players to the club.
I will be discussing the implications with the EFL but in the meantime, I would call on all parties involved with the acquisition of the club and hotel to end this intolerable delay and secure once and for all the future of Bolton Wanderers.
Further details on reimbursement for any tickets sold for tomorrow's game will follow.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

3Bolton v Doncaster - Match OFF Empty Re: Bolton v Doncaster - Match OFF Mon Aug 19 2019, 17:16

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Somebody answer this ? If the players (kids) cannot play the next three games to get us to 2nd of September. If a take over goes through after the window closes, and we are saved ,then who will play the games from September to January?  

For me we should have played the next three games to keep a pulse still beating, anything else even the kids welfare (sorry) is secondary to the survival of the club.

4Bolton v Doncaster - Match OFF Empty Re: Bolton v Doncaster - Match OFF Mon Aug 19 2019, 17:20

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wessy wrote:If the players (kids) cannot play the next three games to get us to 2nd of September. If a take over goes through after the window closes, and we are saved ,then who will play the games from September to January? 

We could still sign free agents. Rob Earnshaw for example. 

wessy wrote:For me we should have played the next three games to keep a pulse still beating, anything else even the kids welfare (sorry) is secondary to the survival of the club.

100% agree.

5Bolton v Doncaster - Match OFF Empty Re: Bolton v Doncaster - Match OFF Mon Aug 19 2019, 17:57

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ridiculous decision.

6Bolton v Doncaster - Match OFF Empty Re: Bolton v Doncaster - Match OFF Mon Aug 19 2019, 18:06

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Is it all going "Tits Up" ?

7Bolton v Doncaster - Match OFF Empty Re: Bolton v Doncaster - Match OFF Mon Aug 19 2019, 18:24

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I still think its 50/50 that the whole season is canceled and we don't even have a club to support.

If the hotel is required by FV and they don't get it....then that's that IMO.

8Bolton v Doncaster - Match OFF Empty Re: Bolton v Doncaster - Match OFF Mon Aug 19 2019, 18:35

Chairmanda

Chairmanda
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Apparently we told neither the EFL or Doncaster this decision before making it public...I think it's a poor show not to tell the opposing team, none of this is their fault. It's not ours either but that's another tale.

9Bolton v Doncaster - Match OFF Empty not just the hotel Mon Aug 19 2019, 18:38

RangersDave

RangersDave
Mario Jardel
Mario Jardel

terenceanne wrote:I still think its 50/50 that the whole season is canceled and we don't even have a club to support.

They, i would suggest, see a lot of revenue in 300+ flats on the car park, then tear down the stadium, and add more retail and flats there too, all centred round a hotel.

It's all a bloody joke now. Trouble is, sooner or later the shyte hole that is the EFL will get very twitchy over all these 'shenanigans' and i'm begining to think it may now not end well!

I'd put them al, in a room with electrodes stuck to their bits and get them to sort it out quick and for every 30 mins that goes by the maggots get shocked.

10Bolton v Doncaster - Match OFF Empty Re: Bolton v Doncaster - Match OFF Mon Aug 19 2019, 19:27

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Natasha Whittam wrote:
wessy wrote:If the players (kids) cannot play the next three games to get us to 2nd of September. If a take over goes through after the window closes, and we are saved ,then who will play the games from September to January? 

We could still sign free agents. Rob Earnshaw for example. 

wessy wrote:For me we should have played the next three games to keep a pulse still beating, anything else even the kids welfare (sorry) is secondary to the survival of the club.

100% agree.
Agree free agents yep even Rob might just get us through. Not bothered who plays but the minimum requirement is to field a team and fulfill the fixtures. Now the EFL have another stick to beat us with.

11Bolton v Doncaster - Match OFF Empty Re: Bolton v Doncaster - Match OFF Mon Aug 19 2019, 19:43

Bollotom2014

Bollotom2014
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

RangersDave wrote:
terenceanne wrote:I still think its 50/50 that the whole season is canceled and we don't even have a club to support.

They, i would suggest, see a lot of revenue in 300+ flats on the car park, then tear down the stadium, and add more retail and flats there too, all centred round a hotel.

It's all a bloody joke now. Trouble is, sooner or later the shyte hole that is the EFL will get very twitchy over all these 'shenanigans' and i'm begining to think it may now not end well!

I'd put them al, in a room with electrodes stuck to their bits and get them to sort it out quick and for every 30 mins that goes by the maggots get shocked.
You only have to see the flats at the old Arsenal Highbury stadium. Top end luxury and made an absolute mint for the Arse owners. Wouldn't take much to develop UniBol plus space for mre flats through Middlebrook. BWFC seems to be that which is in the way.

12Bolton v Doncaster - Match OFF Empty Re: Bolton v Doncaster - Match OFF Mon Aug 19 2019, 20:11

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Well there’s not really much sentimental value with this current stadium tbf.

The club fucked that one up when they fucked off Burnden Park!

13Bolton v Doncaster - Match OFF Empty Re: Bolton v Doncaster - Match OFF Tue Aug 20 2019, 07:58

sunlight

sunlight
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

When a football club arent playing matches in this manner, it shows what rantallions everyone is there, going back a few decades through to today.

14Bolton v Doncaster - Match OFF Empty Re: Bolton v Doncaster - Match OFF Tue Aug 20 2019, 19:02

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

My cousin says he's enrolling most of the first team in college tomorrow. Most of them are on apprenticeships, and they're delivering one module of it. They're going in tomorrow even though enrolment doesn't start until Thursday.
Preferential treatment for celebrities? Very Happy

15Bolton v Doncaster - Match OFF Empty Re: Bolton v Doncaster - Match OFF Tue Aug 20 2019, 20:05

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I find it odd that we COULD arbitrarily call the game off. Surely the EFL has the power to say it doesn't matter what we announce, we must fulfil or forfeit the fixture?

Personally I think the decision not to play is actually the right one but I think it's been handled the wrong way. Also the EFL needs to let us register guys who've already signed a deal with us if they want to avoid all this.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum