Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton to seek new signings after long-awaited takeover

+4
finlaymcdanger
boltonbonce
Norpig
Sluffy
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

WANDERERS will go into recruitment mode after the Football Ventures consortium completed their takeover of the club last night.
The long-awaited confirmation finally arrived around 6pm on Wednesday evening, which gives the club ample time to register players for this weekend’s away game at Gillingham.

Jack Hobbs is likely to be the first officially signed up, having already agreed terms at the start of the season. The former Nottingham Forest defender has agreed a one-year deal but was forced to wait for Bolton to emerge from administration before the EFL would give him permission to play.

Another experienced head who is set to re-join is Gary O’Neil, last season’s player of the season and also a potential member of the new coaching staff being arranged by new ownership.

Wingers Will Buckley and Craig Conway have also been training with the club over the last few weeks and would be able to sign at short notice.
Players must be registered by Friday lunchtime to be able to feature at Gillingham.

Whatever the outcome of the next two days' recruitment, there will be a weight off the shoulders of the squad heading for Kent after the club was saved from liquidation.

https://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/17867510.bolton-seek-new-signings-long-awaited-takeover/

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Are we that desperate that we need brickfeet back?

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:Are we that desperate that we need brickfeet back?
I'd forgotten about him. In my present good mood I'll let him start with a clean sheet.

He might turn into a swan. Although with those feet he's likely to sink.

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

boltonbonce wrote:
I'd forgotten about him. In my present good mood I'll let him start with a clean sheet.

This is his level. You'll be calling him Happy Feet before you know it

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

finlaymcdanger wrote:
boltonbonce wrote:

This is his level. You'll be calling him Happy Feet before you know it
Probably. He does run like a penguin.  Very Happy

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Very Happy

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

boltonbonce wrote:

We need his eye for a goal.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Cajunboy wrote:
boltonbonce wrote:

As long as the goal is as big as Nat's arse.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Cajunboy wrote:
boltonbonce wrote:

He couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo  Very Happy

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:
Cajunboy wrote:
boltonbonce wrote:

He couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo  Very Happy
Very Happy

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

New owners, same old bullery on Nuts.

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Personally I don't think we need a huge overhaul and no that's not happy clapping. The kids definitely need some experience in there to help them but the basic talent and drive is already there. I went to the Ipswich game and to be frank at least three of the goals were caused because our lads were too far upfield and got caught on the break. I would say we need a couple of solid CB's and maybe a midfield 'anchor man' just to calm the youngsters down a bit and prevent them from being caught out of position en masse (For one of Ipswich's goals we literally had nobody but the keeper in our own half when they got the ball). The youngsters are enthusiastic and chased all day but their lack of experience really showed up especially in the second half. But I honestly think that at this level and League 2 (let's face it barring another miracle that's where we'll be next season) there doesn't need to be a huge overhaul to make us competitive. Just some calming influence on the field and for a few gentle reminders in training about keeping their heads.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

luckyPeterpiper wrote:Personally I don't think we need a huge overhaul and no that's not happy clapping.

It really is.

We need an influx of players, but hopefully not the chaff that let us down last season.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We do need some senior players but i would hope the youngsters would still be around the first team squad. 
Politic for example deserves a place even if we sign more players and the 2 centre backs have shown great promise. I would play either of them alongside Hobbs so they can develop into regulars.

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Natasha Whittam wrote:
luckyPeterpiper wrote:Personally I don't think we need a huge overhaul and no that's not happy clapping.

It really is.

We need an influx of players, but hopefully not the chaff that let us down last season.
I totally agree with Natasha!

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

With only five senior pro's (2 of them keepers) of course I realise we need several more players. But to actually be competitive on the field I'd honestly say at least five or six of the kids we've got now are good enough for League One now. We need experience to bolster the kids not squeeze them out especially when they've stepped up the way they have this season. They've got the heart and the desire to play for the shirt and I don't want to see them lose that by being tossed aside just because we have new owners,.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum