Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Keith Hill confident business is picking up at Bolton Wanderers

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Despite the disappointment of returning home from Portsmouth empty-handed and being edged out in midweek by Rochdale, Keith Hill says the long-awaited recovery of Bolton Wanderers is ongoing.

Well-documented financial problems could not kill off his home town’s proud old club, but the Boltonian insists he is the man to help engineer a resurgence in fortunes, on and off the pitch.

And the experienced campaigner knows that will only be possible through fastidious book-keeping behind the scenes while turning around the results on the field.

“I am the right man for the job, there’s no question about it,” said Hill at his pre-match press conference. “I spoke during the week about how I am a financial businessman who is a football manager. The finances of this football club while I’m manager will be profitability, profitability, profitability.

“We will not spend outside the budget that I’m given, and we will cycle our own assets and develop our own saleable assets and we’ll do that through proper practice on the training pitch, due diligence financially and developing our own successes.

“Our own successes are in laying a system to develop our own saleable assets, which are players coming through the system, and redeveloping players that we recruit.

“We will be a profitable football club, working on a profitable budget every year.”

Wanderers’ highlight in midweek was the opening goal at Rochdale, Ali Crawford’s eye-catching free kick on the stroke of half time.

That Bolton have been able to bring the Scot in from Doncaster on loan is, in part, testament to Hill’s diligence in recruiting. And, while the Whites’ search for a first win of the season goes on, Crawford and co have at the very least instilled a new belief among the supporters that will, surely at some stage soon, be rewarded.

“We’re fortunate to have Ali Crawford,” added Hill. “We know what we’re doing on recruitment and development and that is a long-term project and when you get that long-term project kicking on you get progress, you get success and you get value on players, they become saleable assets.

“Ali Crawford has come to this football club first and foremost because he wants to be successful and we want to improve him so that the free kicks that we’ve got become a regular feature in Ali Crawford’s playing style because he’s a very good player.

“While it’s a massive football club and it’s got massive history we’ve got to deal with the present and recreate that success that they’ve previously had here but we’ve got to do it in the financial ability of the new ownership, who are absolutely superb.

“They’ve got an unbelievable plan but a sustainable plan for cutting your cloth accordingly financially. And that resonates 100 per cent with my footballing management experience and ability, to be able to achieve success within the finances of the football club.”

Bolton’s next outing takes place on Monday night, when they host Blackpool in front of the Sky cameras.

While he is clearly relishing the prospect, Hill’s squad are not yet up to full speed and it is perhaps not surprising their staying power has been the topic of some recent debate. The season is now into its third month but Wanderers are still developing, still learning to work together and still raising their fitness levels.

“On Saturday the football world is still ongoing so we’ll be training in preparation for the Blackpool game then we’ll probably get out and watch some football,” Hill told the Bolton News.

“From where we were when I first took over to where we are now I’m really pleased, but the progress has to turn into positive scoreboard results.

“It’s a live league we’re operating in and we’re trying to get through a six-to-eight-week period of pre-season.

“That’s the reality and we’ll constantly be working as hard as we can to maintain, develop and improve a system and a plan which will see the future of this football club in great shape.”

Source

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum