Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton 3-2 Southend

+4
boltonbonce
karlypants
Cajunboy
MartinBWFC
8 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Bolton 3-2 Southend Empty Bolton 3-2 Southend Thu Dec 19 2019, 14:59

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Easy game on paper, these have conceded more goals than we have, how that's happened is a mystery, anyway win.

3-2

2Bolton 3-2 Southend Empty Re: Bolton 3-2 Southend Thu Dec 19 2019, 15:55

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I know I'm stating the obvious, but this is a must win game if we are to retain our League One membership!

3Bolton 3-2 Southend Empty Re: Bolton 3-2 Southend Thu Dec 19 2019, 22:02

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bolton 2-1 Southend

4Bolton 3-2 Southend Empty Re: Bolton 3-2 Southend Fri Dec 20 2019, 14:56

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

In bed with a knee twice its normal size, so I'm not going to make it tomorrow. Pissed off about it, because I reckon we'll do them 3-1.

5Bolton 3-2 Southend Empty Re: Bolton 3-2 Southend Fri Dec 20 2019, 15:18

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:In bed with a knee twice its normal size, so I'm not going to make it tomorrow. Pissed off about it, because I reckon we'll do them 3-1.
Sounds painful Boncey! 

Dare I ask how you did it?

6Bolton 3-2 Southend Empty Re: Bolton 3-2 Southend Fri Dec 20 2019, 15:26

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

What was he trying to inflate?

I bet he is hopping mad.

Last edited by Cajunboy on Fri Dec 20 2019, 15:31; edited 1 time in total

7Bolton 3-2 Southend Empty Re: Bolton 3-2 Southend Fri Dec 20 2019, 15:30

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

karlypants wrote:
boltonbonce wrote:In bed with a knee twice its normal size, so I'm not going to make it tomorrow. Pissed off about it, because I reckon we'll do them 3-1.
Sounds painful Boncey! 

He fell over or off something is a fair bet  Laughing

I can't make it either so we are bound to win.

8Bolton 3-2 Southend Empty Re: Bolton 3-2 Southend Fri Dec 20 2019, 15:30

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

karlypants wrote:Sounds painful Boncey! 

[url=https://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=https%3A%2F%2Fthumbs.dreamstime.com%2Fz%2Fman-falling-hole-floor-bar-stool-63469754.jpg&imgrefurl=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.dreamstime.com%2Fstock-photo-man-falling-hole-floor-bar-stool-image63469754&docid=AXhC9AjwPZp35M&tbnid=pi7QtGcuIyYzkM%3A&vet=10ahUKEwiFwpeUxcTmAhU0QUEAHd2jAOQQMwhNKAAwAA..i&w=1300&h=915&bih=625&biw=1366&q=man falling down a hole photos&ved=0ahUKEwiFwpeUxcTmAhU0QUEAHd2jAOQQMwhNKAAwAA&iact=mrc&uact=8][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/url]

9Bolton 3-2 Southend Empty Re: Bolton 3-2 Southend Fri Dec 20 2019, 16:34

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Great responses as expected guys! Laughing

10Bolton 3-2 Southend Empty Re: Bolton 3-2 Southend Fri Dec 20 2019, 18:48

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

No sympathy! Again. I've become a tragic figure of fun.
I've had a dodgy knee for a couple of years now, but it's not been too bad recently. However, it flared up on Wednesday, and, instead of taking it easy, I thought I could walk it off, so headed out for the local shopping centre.
Coming out of ASDA it went completely, and I had to call a cab to take me home.
This however, was the start of another problem. Bending my right knee to get into the cab was agony, so I had to keep it straight. The driver kindly opened the window so I could put it through, and it least remain pain free.
However, he insisted on tying a polishing cloth to my foot to warn other drivers. I felt this was a little over the top, but was in no position to complain.
And so, I proceeded on my merry way, clutching my Warbies loaf, and 5lb of Maris Pipers, back to hearth and home, where, strangely, no one would admit to knowing me.
I don't think a climb up to the West Stand would be advisable. Time to get myself fit.
And, the driver forgot to take the polishing cloth off, so I'm up on the deal.

11Bolton 3-2 Southend Empty Re: Bolton 3-2 Southend Sat Dec 21 2019, 13:12

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Crunch time today, they have picked up a little recently so game on. Bonce hope your soon back on your feet, my advice ditch the Turkey and consider a new joint this year. Merry Christmas to all Nutters.

12Bolton 3-2 Southend Empty Re: Bolton 3-2 Southend Sat Dec 21 2019, 14:24

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

13Bolton 3-2 Southend Empty Re: Bolton 3-2 Southend Sat Dec 21 2019, 14:45

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Radio Nuts is now live via the Portal.

Merry Christmas everyone! santa

14Bolton 3-2 Southend Empty Re: Bolton 3-2 Southend Sat Dec 21 2019, 20:58

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Report: Bolton Wanderers 3-2 Southend United

Bolton Wanderers came back from behind to seal a vital victory against Southend United which sent the University of Bolton Stadium faithful home with some festive cheer.

Harry Lennon put the visitors in front after ten minutes which threatened to sour the Christmas atmosphere, but great strikes from Joe Dodoo and Luke Murphy sent Wanderers into the break a goal to the good.

Daryl Murphy’s sixth goal in seven games extended Wanderers’ lead midway through the second-half before Shrimpers’ captain Tim Dieng reduced arrears to set up a tense finale.

Manager Keith Hill made two changes from the side that lost to Peterborough last weekend with Jake Wright and Thibaud Verlinden coming in for Adam Chicksen and Yoan Zouma.

The visitors enjoyed the brighter moments of the opening exchanges, but the lively Dodoo got the home supporters off their seats with run down the left hand side past Elvis Bwomono, but his cross went behind for a goal kick.

Stephen McLaughlin headed narrowly wide as he connected to a Lennon cross as the visitors looked to capitalise on their strong start.

Their persistence paid off after ten minutes when Lennon got on the end of Sam Manton’s corner to steer a header past Remi Matthews.

One almost became two and Steven Humphrys saw a long range shot deflect for a corner kick after he had lost the attention of Jason Lowe.

Wanderers had their first chance just after the half hour mark when Lowe hit the ball over after good work from Josh Emmanuel and Daryl Murphy created the difficult opportunity.

The hosts’ equaliser came in spectacular style when Dodoo showed some smart control to swivel and blast a left-footed volley into the bottom corner.

Just before half-time, Matthews made an important stop to thwart a low drive from Humphrys after he was played in by McLaughlin.

But Wanderers got their noses in front inside time added on and what a goal it was! A cross was cleared into the box, only as far as Luke Murphy, who controlled the ball on his chest before lashing a volley into the corner past Nathan Bishop.

No changes were made during the interval, which got off to a steady start.

The visitors were looking to get back into the contest and Humphrys should have done better, seeing his acrobatic attempt go narrowly wide of target.

At the other end, Josh Emmanuel surged from the right before seeing a rising shot from outside the box go a yard over the bar.

Moments later, Dodoo controlled a Ronan Darcy cross with a sublime touch inside the box to lose his marker before striking the ball over the bar.

Daryl Murphy extended Wanderers’ lead after capitalising on a defensive mix-up to chip over the advancing Bishop.

The visitors were determined to reduce the arrears and did so through captain Nieng.

Wanderers held firm and saw the game out to claim a fantastic festive three points ahead of the Boxing Day trip to Sunderland.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

15Bolton 3-2 Southend Empty Re: Bolton 3-2 Southend Sat Dec 21 2019, 22:32

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

16Bolton 3-2 Southend Empty Re: Bolton 3-2 Southend Sat Dec 21 2019, 22:33

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

17Bolton 3-2 Southend Empty Re: Bolton 3-2 Southend Sat Dec 21 2019, 22:59

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

The goals - enjoy!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

18Bolton 3-2 Southend Empty Re: Bolton 3-2 Southend Mon Dec 23 2019, 07:21

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Festive greetings from Thailand! Our tuk tuk driver was wearing a. Santa hat and We were given a mince pie on the flight from Siem Riep so I’m right in the mood. An enjoyable watch even though it’s proper bottom of L 1 standard. Their first goal and our third were painful from a defensive perspective but hey ho it’s a win.

19Bolton 3-2 Southend Empty Re: Bolton 3-2 Southend Mon Dec 23 2019, 08:27

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Couldn't get to the game as we were going out on an Xmas night out in Sandbach but listened on the radio. Couldn't believe it when we went 1-0 down but we battled back well.

Bring on Sunderland and Parky, i see he's not doing very well up there, what a surprise eh?  Very Happy

20Bolton 3-2 Southend Empty Re: Bolton 3-2 Southend Mon Dec 23 2019, 11:16

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:Festive greetings from Thailand! Our tuk tuk driver was wearing a. Santa hat and We were given a mince pie on the flight from Siem Riep so I’m right in the mood. An enjoyable watch even though it’s proper bottom of L 1 standard. Their first goal and our third were painful from a defensive perspective but hey ho it’s a win.

My dad is currently touring the north of Thailand going from Doi Inthanon (Chiang Mai) through Loei around the border with Lao to Khon Kaen. Smile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum