Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

University of Bolton Stadium replicated in Minecraft

+7
Natasha Whittam
gloswhite
wanderlust
xmiles
boltonbonce
Hipster_Nebula
karlypants
11 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

MattRushton1995

MattRushton1995
Mario Jardel
Mario Jardel

Hi everyone, I was wondering if I'd be able to get your thoughts on my full-scale replica of the University of Bolton Stadium that I spent three years working on between 2015 and 2018. It has a fully fleshed interior and was the first of many stadium builds that I have done. The video I have attached is only the first part as the tour video ended up being so long it had to be split into three parts. As far as I'm aware it was the first time it had been built in Minecraft.

Cheers

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Wow! It looks incredible!

I don't really know much about Minecraft the game but what you have built in it looks fabulous and I'm sure you have pulled your hair out in the process of building it due to it taking 3 years to build.

The amount of detail you have gone to is crackers.

Welcome to the forum! Smile

MattRushton1995

MattRushton1995
Mario Jardel
Mario Jardel

Thanks very much for the response and thank you very much for the warm welcome as well Smile

It was painstaking I have to admit given the size of it, and I think there were many occasions where I was close to pulling my hair out haha. In fact about 16 months into the build I ended up demolishing and rebuilding the exterior, roof and upper tiers because I wasn't happy with how they looked. In all I think it took 3 years, 1 month and 30 days to complete

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

That looks amazing mate 👍

MattRushton1995

MattRushton1995
Mario Jardel
Mario Jardel

Thank you so much  Very Happy 👍

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Impressive. You must have the patience of a saint. You've done a cracking job.

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Well done!

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Not a Minecraft player but have seen young folk doing it and whilst I approve in principle with the game in the vain hope that it will develop the next generation of engineers, haven't seen anything like this before. Top job lad - but please get a life Smile

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

This is impressive !  My grandson tries to make things with Minecraft, however he's not been doing it for too long, and if I show him this it might scare him off  Very Happy

You'll be looking for the plans for Burnden Park next !

MattRushton1995

MattRushton1995
Mario Jardel
Mario Jardel

Hipster_Nebula wrote:That looks amazing mate 👍
 Thank you very much 👍

MattRushton1995

MattRushton1995
Mario Jardel
Mario Jardel

boltonbonce wrote:Impressive. You must have the patience of a saint. You've done a cracking job.
Thank you Smile It was very much trial and error and I used more than 200 images to build it. I can remember my support worker back along saying to me that if I didn't have Asperger's then there's no way she thought I'd be able to do it. In fact in her words I'd likely have given up after a month

MattRushton1995

MattRushton1995
Mario Jardel
Mario Jardel

xmiles wrote:Well done!
Thank you very much Smile 👍

MattRushton1995

MattRushton1995
Mario Jardel
Mario Jardel

wanderlust wrote:Not a Minecraft player but have seen young folk doing it and whilst I approve in principle with the game in the vain hope that it will develop the next generation of engineers, haven't seen anything like this before. Top job lad - but please get a life Smile
Haha thank you Smile I am actually at University studying architecture currently so I guess you could say I'm part way there 👍

MattRushton1995

MattRushton1995
Mario Jardel
Mario Jardel

gloswhite wrote:This is impressive !  My grandson tries to make things with Minecraft, however he's not been doing it for too long, and if I show him this it might scare him off  Very Happy

You'll be looking for the plans for Burnden Park next !
Thank you Smile Hopefully it doesn't scare him off, who knows it could provide some inspiration.

Funnily enough I have contemplated building Burnden Park at some point, because I don't think it's ever been done before 👍

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Top job.

I prefer Mario Kart on the Wii myself.

MattRushton1995

MattRushton1995
Mario Jardel
Mario Jardel

Natasha Whittam wrote:Top job.

Thank you Smile 👍

Everyone has their own preferences, although I did used to like Mario Kart growing up haha

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

MattRushton1995 wrote:

Thank you Smile 👍

Everyone has their own preferences, although I did used to like Mario Kart growing up haha

Ignore Natasha. She doesn't know her wii from her poo. What a Face

MattRushton1995

MattRushton1995
Mario Jardel
Mario Jardel

karlypants wrote:
MattRushton1995 wrote:

Thank you Smile 👍

Ignore Natasha. She doesn't know her wii from her poo. What a Face
Oh dear 🤦‍�😂

y2johnny

y2johnny
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

This is absolutely amazing. The detail you have gone to is unbelievable. 

Me and my lad play minecraft loads and ive showed him your video.....he wants to do one of the AJ Bell now :rofl:

He has just got a gaming PC and wants his own minecraft server, I'll be honest and I haven't a clue where to start, if you have any advice it would be greatly appreciated.

MattRushton1995

MattRushton1995
Mario Jardel
Mario Jardel

y2johnny wrote:This is absolutely amazing. The detail you have gone to is unbelievable. 

Me and my lad play minecraft loads and ive showed him your video.....he wants to do one of the AJ Bell now :rofl:

He has just got a gaming PC and wants his own minecraft server, I'll be honest and I haven't a clue where to start, if you have any advice it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you so much, I really appreciate that Smile 

One thing I'm hoping to do and have been for a while now is to potentially show the build to the club and see what they make of it/whether or not they'd be able to put it to some use at the ground etc. However, I'm not sure how I could go about that

I'm glad to have sort of provided some inspiration there, the AJ Bell is home to Salford Red Devils if memory serves me correctly. It's a relatively simple design as well from what I can tell. Unfortunately I've never played PC Minecraft (I use Xbox One). By "wants his own server" do you mean he wants to create his own world? When building a stadium, in my eyes it's best to start on the main stand and work round clockwise, or to possibly make it a bit more simple, you could always build your pitch first and then build the stands around it (a method common among Minecraft YouTubers). I imagine there will be some tutorials on YouTube as well, hope this helps 👍

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum