Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton 1 - 1 Bristol Rovers

+2
BoltonTillIDie
karlypants
6 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Bolton 1 - 1 Bristol Rovers Empty Bolton 1 - 1 Bristol Rovers Tue Jan 28, 2020 9:43 am

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Tuesday night will see Bolton host Ben Garner’s Bristol Rovers at the University of Bolton Stadium.

Bolton go into the game off the back of a ten-day break, not playing since the closely fought 1-0 defeat to Portsmouth.

Team News:

Joe Bunney returned to under-23s action against Sheffield Wednesday last week and could be in contention to return to the first team for the game.

Ali Crawford and Jack Hobbs returned to light training on the grass this week but remain doubts to be back in first-team action.

Head to Head:

The Whites have gone up against Rovers a total of 32 times dating back to 1905, the first three meetings coming in the F.A. Cup. Altogether, Bolton slightly edge the head to head, winning 13 games to Rovers’ 10 and nine draws.

The most recent came in October when Bolton won 2-0 away from home, their first victory of the season.

Match Coverage:

As usual, match updates will be provided by the club’s official twitter account (@OfficialBWFC). We will keep you up to date with the action to ensure you don’t miss a kick – delivering a match report shortly after the final whistle with post-match reaction from manager, Keith Hill.

Live commentary will also be available by the iFollow BWFC channel (subscribe via the website), with the BBC Radio Manchester team providing the coverage.

Man in the middle:

The referee for the match will be Andy Haines who has officiated 27 times this season across all domestic competitions. Haines has handed out a total of 71 yellow cards this year as well as seven straight reds and will be joined by fellow officials Richard Wigglesworth, Alix Pashley, and fourth official Simon Mather.

Haines has only refereed Bolton once this year in the 5-2 cup defeat to Rochdale.

Key man for The Pirates: Jonson Clarke-Harris

Bolton will have to be wary of Clarke-Harris, the 25-year-old has an impressive goal-scoring record since signing for the club in January 2019. He has scored nine goals in 17 appearances in Sky Bet League One this season, making him Rovers’ top scorer.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Last edited by karlypants on Wed Jan 29, 2020 9:53 am; edited 1 time in total

2Bolton 1 - 1 Bristol Rovers Empty Re: Bolton 1 - 1 Bristol Rovers Tue Jan 28, 2020 10:05 pm

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We looked clueless, couldnt keep the ball. Lucky to get a draw. At least its another point on the board.

3Bolton 1 - 1 Bristol Rovers Empty Re: Bolton 1 - 1 Bristol Rovers Tue Jan 28, 2020 11:07 pm

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Not the best i agree dissapointed in Hamilton and even Bonce should feel sorry for Buckley lol

4Bolton 1 - 1 Bristol Rovers Empty Re: Bolton 1 - 1 Bristol Rovers Tue Jan 28, 2020 11:25 pm

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wessy wrote:Not the best i agree dissapointed in Hamilton and even Bonce should feel sorry for Buckley lol
Indeed. He was punching the ground in frustration. Feel very sorry for the lad.

5Bolton 1 - 1 Bristol Rovers Empty Re: Bolton 1 - 1 Bristol Rovers Wed Jan 29, 2020 1:04 am

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Interesting that Faal didn't even make the bench and Bunney did despite only having his first run out the other day.

It wasn't a 5-1 loss though.

6Bolton 1 - 1 Bristol Rovers Empty Re: Bolton 1 - 1 Bristol Rovers Wed Jan 29, 2020 9:53 am

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Report: Bolton Wanderers 1-1 Bristol Rovers

Daryl Murphy’s eighth goal of the season earned Bolton Wanderers a Sky Bet League One point after his second half strike cancelled out Jonson Clarke-Harris’ opener.

The big Irishman’s leveler came with seven minutes of the game remaining when he latched onto a corner taken by Brandon Fleming to head home.

But Wanderers suffered a major blow when substitute Will Buckley was carried off the field with a suspected fracture just four minutes after replacing Ronan Darcy.

Keith Hill made one change from Wanderers’ previous league game against Portsmouth with Daryl Murphy replacing Joe Dodoo who named among the substitutes.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

7Bolton 1 - 1 Bristol Rovers Empty Re: Bolton 1 - 1 Bristol Rovers Thu Jan 30, 2020 7:47 pm

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Great to hear Jack Dearden back commentating. Made my night as I had to miss the game.

8Bolton 1 - 1 Bristol Rovers Empty Re: Bolton 1 - 1 Bristol Rovers Thu Jan 30, 2020 8:21 pm

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:Made my night as I had to miss the game.

Did they lock the attic door?

9Bolton 1 - 1 Bristol Rovers Empty Re: Bolton 1 - 1 Bristol Rovers Thu Jan 30, 2020 9:26 pm

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
boltonbonce wrote:Made my night as I had to miss the game.

Did they lock the attic door?
My lift didn't show. Made some excuse about being stuck in traffic near Nantwich. I have my suspicions.

10Bolton 1 - 1 Bristol Rovers Empty Re: Bolton 1 - 1 Bristol Rovers Sat Feb 01, 2020 1:10 pm

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum