Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Charlton Athletic

2 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Charlton Athletic Empty Charlton Athletic Wed Apr 01 2020, 10:53

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Bonsey asked me for comments on CAFC a little while ago. Can't remember which thread so I've started a new one.

CAFC are not unlike us really and one of the first teams I saw at Burnden Park in the early fifties. They were also the last team to play the Wanderers at Burnden Park and I well remember how respectful their supporters were to the Wanderers on that occasion.

Anyway the've been going through a fair amount of turmoil recently with Matthew Southall being central to some of it. He'd only been on the board of CAFC for a couple of months but was removed from it last week following a change of ownership.

BWFC supporters will remember Southall showing up at the Unibol last season along with our old friend, Bassini, and a flashy-looking young lady in tow.

CAFC lost about £20m over the past couple of years which makes BWFC's £4m to £5m under Anderson control look not too bad.

Anyone interested in more detail can find it here:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

and here:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

P.S. The statue is of Sam Bartram, Charlton's goalie in one of the first matches I saw at Burnden. I remember him very well.

Back in those days home and away fixtures  were played against the same club on Christmas Day and Boxing Day. In 1953 it was Charlton, 1954 Spurs. Really considerate for families (not) but they did pull in the crowds. 36,000 at Burnden for the Charlton match.

Last edited by Ten Bobsworth on Fri Apr 03 2020, 12:58; edited 3 times in total

2Charlton Athletic Empty Re: Charlton Athletic Wed Apr 01 2020, 11:09

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Thanks Bob.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum