Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Keith Hill has gone

+10
terenceanne
gloswhite
Whitesince63
wessy
Norpig
Sluffy
Cajunboy
Natasha Whittam
karlypants
BoltonTillIDie
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 4]

41Keith Hill has gone - Page 3 Empty Re: Keith Hill has gone Sun 14 Jun - 0:36

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Torsten Lieberknecht is in the running according to the bookies.  Currently plies his trade in Germany

42Keith Hill has gone - Page 3 Empty Re: Keith Hill has gone Sun 14 Jun - 9:39

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

T.R.O.Y. wrote:Did Parky inspire you?

Almost every day.

43Keith Hill has gone - Page 3 Empty Re: Keith Hill has gone Sun 14 Jun - 14:46

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I was looking at the betting on Sky Bet yesterday and someone called Michael Beale was listed. I'd never heard of him but he is a first team coach at Rangers but worked his way up the coaching ladder at Liverpool.

I've seen Ryan Lowe mentioned and he would be great i reckon but can't see us paying compo to another club.

Bowyer would be a steady pair of hands but it's hardly exciting is it?

44Keith Hill has gone - Page 3 Empty Re: Keith Hill has gone Sun 14 Jun - 16:19

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I can understand people thinking it's time David Lee was given a chance, purely linked to his coaching of our kids and the style of football, personally i wouldn't take the risk.

But Phil Brown Really 20 years since he was caretaker, 10 years since he managed Hull, he is 61 and way past his prime, that boat really has sailed, and would be gutted if he was even in the frame. Currently managing an Indian team maybe that says a lot.

45Keith Hill has gone - Page 3 Empty Re: Keith Hill has gone Mon 15 Jun - 8:43

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ian Evatt, the Barrow manager has an interesting video about how he has transformed them.

46Keith Hill has gone - Page 3 Empty Re: Keith Hill has gone Mon 15 Jun - 16:09

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

So some are touting Clough to steady the ship and get us promoted - whats the basis of that conclusion. I'm not sure we have 11 players signed yet - let alone bring in a new manager who knows nothing about the few players we still have.  We have bring somebody obviously
I vote for a young guy who is eager - but with that being said a young manager knows nowt and limited contacts etc. my next Option would be a foreign manager who can't find Bolton on a map - a journyman bloke would be my least favorite idea.  There's no right answer at the moment.

47Keith Hill has gone - Page 3 Empty Re: Keith Hill has gone Tue 16 Jun - 19:02

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Personally I think Hill was on a hiding to nothing when we started on minus 12 points and had to play the kids for over a month and a half. No one could realistically have come back from that to avoid relegation no matter how good the manager was. The way the team was put together also didn't help although it was the only way it could be done under the circumstances. I think we as fans largely accepted we were going down and were grateful we still had a club to support at first but after Christmas things went downhill for Keith, not least because the players seemed to be just going through the motions and really just wanted this season to end.

As to the new manager, I don't want Brown or Lee but whomever comes in will need to first unify the squad and get rid of the apparent mentality that we've already lost a game before it starts. It may well be time to bring in a complete rookie, someone who's never managed a team before in their own right (but has coaching experience obviously) and is hungry to make a name for themselves.

48Keith Hill has gone - Page 3 Empty Re: Keith Hill has gone Tue 16 Jun - 20:46

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Peter, I'm more in the middle. I don't think we need an old hand to steady anything, nor do I want someone who is a complete rookie. To all intents and purposes, we are a new club, just out of its wrappings, and, (hopefully), raring to go. I'd like to see us leave the baggage behind, and a young forward-looking manager would be the way to go. With such a newly formed team, I can't see us going up first time, especially as we've lost a few key players. Its all-round rebuilding time.

49Keith Hill has gone - Page 3 Empty Re: Keith Hill has gone Wed 17 Jun - 11:34

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

gloswhite wrote:Peter, I'm more in the middle. I don't think we need an old hand to steady anything, nor do I want someone who is a complete rookie. To all intents and purposes, we are a new club, just out of its wrappings, and, (hopefully), raring to go. I'd like to see us leave the baggage behind, and a young forward-looking manager would be the way to go. With such a newly formed team, I can't see us going up first time, especially as we've lost a few key players. Its all-round rebuilding time.
"meet the new boss, same as the old boss" - Some think a new manager will get us promoted based on hope certainly not any facts - We still are skint, under embargo, can only sign cast-offs and freebies. So what's changed exactly?
Lets say the top six teams in league two are equivalent to us being bottom of league one - what's the logic to presume we will beat out those teams to promotion at the first attempt. Wonder what the bookies odds will be.
Hopefully of course we will get a decent manager and a few players signed and all important have a pre-season to gel them together. When that happens we can make a half-way decent prediction IMO.

50Keith Hill has gone - Page 3 Empty Re: Keith Hill has gone Wed 17 Jun - 13:25

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Sung by The Who I believe.  
Whats different, for me, is that the players will not have the minus 12 points hanging over their head. Will have a new manager, with hopefully fresh ideas, and overall, a new and clean start. Lets not forget also that they will have good facilities, with an excellent ground, and supporters.  Very Happy How can we not be positive?

51Keith Hill has gone - Page 3 Empty Re: Keith Hill has gone Wed 17 Jun - 14:02

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

terenceanne wrote:So what's changed exactly?

Absolutely loads.

Level playing field for a start, no 12 point deduction.

No starting the season with the under 18s.

It should also be easier to attract players in this division, especially with so many likely to be free agents come the end of the month. If you're a League 2 player surely you'd rather play at Bolton in front of 10,000+ every week.

And most importantly - optimism from the fans. We are going up.

52Keith Hill has gone - Page 3 Empty Re: Keith Hill has gone Wed 17 Jun - 14:13

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Love it Nat, that's what we want to hear  Very Happy

53Keith Hill has gone - Page 3 Empty Re: Keith Hill has gone Wed 17 Jun - 14:33

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sorry, last line was aimed at fellow Chorley fans.

54Keith Hill has gone - Page 3 Empty Re: Keith Hill has gone Wed 17 Jun - 19:45

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

gloswhite wrote:Sung by The Who I believe.  
Whats different, for me, is that the players will not have the minus 12 points hanging over their head. Will have a new manager, with hopefully fresh ideas, and overall, a new and clean start. Lets not forget also that they will have good facilities, with an excellent ground, and supporters.  Very Happy How can we not be positive?
Agree with your points - 50/50 on if the new manager has better ideas or worse can't say until somebody is hired and a few players signed - we live in hope. Very Happy

55Keith Hill has gone - Page 3 Empty Re: Keith Hill has gone Wed 17 Jun - 23:53

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It depends on our situation and nobody seems to be clear as to exactly what that is.

We have a handful of experienced professionals still on the books plus a mixture of untried players whether they are from the youth team or signings, but there are some potentially exciting players amongst them who could - and probably should - shine at this level.
I'm thinking Dodoo, Politic, Faal etc around Murphy - should be able to do L2 damage (or sayonara)

Then there's our relatively athletic and experienced defence who may actually get to know each other given the right guidance.

Midfield could be strengthened a little now we've lost a few (ref: budget/embargo etc) but whoever comes in as manager has to take a positive approach to self-expression going forward and structured whole team defence IMO so my main criteria for management selection would be ambition and brains.

Any one of the candidates fit those criteria?

56Keith Hill has gone - Page 3 Empty Re: Keith Hill has gone Thu 18 Jun - 10:53

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Whitesince63 wrote:
Sluffy, re KH and Flicker, I was disappointed with the appointment in the first place but got behind them as all supporters should. 
A great sentiment Whites, welcome back However are you being fair?  You spat your dummy out over Parky big style of course your entitled to do that.

Then you post this in the BEN
My intention is to buy one but I need to see some optimism from the board in manager selection first. If it's a journeyman from the Grayson, Clough and Cotterill club I'll vote with my feet and stay away as I believe a lot of others will too. 

So is it you support the club? or you support the club but only if they pick your guy !!! 

57Keith Hill has gone - Page 3 Empty Re: Keith Hill has gone Thu 18 Jun - 11:44

wessy wrote:
A great sentiment Whites, welcome back However are you being fair?  You spat your dummy out over Parky big style of course your entitled to do that.

Then you post this in the BEN
My intention is to buy one but I need to see some optimism from the board in manager selection first. If it's a journeyman from the Grayson, Clough and Cotterill club I'll vote with my feet and stay away as I believe a lot of others will too. 

So is it you support the club? or you support the club but only if they pick your guy !!! 

Laughing

58Keith Hill has gone - Page 3 Empty Re: Keith Hill has gone Sat 21 Nov - 18:32

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Just been announced as the new manager of Tranmere until the end of the season

59Keith Hill has gone - Page 3 Empty Re: Keith Hill has gone Sat 21 Nov - 21:01

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

BoltonTillIDie wrote:Just been announced as the new manager of Tranmere until the end of the season

Actually apart from his interviews I wish him well.

I think he was doing ok starting from scratch like he did and was getting points on the board he had his legs chopped off from beneath him with Kenyon and Phoenix appearing on the scene.

Hill had an eye for players, we still have Delaney and Crawford - and both regular starters even with the millions we've brought in since.

He brought in Birdcutt who was a good player for us, found Chicksen from nowhere after Bunney had crashed his car, Emmanuel, who is playing at a higher level than us now at Hull and Verlinden on loan - not bad for someone who only had 24 hours left in the transfer window when he was appointed.

Of course he didn't get in all right but up to Christmas I thought he was doing a decent effort.

However I couldn't stand the man once he opened his mouth, it wouldn't surprise me in the least if he talked himself out of the job with us but never the less I hope he does well (unless his team plays us of course!).

60Keith Hill has gone - Page 3 Empty Re: Keith Hill has gone Wed 25 Nov - 8:09

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum