Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Best Bolton Midfielder?

+15
paddybwfc
Bernard Dennis Park
xmiles
Dinah Moe Humm
BoltonTillIDie
JonnyRandom
WhiteBic
Keegan
Alf Hooker
Numpty 28723
aaron_bwfc
Reebok Trotter
CEF
Hipster_Nebula
Natasha Whittam
19 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

21Best Bolton Midfielder? - Page 2 Empty Re: Best Bolton Midfielder? Thu Sep 20 2012, 18:51

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm seething that people aren't taking this thread seriously.

22Best Bolton Midfielder? - Page 2 Empty Re: Best Bolton Midfielder? Thu Sep 20 2012, 20:27

paddybwfc

paddybwfc
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Roy Greaves was awesome

23Best Bolton Midfielder? - Page 2 Empty Re: Best Bolton Midfielder? Thu Sep 20 2012, 20:31

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Greaves and Reid in midfield were a decent partnership.

24Best Bolton Midfielder? - Page 2 Empty Re: Best Bolton Midfielder? Thu Sep 20 2012, 22:23

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Tony Zico Kelly - not in the same class as the others mentioned but the best we hadat the time by a long way.

25Best Bolton Midfielder? - Page 2 Empty Re: Best Bolton Midfielder? Thu Sep 20 2012, 23:29

chipbutty

chipbutty
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

The memory can play tricks. Roy Greaves was average and Peter Reid a one paced plodder.

Campo was alway a centre-half. It was SA who moved him forward and gave him a whole new lease of life.

I think it's possible that JJ is the best player there has ever been for BWFC.

26Best Bolton Midfielder? - Page 2 Empty Re: Best Bolton Midfielder? Fri Sep 21 2012, 23:25

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

chipbutty wrote:The memory can play tricks. Roy Greaves was average and Peter Reid a one paced plodder.

Campo was alway a centre-half. It was SA who moved him forward and gave him a whole new lease of life.

I think it's possible that JJ is the best player there has ever been for BWFC.

Yes, I agree with JJ, even though he only performed in about a dozen games.

27Best Bolton Midfielder? - Page 2 Empty Re: Best Bolton Midfielder? Sat Sep 22 2012, 00:49

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

Soul Kitchen wrote:

Everytime I see people say things like this, I dig up the quote where Nolan said he was up Jay Jay's bum (after being made captain) whenever he did any tricks on the ball - apparently on BSA's instructions. I'll refrain from doing so now and just disagree with the latter portion of your post, SK.

--Edit--
Sorry, [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

28Best Bolton Midfielder? - Page 2 Empty Re: Best Bolton Midfielder? Sat Sep 22 2012, 12:03

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Purely my opinion. We all remember the magic moments, West Ham, Villa, but there were far too few of them. For me he was rated in a higher stratosphere than by the fans, ie poll runner up, but I know who'd be putting on my team sheet first. Hope this clarifies?

29Best Bolton Midfielder? - Page 2 Empty Re: Best Bolton Midfielder? Sat Sep 22 2012, 12:15

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Soul Kitchen wrote:

At last someone can see through the bullshit.

Okocha had a handful of great games, but the majority were spent shooting into the top tier and taking throw-ins. He was a liability more often than not.

I remember going to games and there being a collective grown when he was announced as playing.

30Best Bolton Midfielder? - Page 2 Empty Re: Best Bolton Midfielder? Sat Sep 22 2012, 12:35

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

UTTER balls.

31Best Bolton Midfielder? - Page 2 Empty Re: Best Bolton Midfielder? Sun Sep 23 2012, 05:53

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

You can pick two out of three to play and one on the bench, Djorks, Campo or JJ.
Who's on the bench?

32Best Bolton Midfielder? - Page 2 Empty Re: Best Bolton Midfielder? Mon Sep 24 2012, 17:47

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

Good one, SK - Campo is the calming influence behind one of the other two so automatically starts. This then boils down to Djorkaeff or JJ - the former scores more and the latter creates more. I'll assume there is someone on the pitch that can score and go with JJ.

33Best Bolton Midfielder? - Page 2 Empty Re: Best Bolton Midfielder? Mon Sep 24 2012, 22:37

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Wrong choice! You play the two consistent players, the showboater gets the splinters in his arse! Better luck next time. Very Happy

34Best Bolton Midfielder? - Page 2 Empty Re: Best Bolton Midfielder? Mon Sep 24 2012, 22:41

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

I'm a JJ fan (surprise!) - even more so than Djorkaeff and I think if JJ was allowed to be the player we bought, he would have been consistently brilliant.

35Best Bolton Midfielder? - Page 2 Empty Re: Best Bolton Midfielder? Mon Sep 24 2012, 22:46

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Yes if my aunty......................but she hasn't!

36Best Bolton Midfielder? - Page 2 Empty Re: Best Bolton Midfielder? Mon Sep 24 2012, 22:47

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

Really? I'll have to look again!

37Best Bolton Midfielder? - Page 2 Empty Re: Best Bolton Midfielder? Tue Sep 25 2012, 04:54

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Keegan wrote:Really? I'll have to look again!
Very Happy

38Best Bolton Midfielder? - Page 2 Empty Re: Best Bolton Midfielder? Wed Sep 26 2012, 18:05

jonnycooper

David Ngog
David Ngog

JESUS SAVES,,,,,,,BUT FRANK SCORES REBOUNDS???????????

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum