Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Do You Miss The Pub?

+8
gloswhite
wessy
wanderlust
xmiles
sunlight
Sluffy
boltonbonce
Natasha Whittam
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

21Do You Miss The Pub? - Page 2 Empty Re: Do You Miss The Pub? Thu Jun 25 2020, 13:36

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I think it's an age thing, when i was younger would have been desperate to go for a pint and meet up with the lads, now happy to have a can or three in house over the weekends.

Won't be going anywhere near any time soon, And eating out not a chance, before covid some of the kitchens were lets say dodgy, with covid not going to risk some unknown herbert cooking and serving meals when i had to wait 3 months to see my grandkids. Wetherspoon never going in that place again the guy who own's it would put his own Grandma on the menu if it turned a profit selfish sod.

22Do You Miss The Pub? - Page 2 Empty Re: Do You Miss The Pub? Thu Jun 25 2020, 18:12

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Never been one for drinking at home, always saw it as a social habit. Didn't stop me getting rat-arsed with the family on my birthday though, on Brandy

23Do You Miss The Pub? - Page 2 Empty Re: Do You Miss The Pub? Thu Jun 25 2020, 18:19

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

gloswhite wrote:Didn't stop me getting rat-arsed with the family on my birthday though, on Brandy

Was she the stripper?

24Do You Miss The Pub? - Page 2 Empty Re: Do You Miss The Pub? Thu Jun 25 2020, 18:23

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

What a cracking idea. The only stripper I'm likely to see nowadays is steam operated and takes off wallpaper.  Laughing

25Do You Miss The Pub? - Page 2 Empty Re: Do You Miss The Pub? Thu Jun 25 2020, 22:55

sunlight

sunlight
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Indeed, when the Coronavirus Pandemic started, the owner of Wetherspoons sacked all his staff. His comment was that they can all go and get a job in a Supermarket. I also will never go into any of his businesses.

26Do You Miss The Pub? - Page 2 Empty Re: Do You Miss The Pub? Thu Jun 25 2020, 23:27

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Just thought I'd post this up - seems obvious to me with the way many are behaving now that they have already given up on lock down!

Coronavirus: Police fear disorder as lockdown eases

A combination of frustration after months of lockdown, warm weather and the availability of alcohol are regarded as having created a perfect storm for unrest.

The head of the Police Federation in England and Wales, John Apter, fears the reopening of pubs and bars in England on 4 July will put his members at risk.

"Easing of lockdown on a Saturday has created almost a countdown to carnival and I am deeply concerned that we're going to see big problems on that day," he told the BBC.

"It's only through fortune my colleagues are not being more seriously injured - or in fact killed. That's how bad it's getting, and something has to be done".

More here - https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-53187031

27Do You Miss The Pub? - Page 2 Empty Re: Do You Miss The Pub? Sun Jun 28 2020, 01:23

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I miss going in Bolton on Friday nights, but I'm not sure why because it's just full of horrible people, none more so than the bar staff, door staff, etc. And it's not just Bolton, it's basically everywhere in the UK on a Friday/Saturday night.

People are talking like reopening pubs is gonna be amazing but places like Old Man n Scythe and Hogarths were hostile enough without all the new measures and restrictions that are gonna be in place. It definitely won't be the same and it might not even be practical for some places.

28Do You Miss The Pub? - Page 2 Empty Re: Do You Miss The Pub? Sun Jun 28 2020, 05:00

sunlight

sunlight
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

doffcocker wrote:I miss going in Bolton on Friday nights, but I'm not sure why because it's just full of horrible people, none more so than the bar staff, door staff, etc. And it's not just Bolton, it's basically everywhere in the UK on a Friday/Saturday night.

People are talking like reopening pubs is gonna be amazing but places like Old Man n Scythe and Hogarths were hostile enough without all the new measures and restrictions that are gonna be in place. It definitely won't be the same and it might not even be practical for some places.
I agree totally. Pubs are full of horrible people. This is a very hateful town.  People dont care what they do to others. We are going backwards as a society.
There is an underclass now, which is below working class and it is cheaper for them to buy drugs than to drink.
I dont miss drinking at all. You cant beat sober and a clear mind.

29Do You Miss The Pub? - Page 2 Empty Re: Do You Miss The Pub? Sun Jun 28 2020, 10:28

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Lets be honest after a few pints who's going to stick to one metre plus nevermind two metres?

30Do You Miss The Pub? - Page 2 Empty Re: Do You Miss The Pub? Sun Jun 28 2020, 11:59

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

doffcocker wrote:I miss going in Bolton on Friday nights, but I'm not sure why because it's just full of horrible people, none more so than the bar staff, door staff, etc. And it's not just Bolton, it's basically everywhere in the UK on a Friday/Saturday night.

It seems that everywhere you go people are hostile towards you.

Do you easily upset folk?

31Do You Miss The Pub? - Page 2 Empty Re: Do You Miss The Pub? Sun Jun 28 2020, 14:56

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I don't want to go out in Bolton anymore. My best mate got jumped by a gang of Asian lads and they gave him a good kicking. One lad was goading him and his wife in a takeaway on Bradshawgate and when my mate reacted after the lad pushed his wife and smacked him then all his mates appeared and you can guess the rest.

32Do You Miss The Pub? - Page 2 Empty Re: Do You Miss The Pub? Sun Jun 28 2020, 17:22

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:

It seems that everywhere you go people are hostile towards you.

Do you easily upset folk?

Actually I've never personally had any problems in town or pubs in general, it's more an observation of how other people get.

Most people seem to be out looking for a fight - especially when boxing has been on - and is it any wonder when there's two obnoxious pricks stood on the door at most places winding folk up before they've even sat down with a drink.

33Do You Miss The Pub? - Page 2 Empty Re: Do You Miss The Pub? Fri Jul 03 2020, 17:46

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Pubs in my town preparing for tomorrow and had a chat with a couple of the landlords this pm (me and the missus were supposed to be having a bike ride but as i was passing anyway....) 
They've gone for a one way system with serving zones and are banking on decent weather so folk can sit outside. 
With nobody around it looks brilliant. Add our locals to the situation tomorrow and I'll give it 5 minutes before chaos descends. I'd like to go to check it so the missus and I will be using our safe sex PPE
Do You Miss The Pub? - Page 2 Article-0-19918BE200000578-544_634x382

34Do You Miss The Pub? - Page 2 Empty Re: Do You Miss The Pub? Fri Jul 03 2020, 17:52

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I can just see you now Wander...

Do You Miss The Pub? - Page 2 2Q==

Very Happy

35Do You Miss The Pub? - Page 2 Empty Re: Do You Miss The Pub? Fri Jul 03 2020, 18:02

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

karlypants wrote:I can just see you now Wander...

Do You Miss The Pub? - Page 2 2Q==

Very Happy

Surely you aren't suggesting that he's a dickhead are you?

(only joking!)

36Do You Miss The Pub? - Page 2 Empty Re: Do You Miss The Pub? Fri Jul 03 2020, 18:10

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:

Surely you aren't suggesting that he's a dickhead are you?
Spot on. I totally am a dickhead. And Tibetan.

37Do You Miss The Pub? - Page 2 Empty Re: Do You Miss The Pub? Fri Jul 03 2020, 19:22

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

I'm not surprised you've chosen tha t name Wander. You're a long way from home.   Very Happy

38Do You Miss The Pub? - Page 2 Empty Re: Do You Miss The Pub? Fri Jul 03 2020, 22:38

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

gloswhite wrote:I'm not surprised you've chosen tha t name Wander. You're a long way from home.   Very Happy
I feel quite at home here. Norfolk is full of mountains.

39Do You Miss The Pub? - Page 2 Empty Re: Do You Miss The Pub? Fri Jul 03 2020, 23:09

sunlight

sunlight
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Anyone going to the Pub tomorrow is going to have to tell people that they are his best mate from a metre away ( I think its a metre now ).

40Do You Miss The Pub? - Page 2 Empty Re: Do You Miss The Pub? Fri Jul 03 2020, 23:11

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:
I feel quite at home here. Norfolk is full of mountains.
I fell off Cromer pier once.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum