Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

OFFICIAL - Gethin Jones signs new two year contract

5 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

GETHIN JONES has become Bolton Wanderers Head Coach Ian Evatt’s ninth summer signing after putting pen to paper on a deal at the University of Bolton Stadium.

The 24 year-old arrives in the North West having previously played for Carlisle United where he made 30 appearances last season.

The Australia-born but Welsh raised right wing back has initially signed on a one-year deal with an option for a further year should the Club opt to extend it.

Jones, 24, joined Everton’s Academy as a 12 year-old after signing from Wrexham, and progressed through the ranks to sign professional terms with The Toffees in 2014 after helping the under 18s to the Premier League title.

He made his senior debut at Goodison Park in a Europa League match before being loaned out to Plymouth Argyle and Barnsley to gain first team experience.

Jones, who has won international caps for Wales under 17s, under 18s and under 21s, ended a decade-long association with Everton in 2018 when he signed for Fleetwood Town on a permanent basis and made ten league appearances, scoring three goals for The Cod Army before make a loan move to Mansfield Town in 2019.

Talking about his move to the University of Bolton Stadium, Jones said: “I’m really made up to have completed the move. It’s been in the pipeline for a few weeks and I’m glad it’s all done.

“Bolton is a massive a club and is a club that shouldn’t been in the division it is now.

“With it being so close to home and the size of the club, I thought it would be a perfect move for me.

“Hearing everything from the club, about where they want to go and how they want to play this season, I just felt like it was a perfect fit for me.”

Ian Evatt added: “Gethin had a fantastic education where he came through Everton’s Academy and has all the attributes to play as an attacking wing back: pace, stamina, good movement and quality with the ball.

“He is another excellent acquisition for Bolton Wanderers and we are delighted to welcome him to the club.”

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Steady player but not sure he will be good enough next season.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:Steady player but not sure he will be good enough next season.
Can never be sure but I reckon he’ll be fine.

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I thought that was an area we could strengthen - he is just ok IMO.

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

He's not a spectacular player but he's solid and I think he'll be a reliable asset to a League One campaign. A good signing for us imo as things currently stand.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum