Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Cycling's back!

+4
Cajunboy
karlypants
wanderlust
gloswhite
8 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Cycling's back! Empty Cycling's back! Thu Aug 06 2020, 01:54

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Well it's been back a week or so but as I'm the only one who is in to cycling I thought I wouldn't bore you with it until something spectacular happened and shockingly it did today with a horrific crash, one rider being badly injured and currently in a coma, I wish him well obviously.

If you want to watch what happened then see the video below.

If you do keep your eyes on the left of the screen just as they are getting to the finish line.

When it shows it again from above look at where the lead cyclist (who caused the crash) starts off - in the middle of the road - and look where he ends up - up against the railings.

He clearly tried to close the door on the bloke in second and over did it - look at his shoulder and elbow!

The bloke was disqualified obviously and the man who crashed also took out an official stood behind the barriers as well.

The latest report is that cyclist has suffered a brain injury and has been put in an induced coma, and the official suffered spinal injuries, so unfortunately very serious stuff.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cycling/53671028

2Cycling's back! Empty Re: Cycling's back! Thu Aug 06 2020, 08:19

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ouch! He should be charged with assault after that! Completely deliberate attempt to run him off the road.

3Cycling's back! Empty Re: Cycling's back! Thu Aug 06 2020, 12:07

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Never went away - I've been cycling 3 times a week since we were allowed to exercise. Love it when the weather's nice.

4Cycling's back! Empty Re: Cycling's back! Thu Aug 06 2020, 12:32

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

wanderlust wrote:Never went away - I've been cycling 3 times a week since we were allowed to exercise. Love it when the weather's nice.

..dunno..

Did you post purely based on the thread banner head line, without reading the opening post???

We are talking about the return of professional cycling following from the sport being in lockdown across the world due to the pandemic.

5Cycling's back! Empty Re: Cycling's back! Thu Aug 06 2020, 14:36

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Sluffy wrote:

..dunno..

Did you post purely based on the thread banner head line, without reading the opening post???

We are talking about the return of professional cycling following from the sport being in lockdown across the world due to the pandemic.
Give over Sluffy. He knows what its about, but it reminded him of his own attempts, thats all.

6Cycling's back! Empty Re: Cycling's back! Thu Aug 06 2020, 14:58

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:Never went away - I've been cycling 3 times a week since we were allowed to exercise. Love it when the weather's nice.
About time you wankers were taxed and insured.  Smile

7Cycling's back! Empty Re: Cycling's back! Thu Aug 06 2020, 15:00

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

gloswhite wrote:
Sluffy wrote:

..dunno..

Did you post purely based on the thread banner headline, without reading the opening post???

Give over Sluffy. He knows what its about, but it reminded him of his own attempts, thats all.

You're a really good bloke Glos so I won't say anything to upset you but I do believe you view Wanderlust as someone he really isn't.

I think you have your wires crossed about me too for what its worth but you have every right to call it as you see it.

His post was more to do with having a little point scoring pop at me than anything else and my reply was more to do about 'I know what your game is' back to him.

Not that any of it matters a jot, the real story is about the poor bloke who went over the barriers who has now had facial surgery and of which the race doctor said this about him yesterday -

"His condition is very severe. There is a danger to his life," said race doctor Barbara Jerschina on Wednesday.

"Unfortunately, it is quite a serious injury to the head and brain. He has lost a lot of blood. He is very strong. I hope he will survive."

Fortunately latest reports don't seem to believe it is as bad as that but certainly not a thread to be playing silly point scoring games on wouldn't you say?

Least I would.

8Cycling's back! Empty Re: Cycling's back! Thu Aug 06 2020, 15:40

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Just been reading up of what is being said in the cycling world and everybody condemns what happened, the crashed riders team managers says the crash resulted in his injury's included every bone in his face being broken, although he did say no vital organs had been damaged.

He's also threatening to report the incident to the police as done on purpose to harm someone.

The picture below clearly shows the one causing the crash leaning out of his saddle to 'squeeze' the other rider into the barriers.

Cycling's back! GettyImages-1264124374

https://www.cyclingweekly.com/news/racing/patrick-lefevere-confirms-deceuninck-quick-step-will-report-dylan-groenewegen-to-polish-police-461768

9Cycling's back! Empty Re: Cycling's back! Thu Aug 06 2020, 15:49

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Just fitted new front brake pads to my grandad's old Claud Butler so hopefully I'll remember and try not to fly over the handlebars when me and the missus cycle over to the Banningham Crown tonight Smile

10Cycling's back! Empty Re: Cycling's back! Thu Aug 06 2020, 15:52

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Surprised Groenewegen didn't get a kicking for that move. Behaviour like that shouldn't be tolerated and wouldn't have been in the past. A lengthy ban at least?

11Cycling's back! Empty Re: Cycling's back! Thu Aug 06 2020, 16:04

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

wanderlust wrote:Surprised Groenewegen didn't get a kicking for that move. Behaviour like that shouldn't be tolerated and wouldn't have been in the past. A lengthy ban at least?

You clear haven't followed cycling then - it's always been common practice!

Clearly it went badly wrong here and in a broadly similar event at the TdF a couple of years back Sagan was chucked out for doing this to Cavendish.

12Cycling's back! Empty Re: Cycling's back! Thu Aug 06 2020, 16:12

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Also and possibly my favourite is this one from 10 years ago.

Look out for a rider called Renshaw and watch what he does!

Also after he's done that, watch what he does next from the overhead view!

Not the best video quality wise but it clearly shows what goes on in bunch sprints!

13Cycling's back! Empty Re: Cycling's back! Thu Aug 06 2020, 17:28

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

karlypants wrote:
About time you wankers were taxed and insured.  Smile
I totally agree..

Stop cycling on the pavement especially at traffic lights.

Learn some road sense and manners on the road, you are not in a fucking peloton.

Stop wearing silly clothes, you look an absolute tit.

In fact just stay at home.

This is a general statement to cyclists  and not aimed at old chaps like Lusty who is a  I'm sure a model cyclist.

14Cycling's back! Empty Re: Cycling's back! Thu Aug 06 2020, 23:43

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Cajunboy wrote:
I totally agree..

Stop cycling on the pavement especially at traffic lights.

Learn some road sense and manners on the road, you are not in a fucking peloton.

Stop wearing silly clothes, you look an absolute tit.

In fact just stay at home.

This is a general statement to cyclists  and not aimed at old chaps like Lusty who is a  I'm sure a model cyclist.
I am indeed and I don't have "all the gear and no idea" like some folk I know. For example I don't use a Garmin to time rides, average speed etc but tonight my missus informed me that it took us 5 minutes longer to cycle back from the pub than cycling to the pub.
I really don't need to analyse it too much to work out why.

15Cycling's back! Empty Re: Cycling's back! Fri Aug 07 2020, 00:15

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I don't know why but thought of you like this...

Cycling's back! Gtv-archive-shutterstock-editorial-788720ge

Very Happy

16Cycling's back! Empty Re: Cycling's back! Fri Aug 07 2020, 09:04

Before Covid i cycled to the office every day, 6 miles each way. From where I'm based into London Bridge that's the fastest way of getting there, also saves me a fortune, doesn't pollute and keeps me healthy.

Why you'd want to discourage that by introducing tax and insurance is beyond me, thankfully i think the county's going in the opposite direction. Credit to the government for that, the push to get more people cycling is overdue but great to see they're on it.

17Cycling's back! Empty Re: Cycling's back! Fri Aug 07 2020, 10:39

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

karlypants wrote:I don't know why but thought of you like this...

Cycling's back! Gtv-archive-shutterstock-editorial-788720ge

Very Happy
This is a serious thread about serious cycling. Be serious.

FWIW I imagined you like this...
Cycling's back! Bike

18Cycling's back! Empty Re: Cycling's back! Fri Aug 07 2020, 11:34

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Sluffy wrote:

You're a really good bloke Glos so I won't say anything to upset you but I do believe you view Wanderlust as someone he really isn't.

I think you have your wires crossed about me too for what its worth but you have every right to call it as you see it.

His post was more to do with having a little point scoring pop at me than anything else and my reply was more to do about 'I know what your game is' back to him.

Not that any of it matters a jot, the real story is about the poor bloke who went over the barriers who has now had facial surgery and of which the race doctor said this about him yesterday -

"His condition is very severe. There is a danger to his life," said race doctor Barbara Jerschina on Wednesday.

"Unfortunately, it is quite a serious injury to the head and brain. He has lost a lot of blood. He is very strong. I hope he will survive."

Fortunately latest reports don't seem to believe it is as bad as that but certainly not a thread to be playing silly point scoring games on wouldn't you say?

Least I would.

OK, I'll step back from commenting on the war of attrition between the two of you. I would only ask that you both remember that this forum isn't only for you two, but is read by people who are sick and tired of hearing all this sniping, its not why were here.

19Cycling's back! Empty Re: Cycling's back! Fri Aug 07 2020, 12:01

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

gloswhite wrote:
OK, I'll step back from commenting on the war of attrition between the two of you. I would only ask that you both remember that this forum isn't only for you two, but is read by people who are sick and tired of hearing all this sniping, its not why were here.
:clap:

20Cycling's back! Empty Re: Cycling's back! Fri Aug 07 2020, 12:51

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

gloswhite wrote:
:clap:

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum