Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ian Evatt sets his stall out as Bolton's new era begins

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ian Evatt hopes his own obsession with winning football matches can quickly translate to his dressing room.

The Bolton Wanderers head coach takes charge of his first game today, with Bradford City visiting the UniBol in the Carabao Cup.

Evatt guided unheralded Barrow to the National League title in his first full season in management and had a playing career which included promotion from every division up to the Premier League.

So while he accepts there is pressure on him to take Bolton back up to League One at the first time of asking, Evatt is more than ready to embrace the challenge.

“The only expectation I have is on myself,” he told The Bolton News.

“People might say I wasn’t expected to do anything at Barrow but I expected it.

“I have to win. I am addicted to winning. We want to win every game this season – we probably won’t, but we’ll try. I don’t fear anything.

“It doesn’t matter whether it’s Bolton Wanderers or Morecambe, I’d want to win the league with either of them. And if you don’t set out with that mindset and ambition then there’s no point turning up, in my opinion. You have to believe you can be the best.”

Evatt is aware his arrival, coupled with the stability offered by new ownership and a raft of new signings this summer, has created a buzz of optimism around the town for the season ahead.

Supporters cannot attend today’s game but will be able to stream through an iFollow stream, at the price of £10, or follow the action through The Bolton News’ Matchday Live, and on radio via BBC Radio Manchester or Bolton FM.

And it is for the people who have already backed the club with their money and support this summer that Evatt really wants to succeed in his latest mission, more than 7,000 season tickets having been sold.

“The fans have been magnificent since I stepped in, the support they have given me, the belief in what we are trying to do. It is amazing,” he said.

“The fact we’ve sold that many season tickets in the middle of a pandemic when fans didn’t know when they would be allowed back into the ground speaks volumes.

“But it will only buy us so much time – we need to go and perform on a Saturday.

“These fans deserve to see attractive, winning football and I want to give it to them.”

Source

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum