Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Why Ian Evatt isn't panicking after losing start

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It might have been a losing start in the cup competitions for Wanderers – but Ian Evatt claims a calm head is needed to put things right by weekend.

Defeats against Bradford City and Crewe have frustrated the head coach, who set a very public high bar for the club on his arrival from Barrow in the summer.

Nothing less than a promotion tilt will do for the Whites this season in League Two and they have an opportunity to take a first step on Saturday when they welcome Forest Green Rovers to the University of Bolton Stadium for the first time.

In isolation, Evatt could take heart from much of what Wanderers achieved against a well-drilled and familiar Bradford, and League One opposition in Crewe.

Yet the devil is in the detail, as they say, and it will be the minutiae of what could have turned those results into victories which will nag at the head coach over the coming days.

“It’s frustrating because we’re not being cut apart,” he told The Bolton News. “It’s those moments and lapses of concentration that are costing us and I think they can be remedied with hard work.

“You look at Eoin Doyle. We know what we’re going to get with him – it’ll be goals. And the fact he was there to miss them (against Crewe) pleases me.

“The fact that we created so much against – let’s have it right – a strong Crewe side shows you how far we have come, even since last Friday.

“We made a few changes and should have won the game, no two ways about it.

“We didn’t, so let’s sit back, take stock, and improve.”

Wanderers’ cause has not been helped so far by the fact they have spent two-thirds of the opening two games trailing their opponents.

A team whose intention is to control possession and tempo have found themselves in a rush to get back on level terms, which does not appear to suit them.

Evatt remains relaxed, and feels his philosophy will bear fruit once points are at stake.

“It’s not ideal when you are chasing games but when we watched the game back against Bradford we’d had 66-67 per cent possession, virtually controlled the tempo of the first half and it was just that final third detail, when to put the ball in the box, when to make runs, it was just off,” he said.

“Against Crewe we didn’t start as well but came on really strong, created numerous chances that we should have scored. We didn’t but we’ll move on to Saturday and concentrate on a very important league campaign.”

Source

sunlight

sunlight
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Its probably because he has a guaranteed contract of at least 12 months.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

If we lose at home to FGR on Saturday the bedsheets will be out.

Evans out.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:If we lose at home to FGR on Saturday the bedsheets will be out.

Evans out.
 Do you still have the Dougie Out one Nat? Can you adapt it?

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote: Do you still have the Dougie Out one Nat? Can you adapt it?

I have a brand new one for Evans.

There's only so many times you can cross a name off before a hole appears in the sheet.

Megson Coyle Dougie Lennon Parky Hill Evans Out!

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Very Happy

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Natasha Whittam wrote:

I have a brand new one for Evans.

There's only so many times you can cross a name off before a hole appears in the sheet.

Megson Coyle Dougie Lennon Parky Hill Evans Out!
I thought he was called Evatt.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Cajunboy wrote:I thought he was called Evatt.

Never heard of him.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum