Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

BWFC 0-0 Grimsby

+11
gloswhite
okocha
karlypants
terenceanne
wessy
wanderlust
MartinBWFC
bryan458
sunlight
dutchwhites63
BoltonTillIDie
15 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1BWFC 0-0 Grimsby Empty BWFC 0-0 Grimsby Wed Oct 07 2020, 12:13

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Surely a "must win"?
Grimsby are bottom of the league but they've only played two games and they were against top 3 Salford and a narrow loss away to mid table Walsall so their position might be deceptive. And they've had a two week break to prepare.
Certainly a must win for Grimsby, but I think it's equally important for us, especially from a confidence perspective.
Don't think there's going to be much in it but I'm plumping for us to win by the odd goal.

On a different note, can iFollow be purchased for home games or is that only for season ticket holders?

2BWFC 0-0 Grimsby Empty Re: BWFC 0-0 Grimsby Wed Oct 07 2020, 13:19

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

2-0 win for the Super Whites i reckon and the start of the climb up the table  Very Happy

You can purchase games for ifollow Lusty you just need to register on the website first.

3BWFC 0-0 Grimsby Empty Re: BWFC 0-0 Grimsby Wed Oct 07 2020, 13:20

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Yes you can purchase ifollow for home and away

4BWFC 0-0 Grimsby Empty Re: BWFC 0-0 Grimsby Wed Oct 07 2020, 14:07

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm registered guys - I just had this thing in the back of my mind that it was just away games - probably getting confused with the free pass for ST holders thing.

5BWFC 0-0 Grimsby Empty Re: BWFC 0-0 Grimsby Wed Oct 07 2020, 14:28

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I read somewhere that some old people can get a bit confused over quite minor things.

6BWFC 0-0 Grimsby Empty Bolton v Grimsby Thu Oct 08 2020, 15:55

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

These haven't had a game or barely trained for 3 weeks, if we can't beat an unfit team who also have had a bad start, then Evatt needs to rethink his systems.

3-1

7BWFC 0-0 Grimsby Empty Re: BWFC 0-0 Grimsby Fri Oct 09 2020, 17:33

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

8BWFC 0-0 Grimsby Empty Re: BWFC 0-0 Grimsby Sat Oct 10 2020, 11:04

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

MartinBWFC wrote:These haven't had a game or barely trained for 3 weeks, if we can't beat an unfit team who also have had a bad start, then Evatt needs to rethink his systems.

3-1
I'd imagine they'll have trained non-stop - with a particular focus on how to beat us. 3-1 would be fantastic but I can't see it.

9BWFC 0-0 Grimsby Empty Re: BWFC 0-0 Grimsby Sat Oct 10 2020, 11:23

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Preview: Bolton Wanderers vs Grimsby Town

Wanderers return to Sky Bet League Two action on Saturday afternoon when they host Grimsby Town at the University of Bolton Stadium.

Wanderers will be buoyed by their league victory away against Harrogate Town last weekend where goals from Eoin Doyle and Nathan Delfouneso saw them pick up three points at the Keepmoat Stadium.

Pre-Match Quotes:

Ian Evatt: “I know their Ian Holloway better than anybody and I know he will have them fit, firing and ready to go, no question about it. I do think it will be a game where if we have possession of the ball and move them accordingly and tire them out we should have a physical advantage after 60 minutes, there’s no two ways about that.

“We have played more games, trained more, but we have to make sure we utilise that by moving the ball, keeping it away from them, and then in the last half-hour take over the game and win it.

“That’s how I see it being played, however, we have to actually do it.

“I’d love to build on the win against Harrogate and a very positive performance in midweek at Shrewsbury.

“Ollie is a great character but because he has a bit of a joke and a laugh, or uses the odd analogy here and there, people just don’t give him any credit for his tactical nous.

“He knows the game really well and he’s one of those guys who inspires with the way he lives his life in general. His wife, Kim, his family, they are inspirational people and I can’t speak highly enough of him and what he did for me.

“Myself and Matt Gilks were talking recently and it will be great to pitch ourselves against him. We want to win, obviously, but first and foremost it will be great to see him because he was great for us in our careers and taught me so much.”

How to watch:

Supporters can watch the game live on iFollow BWFC by purchasing a £10 match pass.

An iFollow BWFC video match pass will ensure supporters do not miss a minute of the action, with the entire match streamed through any compatible laptop, computer, tablet or mobile device in the United Kingdom.

Team News:

Ian Evatt faces a possible selection dilemma ahead of Saturday’s afternoon’s clash against the Mariners.

Following their victory against Harrogate in the league, Wanderers fielded nine changes in their midweek EFL Trophy tie against Shrewsbury.

Although the Shrews ran out winners, Evatt was pleased with Wanderers’ performance and in particular with that of the younger players in the squad.

Alex Baptiste could also return to the fray after returning to fitness.

Bookies Odds:

Bolton Wanderers win: 1/1

Draw: 5/2

Grimsby Town win: 11/5

Correct as of 9/10/2020 (4am) on skybet.com

Last time out:

The two clubs last met in the Football League in 2001 where they shared a 2-2 draw at the Reebok Stadium. Goals from Gudni Bergsson and Bo Hansen earned Sam Allardyce’s men a point on their way to an eventual promotion to the Premier League courtesy of a play-off final victory against Preston North End at Cardiff’s Millennium Stadium.

They have played each other 62 times in all competitions with Wanderers edging the head to head encounters with 26 victories to their name against Town’s 17.

Form:

Wanderers come into the game following a midweek defeat in the EFL Trophy at Shrewsbury Town, but will be high on confidence following a morale-boosting 2-1 win against Harrogate Town last weekend.

Grimsby have been without football for a couple of weeks after a spell in isolation due to a positive COVID-19 test in the group. Prior to that, they lost their first two league fixtures of the season, away at Walsall and at home to Salford City.

Match Officials:

Referee: Samuel Barrott

Assistant Referees: Andrew Hendley and Danny Gratton

Fourth Official: Christopher Ward

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

10BWFC 0-0 Grimsby Empty Re: BWFC 0-0 Grimsby Sat Oct 10 2020, 13:29

dutchwhites63

Mario Jardel
Mario Jardel

it has been 38 years since we last lost to grimsby,lets make it 39 years

11BWFC 0-0 Grimsby Empty Re: BWFC 0-0 Grimsby Sat Oct 10 2020, 13:59

sunlight

sunlight
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Theyve only played two games and lost them both. We lost the first three.
Morcambe in second place!

12BWFC 0-0 Grimsby Empty Re: BWFC 0-0 Grimsby Sat Oct 10 2020, 14:56

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

13BWFC 0-0 Grimsby Empty Re: BWFC 0-0 Grimsby Sat Oct 10 2020, 14:57

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Radio Nuts is now live via the Portal!

14BWFC 0-0 Grimsby Empty Re: BWFC 0-0 Grimsby Sat Oct 10 2020, 16:48

bryan458

bryan458
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Every single one of these players are fucking SHIT !!

15BWFC 0-0 Grimsby Empty Re: BWFC 0-0 Grimsby Sat Oct 10 2020, 17:03

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Thought Santos, Delaney, Tutte were head and shoulders above the rest, Mascoll far better than Gordon, can't work out the three subs, they made us worse.

16BWFC 0-0 Grimsby Empty Re: BWFC 0-0 Grimsby Sat Oct 10 2020, 17:06

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

90 Minutes of sheer frustration.

I think all they do in training is passing sideways and backwards to the goalkeeper.

There just doesn't seem to be any energy or purpose to the play at all.

PATHETIC DISPLAY.

17BWFC 0-0 Grimsby Empty Re: BWFC 0-0 Grimsby Sat Oct 10 2020, 17:11

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

MartinBWFC wrote:Thought Santos, Delaney, Tutte were head and shoulders above the rest, Mascoll far better than Gordon, can't work out the three subs, they made us worse.
Harry Brockbank had a good game and I thought Comley was tidy enough when he came on but it was all too negative for me. Mascoll was OK but he passed back every time, never taking on the full back so I guess Gordon came on to be a bit more direct and he was. As Norpig says, final ball was poor all day and I thought there were some heavy touches that wasted the opportunity to get the ball into dangerous areas - but mainly the build up was so slow and laboured there was always a wall of defenders in place by the time the ball arrived.
Good that we're not shipping goals but we have to be more direct when we get into their half.

18BWFC 0-0 Grimsby Empty Re: BWFC 0-0 Grimsby Sat Oct 10 2020, 17:20

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

It was grim.

19BWFC 0-0 Grimsby Empty Re: BWFC 0-0 Grimsby Sat Oct 10 2020, 17:25

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

First 20 Grimsby shaded it , we played and applied some decent pressure up to half time and looked the most likely, but we created nothing.

Second half awful, We kept a clean sheet so that in its self is a positive.

Keeper didn't have much to do, thought Delaney and Santos played well, Tutte was solid.

But the big names just didn't turn up Sarcevic still not showing anything, Doyle and Delfounso both had poor games, Crawford is a mystery should be cruising at this level but a no show.

At least we didn't concede a late goal.

20BWFC 0-0 Grimsby Empty Re: BWFC 0-0 Grimsby Sat Oct 10 2020, 17:29

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We need Tower FM to do the commentary too as Bolton FM are frigging useless!!!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum