Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

"I was lost" - Junior Whites star on injury which wrecked Wanderers career

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

"I was lost" - Junior Whites star on injury which wrecked Wanderers career 11925896

One of Bolton Wanderers' treasured ‘Junior Whites’ has sent out an emotional social media message detailing their struggle to overcome serious injury.

Eddie Brown, the Manchester-born striker who made seven appearances last season, was not handed a professional deal by the club in the summer.

Brown was one of several young players who turned out for Bolton in their youngest-ever team and earned a 0-0 draw against future League One champions, Coventry City.

But the 19-year-old has revealed how a ruptured hamstring wrecked his chances of staying at the club he had represented for a decade of his life.

Brown is now looking to rebuild his football career and, speaking on his official Twitter account, thanked the Bolton fans for their support.

He wrote: “I used to think I was a footballer. I used to think everything was easy.

“I used to think that injuries were a minor thing that you could overcome without any downsides.

“I used to think everything would be laid out in front of me. Oh, how wrong I was!

“Things are never easy, and I went from being somebody to no-one in the space of one second. One rupture of the hamstring and I was no-one. I was lost and I am still struggling to find myself.

“I’ve started back up building self-belief and confidence with my special friends.

“One thing I never ever did, which still kills me, is say a farewell to the fans of Bolton Wanderers FC.

“It was a pleasure playing in front of you all. I wish everything the best.

“Memories since I was 10 years old will never fade. So many memories.

“I wish things had worked out differently, however things don’t always go according to plan. Hopefully, I can get the form back I had before the injury and go again. Heads up to everyone.”

"I was lost" - Junior Whites star on injury which wrecked Wanderers career 11925898

Source

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hope he gets back and finds a club, he'll always have a special place in my heart after that Coventry game.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum