Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ian Evatt 'disgusted' by 2-1 defeat to Oldham Athletic

+4
Natasha Whittam
karlypants
Norpig
boltonbonce
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ian Evatt says he was “disgusted” by his team’s performance in a 2-1 home defeat against Oldham Athletic.

The Whites head coach did not hold back as Zak Dearnley’s injury time goal condemned them to defeat – a result that sees the club sink to 20th in League Two.

Nathan Delfouneso had put Bolton back on level terms in the first half after Blackpool loanee Ben Garrity had slid in Danny Rowe’s cross 28 minutes in.

Bolton looked in a decent position after pulling level but failed miserably to push on after the interval and Conor McAleny had a string of opportunities to restore the Latics’ lead, one of which bounced off the post.

A point was then wasted in stoppage time as Bolton got caught on the counter after their own corner, their retreating defence failing to stop Dearnley passing the ball past Billy Crellin for the winner.

A miserable Evatt summed up the performance after the final whistle.

“I don’t know where to start,” he said. “There are so many things that are wrong at the moment which need fixing. I could be here all day.

“It isn’t good enough from anybody. From one to 24 in the squad they need to own up fast.

“Too many of them are too comfortable, not pushing themselves, and just happy to be at Bolton Wanderers. They think they have made it because of what we have got around us.

“I don’t see passion, I don’t see drive, I don’t see commitment. I don’t see people wanting to run that extra five yards and what it takes to help your friends out on the pitch.

“I’m disgusted with that performance, to be honest, and that’s a strong word. I’m disgusted.”

Source

Last edited by karlypants on Sat Oct 17 2020, 19:48; edited 1 time in total

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Well, he's got that right.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Is he up to the job? I'm not sure now to be honest. I would have rather have gone for an experienced league manager to rebuild us.

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Whats happened to the ex Salford manager? 

He might be worth a punt as I feel Evatt is for the chop now.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Get a grip KP, no way can we afford to sack Evans.

However, if the club wants to get in touch I'm happy to take on a coaching role.

sunlight

sunlight
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

You cant do worse than the Coach thats there now.

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Natasha Whittam wrote:Get a grip KP, no way can we afford to sack Evans.

However, if the club wants to get in touch I'm happy to take on a coaching role.
You could only be better.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Every time we signed a player they were videoed telling us how delighted they were to be "signed up by a big club like Bolton Wanderers" so maybe Evatt has something in the "think I've made it" point.
It would be dreadful if we've signed a load of talented but lazy wannabes.

But from the game I saw there were a few good performances so I don't think everyone has to fess up. I was particularly pleased with how well Harry Brockbank has matured. I thought Kioso's debut was decent. I thought Santos has come on in leaps and bounds. 
Disappointments were Ali Crawford and Sarcevic - they lost the midfield battle and if they perform we perform. I'd consider dropping one of them and throwing big Reiss in to try to boss it next time we struggle to control it.
Wondering if results continue to go badly they might consider just throwing all the giants on at once and smashing out a result? Smile

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Can't say I agree overly with Ian's assessment.....I didn't see players not putting any effort into it at all.

The bottom line is that we have our usual team of non league, cast off's and basically unwanted players and are trying to mold this lot into a team.  Same thing exactly as with Keith.
Currently I do see a few good signs in the team and with a few tweaks here and there I think we are good for a bottom half finish the the end.  

I would like to hear from all the blokes on here who were gung-ho about sacking Keith and happy as pigs in shit when Ian came aboard...... motto is "Be careful what you wish for"

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum